Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 07:05 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The gun, I can afford. The ammo?
If you have to ask you cannot afford it, think about how many rounds you would fire in an afternoon of fun, adds up very fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 09:32 AM

78,324 posts, read 60,517,579 times
So, would this apply to all body armor because there is a whole industry that sells jackets etc. with ballistic protection built into it and their clients are a host of famous people including a lot of rappers and celebrities with stalkers etc.

Or are they only talking about the tactical stuff? The military grade or the police grade stuff? Big difference.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:38 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
he can't be republican , he's got to be an undercover demo rat
no... he is out of the closet. full on gun-o-phobe democrat.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:42 AM

39,838 posts, read 26,477,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Rep. Mike Honda Introduces Bill Banning Civilians from Buying Body Armor | NBC Bay Area

I know it's California, but, why can't citizens protect themselves?
So...the president, all elected officials (well, except those with LEO creds), and certainly all celebrities are civilians. Will they all be banned from owning/wearing body armor when in CA? Or will this be another of those laws that only applies to the peasants?

The obvious fact is that it won't apply to the criminals...who by definition...ignore laws.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:45 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So...the president, all elected officials (well, except those with LEO creds), and certainly all celebrities are civilians. Will they all be banned from owning/wearing body armor when in CA? Or will this be another of those laws that only applies to the peasants?

The obvious fact is that it won't apply to the criminals...who by definition...ignore laws.
Shhhh, reality is forbidden.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:33 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,908,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Cal makes them illegal, meaning what? That criminals bent on buying full body armor and/or a .50 will get what they want anyway, the law only prevents a citizen that is willing to follow a law from getting specific items. If I am planning on robbing a bank I really do not care what other laws I break so that I can ensure my success. Buying illegal guns, ammo, body armor and stealing getaway vehicles are all things any determined bank robber would be fine with.
My point - if a state outlaws the sale of something then someone will find a way to get around letter of the law and sometimes even provide a better product in the case of the Barrett .458. Outlaw body armor and someone will buy steel targets, Line-X them and put them in plate carriers. Other than a pair of holes in the steel target, it is a body armor plate. Lawmakers don't have a clue sometimes (most of the time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nice weapon, but I would be living on a cot in my workshop if my wife found out I spent that kind of money to buy one, as if I need one for any purpose other than expensive fun. Have fired a Barrett .50 a couple of times, a single friend of mine has one, they have the wonderful flat trajectory that all .50's have, and with the right scope if you can see it you can hit it, great fun but it costs big bucks to shoot, the stuff of dreams. I will stick to my 5.56 and 7.62's, far more affordable and real world usable, plus they do not weigh 28lbs. which is actually lighter than the model my friend has, his is in the 35lb. range, unloaded.
I'm working on my wife with baby steps. A birthday gift of an AR started it. I'll have a AR-10/SR25 built by the end of the year. And I've already dropped hints about the .300 Win Mag from Nemo Arms with no negative comments in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies