Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 05:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Perfect example of why I eschew the airlines and fly my own plane.

News from The Associated Press
This is this second time in one day you've bragged about your own plane.
Are we supposed to be impressed?
The topic isn't political or controversial. I think you just wanted to show off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 05:49 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Yours too for $21.95!

Knee Defender from Gadget Duck
Knee Defender - $21.95
Fine for interfering with cabin crew when they ask you remove said Knee Defender - up to $25,000
Causing your flight to be redirected, leaving you stranded in Chicago (but with plenty of legroom) - priceless.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:10 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
This is this second time in one day you've bragged about your own plane.
Are we supposed to be impressed?
The topic isn't political or controversial. I think you just wanted to show off.
Lol....

Old 08-26-2014, 07:11 PM

78,319 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Knee Defender - $21.95
Fine for interfering with cabin crew when they ask you remove said Knee Defender - up to $25,000
Causing your flight to be redirected, leaving you stranded in Chicago (but with plenty of legroom) - priceless.
I respectfully ask that you stop making posts like this.

They are just too good and I cannot rep you again this soon.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:18 AM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times
I can see diverting a plane for a real emergency
or a medical issue, but they should just duct tape
these idiots to their seats and continue on to the
destination. A whole plane load of people
shouldn't be have to be punished.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:01 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The solution is not not allow the seats to recline. There is no reason why people should expect to sleep during a flight in "coach".
Up to 12 years ago I flew at least once a week. An unrestricted coach ticket used to run $700-850 R/T between the NY tri state area and ORD. I can fly the same route today for $200-300.

Deregulation created competition which resulted in substantially lower fares in spite of rising costs. A few years ago, there was a TV documentary on a day in the life of American Airlines or something along those lines. I recall how many flight lost money due to factors beyond the control of airlines, mostly weather. One flight made a $10 profit which was substantially better than most domestic flights, that day.

Over the years, passenger space has substantially declined in Coach as the cost of air travel has declined.
I agree that Coach seats should not decline. There is simply not enough space to take a nap in the lap of the passenger behind you. Just another first world challenge.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I think it's time for someone to compile a list. A list of all the 'features' (not) available to second class citizens. This practice seems to be getting more and more common.
Sounds a tad like victim thinking.

Coach passengers have always had less space and service than those who pay more to get more.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
While I would be outraged as a passenger if this happened to me - not being able to recline - I don't see any culpability on the part of the guy.
I don't recline because I am aware that it imposes on the space of the person sitting behind me, especially in a middle seat.

He used a devise to prevent the seat in front of him from reclining.
The airline does not permit passengers to use such devices.

As I understand it, he refused to remove the device.

Both of these passengers behaved like preschoolers and caused the pilot to divert which seriously inconvenienced all the other passengers and caused the airline to incur substantial incremental costs.

Too bad the carrier did not name names or press charges.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:24 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sounds a tad like victim thinking.

Coach passengers have always had less space and service than those who pay more to get more.

Business class pays for the airlines. The people in coach should be treated as freight and tickets priced per pound.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:24 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
No other service is like the airlines.

They charge exorbitant rates, slam you for bag fees, cancel flights sometimes without cause, overbook, make you get molested by strangers, treat you like cattle and cram you into a aluminum tube with no room to stretch and make you pay for all the above.

My method is more expensive however I am not molested, my scheduling is my own, I come and go as I please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies