Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 12:02 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times

Advertisements

I'm curious to see how Hillary is received by the Dems. It reminds me of a Glen Greenwald piece where he challenged Liberals to answer the question of "how much is too much. What would the Democratic party have to actually do for you to vote something other than Democrat?" He noted that Liberals sat quietly by & nodded as Obama handed a monopoly contract to Bush's boy Michael Chertoff and RapiScan so that now everyone must be x-rayed of patted down to board an airplane, where children & the elderly are being strip searched, all this for a domestic flight. Would that be enough to not vote Democrat? Nope. Would lying to you & keeping the secret torture prisons open be enough? Would rounding up war protesters be enough? Macing/clubbing occupy protestors be the final straw? What if we found out Obama had a secret "kill list" of people he was going to have assassinated? What if Obama started killing US Citizens without a trial or any due process? What if Obama had the NSA collect all your internet posts, texts, emails & phone calls to possibly use as evidence against you one day? What if he filled his cabinet with more Wall St execs than any President in US History? What if he championed fracking in the United States? What if he armed/funded Islamic militants who turned out to be ISIS? What if we knew with 100% certainty that we were knowingly selling guns to the Mexican cartels?

Point being, is it's going to take a lot more than War Hawk Hillary and a wave of new wars she'll get us into to make partisan Democrats vote for anyone but the candidate the party tells them to vote for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 02:37 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Those 'some' ignore the rest of World War II. Civilians were bombed by the Japanese at Nanking, China, historically considered to be the first action of World War II, and all sides bombed civilian targets afterward throughout the duration of the war.

By the end, Berlin was reduced to the same pile of rubble as Hiroshima and Nagasaki, with corresponding civilian deaths. The only difference was it took longer to destroy Berlin.
I was speaking about our government and the way we wage war. But yes you are correct about what other countries did to civilians.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sorry, I'm not buying it.
Buy what? That is exactly what he said. He wouldn't take going after ISIS off the table. If a country or terrorist organization threatens America action needs to be taken.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:50 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Buy what? That is exactly what he said. He wouldn't take going after ISIS off the table. If a country or terrorist organization threatens America action needs to be taken.
North Korea threatens us all the time.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:29 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,028 times
Quote:
His name is Rand Paul, that's another thing you have wrong.
Oh, dear I made a typo so *of course* that invalidates everything I've ever said...

I spend 30 years listening to people praise Ron Paul and I often (like many people) still think of him first when someone says 'Paul is running'. Big deal.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:32 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Paul makes a interesting point that Hillary will be on the side of neo con warmongers while he will have mostly a non interventionist foreign policy. Paul could be right that his message could win over Independents and some {D}s that are tired of war and being bogged down in the ME.
And few days later he announced he supports military action to eliminate ISIS proving he is nothing but a flip-flopping hypocrite. A far cry from his father.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
North Korea threatens us all the time.
Bribes us you mean. Plus didn't North Korea say IF America messes with us we wont take it like other countries have too.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Oh, dear I made a typo so *of course* that invalidates everything I've ever said...
No but your factless posts do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
I spend 30 years listening to people praise Ron Paul and I often (like many people) still think of him first when someone says 'Paul is running'. Big deal.
Shame you haven't learned anything and still do the same thing over and over again even though it fails.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And few days later he announced he supports military action to eliminate ISIS proving he is nothing but a flip-flopping hypocrite. A far cry from his father.
He never flip flopped. Show proof he said he wouldn't go after ISIS. You wont because you can't.

Old 09-07-2014, 03:32 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
He never flip flopped. Show proof he said he wouldn't go after ISIS. You wont because you can't.
The OP proved it.

Rand Paul yesterday: "You know what? We are tired of war. We’re worried that Hillary Clinton will get us involved in another Middle Easter war’

Rand Paul today : "I would seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily."

If that's not a flip-flopping hypocrite, then I don't know who is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies