Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 10:11 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, IF you took the time to read the cited article you'd know that Blue Shield would be paying, NOT the creation of delusional whiny minds fictiously titled Obamacare, eh?
And if we are forced to pay into health insurance due to obamacare then we are being forced to help pay for someone's sex change operation. If a person wants to get a sex change, I don't have a problem with that. It's their body, not mine. I do have a problem with the fact that I am FORCED to buy a product due to a law which in turns forces me to help pay for someone else's sex change operation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 AM

46,270 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No.

The ACA legislation sets some minimal guidelines. The insurance companies still have a lot of leeway in what they will cover, and how.

For example, the linked article cites TWO examples, only TWO examples, and one transgender person paid for their surgery out of their own pockets, the insurer declining to cover the surgery, and the second transgender person could not even get their hormones paid for.
So the ACA does set guidelines....

I never said who makes them pay or what they will pay for.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:30 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And people will wonder why their premiums skyrocket.

Obamacare Now Pays for Gender Reassignment - The Daily Beast
I can see you're happy about this. When are you getting it done?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
And if we are forced to pay into health insurance due to obamacare then we are being forced to help pay for someone's sex change operation. If a person wants to get a sex change, I don't have a problem with that. It's their body, not mine. I do have a problem with the fact that I am FORCED to buy a product due to a law which in turns forces me to help pay for someone else's sex change operation.
The ACA does not require that insurance companies pay for someone's sex change operation. IF your insurance company offers such insurance, then take it up with them. Don't blame the ACA.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So the ACA does set guidelines....

I never said who makes them pay or what they will pay for.
Honestly, can you tell me of a time when the government did not have regulations on the insurance industry?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:44 AM

46,270 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Honestly, can you tell me of a time when the government did not have regulations on the insurance industry?

Like the ACA...never...

Old 08-26-2014, 10:49 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:

If you feel it completes you, hey, go for it.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:06 AM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:

Let's see.....

100,000 a surgery x .00001 frequency....darn that's a whole $1 increase to base losses or around a $1.25 premium increase.

Then throw in the fact that you'll be unlikely to ever have to pay maternity costs on those policies and I really doubt they are causing premiums to skyrocket lol.

The costs are going up because chronically ill people previously without insurance are hitting medical centers with pent up demand.

Both sides lied through their teeth to push for this....making it out to be both better and worse than anticipated. The fact that implementation was delayed until after elections should be a clue as to what was going to eventually happen.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Like the ACA...never...
Then you are deluded. The government has always placed regulations on the insurance industry. And the insurance industry's involvement in actually writing the ACA ensures that they still have a great deal of leeway in how they operate.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
So Freaking What.

So Sorry, you do not get to chose what your tax dollars are spent on, none of do. So if I have an issue with people populating the world like a crowded box of hamsters and do not want my part of the tax payer funds to help pay people to have babies do I get to whine about that? What If I do not believe my money should go to pay for the care of a smoker, drinker or over eating couch potato do I get to say my money is not allowed to be used for their care? Nope.
Sorry folks, complain and stomp your feet all you want, will not change a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies