Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 07:04 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,557,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The OP proved it.

Rand Paul yesterday: "You know what? We are tired of war. We’re worried that Hillary Clinton will get us involved in another Middle Easter war’

Rand Paul today : "I would seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily."

If that's not a flip-flopping hypocrite, then I don't know who is.
I was surprised that Rand Paul's OP Ed last week was not acknowledged in this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 07:07 PM

37,940 posts, read 17,778,661 times
Quote:
The OP proved it.

Rand Paul yesterday: "You know what? We are tired of war. We’re worried that Hillary Clinton will get us involved in another Middle Easter war’

Rand Paul today : "I would seek congressional authorization to destroy ISIS militarily."

If that's not a flip-flopping hypocrite, then I don't know who is.
Next time read the previous posts. He said he wouldn't take it off the table when first asked about it. Then recently asked on what reasons he'd go after them. Only if our borders were threatened. AND he'd seek congressional approval. They've been threatened.
Your post didn't have all the facts.

Plus you're comparing Benghazi gun running with a terrorist organization that said they are coming after us.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,557,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Destroying a group of freaks who want to take over the world and make everyone living under sharia law while beheading Americans to get their message across is different than Drone striking weddings.
Every "freak" destroyed results in the recruitment of 1000 more.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:23 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,941,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Hilary is a hawk though. Lol at the people who still think she's a liberal
Hillary served on the board of directors for Walmart before that went all China Mart.
She is a Neocon Globalist War Hawk like Bush and Obama.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:39 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Hilary is a hawk though. Lol at the people who still think she's a liberal
Paul's recent comments put him in the same boat with her, and pretty much everyone else for that matter, since everyone seem to support taking out ISIS.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Paul's recent comments put him in the same boat with her, and pretty much everyone else for that matter, since everyone seem to support taking out ISIS.
What a silly comment. Rand has stated only using force when threatened. Unlike the others he doesn't believe in nation building.
Take out a dictator the situation gets worse as there is a power vacuum. It's happened time and time again as the radicals fight to get power since no one is in power to keep them in check. Same thing happened when we took out Saddam.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:16 AM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What a silly comment.
If you find facts silly, then so be it.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:31 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,996,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This will be his biggest problem and might be the reason he may have trouble getting the nomination: His isolationist attitude is hard for many other than his strongest supporters to accept. I am not a hawk, by any means but I am have trouble with isolationism. I know his supporters say he isn't an isolationist, I disagree.
That isolationist attitude as you call it, is no longer being seen that way by MANY people.
He is not against having a strong military.

"I look at the world, and consider war, realistically and constitutionally.
I still see war as the last resort." Rand Paul

Like Father, like son - in this case....
And, I don't know many (if they were honest) at this point in time, that can say Ron Paul was wrong
about the ramifications of our present/past foreign policy.

I think the voters will surprise you.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
If you find facts silly, then so be it.
You didn't post any facts, you added 1 and 1 and got 3.
"The sun rises in the east and someone dies that day. If only the sun rose in the west." Describes the thought process in some of your posts.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:18 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,426,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Every "freak" destroyed results in the recruitment of 1000 more.
Link please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies