Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 12:45 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Oh it's a pattern alright, a pattern that shows gun instructors are not informed enough about guns to ensure minors use them safely.
How many instructors have been killed like this? ANd how many children have been killed in this type situation?

Quote:
Gun instructors should require a strict course in gun instruction and safety before teaching children how to use guns.
Classes like this happen all the time, much to your dismay....how mnay people have died in these situations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 12:51 PM

939 posts, read 794,954 times
Now is the time for all pro-gun fanatics to defend "the right" that parents have to teach their children to learn to shoot Uzis. I agree with the right to bear arms, but there are so many in our nation who are "gun crazy". Why do you need "the right" to have THESE types of guns?! I forgot, "guns don't kill people, people kill people"- HOGWASH. I'm sure if this nonsense were outlawed, some of you gun extemists will say, "She would have killed him, with a knife"!! Face it, your excuses to arm yourself with these types of weapons are nonsense. It's all about feeling "macho, and power"- which stems from deep seeded insecurity.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Now is the time for all pro-gun fanatics to defend "the right" that parents have to teach their children to learn to shoot Uzis. I agree with the right to bear arms, but there are so many in our nation who are "gun crazy". Why do you need "the right" to have THESE types of guns?! I forgot, "guns don't kill people, people kill people"- HOGWASH. I'm sure if this nonsense were outlawed, some of you gun extemists will say, "She would have killed him, with a knife"!! Face it, your excuses to arm yourself with these types of weapons are nonsense. It's all about feeling "macho, and power"- which stems from deep seeded insecurity.
LOL...somone failed to even read the article....

Continue with ignorance....

Old 08-27-2014, 01:11 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How many instructors have been killed like this? ANd how many children have been killed in this type situation?

Classes like this happen all the time, much to your dismay....how mnay people have died in these situations?
A small number.

However, due to our voting base, this small number is enough to convince people to take away your right to bear arms.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:35 PM

1,553 posts, read 924,654 times
What kind of a F'N LOON takes their 9-YEAR-OLD kid to shoot submachine guns??????????????

Old 08-27-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
What kind of a F'N LOON takes their 9-YEAR-OLD kid to shoot submachine guns??????????????
A normal kind of F'N LOON.

There are lots of stupid people out there, ya know?

Old 08-27-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post

BEcause you have never heard of it....does not mean it's not there...ranges like that make lots of money...

Old 08-27-2014, 01:43 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
A normal kind of F'N LOON.

There are lots of stupid people out there, ya know?
I have yet to have anyone give a good argument for giving a 9 year old a automatic weapon.

2nd amendment all day long, I do not support gun bans, but that should be for adults.

I think kids should be able to shoot whatever gun their parents would let them around age 13, but most parents won't even let their kids push mow a yard until they are in their teens.

A real debate on why a child needs to be allowed to shoot a automatic weapon needs to be had by our lawmakers and citizens, and I feel like legislation outlawing certain guns from young children should be proposed.

As I have said before, giving a 10 year old a muzzle loader, bow and arrow, a shot gun with 3 rounds, a hunting rifle with 5, even a AK semi auto with 5 rounds in it can be somewhat rationalized.

But a full auto Uzi? No freaking way.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I have yet to have anyone give a good argument for giving a 9 year old a automatic weapon.

2nd amendment all day long, I do not support gun bans, but that should be for adults.

I think kids should be able to shoot whatever gun their parents would let them around age 13, but most parents won't even let their kids push mow a yard until they are in their teens.

A real debate on why a child needs to be allowed to shoot a automatic weapon needs to be had by our lawmakers and citizens, and I feel like legislation outlawing certain guns from young children should be proposed.

As I have said before, giving a 10 year old a muzzle loader, bow and arrow, a shot gun with 3 rounds, a hunting rifle with 5, even a AK semi auto with 5 rounds in it can be somewhat rationalized.

But a full auto Uzi? No freaking way.
You had a gentleman in this thread that claimed he shot a full-auto gun at the age of 12. Sounds like a "responsible gun owner" to me.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:51 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
You had a gentleman in this thread that claimed he shot a full-auto gun at the age of 12. Sounds like a "responsible gun owner" to me.
Well, for one, even a full auto shotgun can have a limit on the rounds you put in it. I remember hearing them at the lake during duck season. Tack, Tack, Tack, then it ended. Why? Because they only could carry three rounds in a gun.

And 12 years old is ok with me, depending on the size of the individual. I shot my dads 12 gauge when I was probably 9 or 10. He put one round in it, and it blew me off the fence onto my back. I didn't shoot it again until I was 14.

There are also 10 year old boys who have more upper body strength than others, who can maintain a good hold on a weapon like this. A 9 year old little girl, or a regular sized boy though, no.

This is where the debate needs to be had. What is a good age for this. When I was 13, I could drive a car better then most 19 year olds because I grew up driving them at my dads shop. It doesn't mean that every 13 year old should be allowed to drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies