Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 10:04 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,052,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And brought men up from being animals Our entire western society is based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and other prophets of God. Equality, fair play. Compassion, all things that didn't exist outside of very small circles before the light of Christ was introduced to the world.

Compassion has nothing to do with god. It's a human emotion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 10:07 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,101 times
Y'all are retarded. We've had record heat here in Florida. Dry heat, 99 degrees. I don't understand how some of y'all dumb folks thinks it's cold on this planet. World's gone mad.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:08 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Are you sure about that? Because people without a soul are the ones with no feelings, they are the murderers and rapists...you get the idea.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:14 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Quote:
Are you sure about that? Because people without a soul are the ones with no feelings, they are the murderers and rapists...you get the idea.
What?? I am catholic and believe in god but we all choose our own path in life. We can choose to be good or evil. It is our choice. It has nothing to do with having a soul.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:27 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,664,616 times
Quote:
Do you actually know any real scientists that aren't wasting our time with this GW myth?

I happen to be closely related to a PHD in Physics. The more they learn the more he is convinced that God is real. These are the guys who are unlocking the secrets of the universe with the Super Collider.

The more they learn, the more of them are going back to church.
This is funny.

I guess they're having a prayer before they fire the collider up, now.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:43 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Do you actually know any real scientists that aren't wasting our time with this GW myth?

I happen to be closely related to a PHD in Physics. The more they learn the more he is convinced that God is real. These are the guys who are unlocking the secrets of the universe with the Super Collider.

The more they learn, the more of them are going back to church.
Why don't I believe you?...Oh I guess this is why...According to Pew, one-fifth of American adults have no religious affiliation, a trend that has for years been on the rise.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:45 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,659,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

You're right. Compassion transcends all religions. It's a human quality, not a Godly quality.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Oh, like those ISIS guys in Syria and Iraq....But, but they are religious..Religion has caused more evil in the world than everything else combined.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:53 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh, like those ISIS guys in Syria and Iraq....But, but they are religious..Religion has caused more evil in the world than everything else combined.
Religion has given billions of people a shot at salvation in the afterlife, a length of time far longer than any time spent on earth.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Religion has given billions of people a shot at salvation in the afterlife, a length of time far longer than any time spent on earth.
The problem with that is the afterlife is just another religious myth, on a par with the Muslim 72 virgin fable.

“I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse.”
― Isaac Asimov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies