Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2014, 04:49 PM

46,162 posts, read 26,822,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
In this case, parents had no idea what was best for their child.
That's why the had the supposed expert there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 04:50 PM

19,363 posts, read 22,309,954 times
This incident does not beg for more gun control, it begs for more birth control. Forced on those stupid parents.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:00 PM

All you anti gunners...do you think 9 years old's have never shot this type of weapon before?

The range allowed it, the parents I'm sure had to sign a waiver to let that young girl shoot.

I'm willing to bet that something like that has never HAPPENED before (At that range)....why...cause they still allow 9 year old kids to fire.

It's a thrill that can be bought, don't need to hear that thrill cost lives, same reason an untrained person can go drive a super car for less than $200...it a thrill...

This was very tragic for the the child and everyone.... I feel for the child, I hope she does not become some of the gun hater in this thread.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:13 PM

18,123 posts, read 15,512,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Sad stuff. Honestly these parents should be charged with child endangerment. That little girl could have killed herself firing an Uzi. There needs to be a federal limit on the appropriate age to fire a gun.
In this case, and the one almost just like it a couple years ago, common sense should have been sufficient. I can't fathom, how a "certified range officer" could act so ignorantly. As a range officer myself, who has instructed adults with firearms experience, it does not compute how this guy would put a full auto weapon in a child's hands.

Full auto takes EXPERIENCE to manage. Strong adults are surprised by the control issues with it. This little girl was NOT ready for an Uzi. A River 10/22, with a bunch of mods, would have given the same effect of firing a "cool" firearm, without uncontrollable muzzle climb. And semi auto would have been sufficient.

I really am shocked how someone, supposedly trained to train people, would do something like this. I have not seen ONE person, including myself, who was not a bit surprised by how full auto handles, the first time trying it. "Lively" is an understatement. An Uzi is way to much weapon to trust a child's abilities with. Whoever trained this "instructor" should have stressed having a bit of humility coupled with an overabundance of caution. Maybe they did, idk, but it didn't take. And tragedy resulted.

"Certified range officer"? For that title, more should be expected.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Status: "MAGA - Mental Ability Gone Awry" (set 26 days ago)

13,144 posts, read 21,679,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
All you anti gunners...do you think 9 years old's have never shot this type of weapon before?

The range allowed it, the parents I'm sure had to sign a waiver to let that young girl shoot.

I'm willing to bet that something like that has never HAPPENED before (At that range)....why...cause they still allow 9 year old kids to fire.

It's a thrill that can be bought, don't need to hear that thrill cost lives, same reason an untrained person can go drive a super car for less than $200...it a thrill...

This was very tragic for the the child and everyone.... I feel for the child, I hope she does not become some of the gun hater in this thread.
I have a tons of firearms and concealed carry permits from three states. I've taught my kids how to shoot. I think it is absolutely and undeniably stupid beyond belief to let a 9 year old kid fire an Uzi on full-auto holding it all by herself. You have a serious problem if you equate that to being anti-gun.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:19 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,098,421 times
Quote:

The point isn't that a 9 year old has never shot a gun like this before. The point is a 9 year old shooting this type of gun is child endangerment. Parents who put their kids in this type of danger needs to be charged.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I have a tons of firearms and concealed carry permits from three states. I've taught my kids how to shoot. I think it is absolutely and undeniably stupid beyond belief to let a 9 year old kid fire an Uzi on full-auto holding it all by herself. You have a serious problem if you equate that to being anti-gun.
Obviously the range does and did not agree with you..

Old 08-27-2014, 05:27 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,098,421 times
Quote:
Hopefully this range will be shut down because of this...

Old 08-27-2014, 05:32 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,404,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

It was his last irresponsible act. A 9 year old is suited to performing at a 9 y.o. level, which doesn't include competent operation of automatic weapons.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Status: "MAGA - Mental Ability Gone Awry" (set 26 days ago)

13,144 posts, read 21,679,409 times
Quote:
Nice try, but the range doesn't agree with YOU. It's currently CLOSED to children and they are reviewing their policy with respect to them. Arizona gun range reviewing policies after nine-year-old kills instructor | World news | theguardian.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies