Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 01:38 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,487,502 times

Advertisements

Don't tell anybody, but British SAS and Reconnaissance are already on the ground. They are on it. Us, not so much.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:43 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Don't tell anybody, but British SAS and Reconnaissance are already on the ground. They are on it. Us, not so much.
US was on the ground months before the bombing begun.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
As if the SEALs alone can win the war.

They get all the spot light and attention because of some movies and Bin Laden.

Force recon's mission, then and now, was to go deep behind enemy lines in order to gather reconnaissance of the enemy (hence Force RECON). They are similar to the Navy SEALs in that they are heavily trained in airborne and combat diving techniques in order to allow them to bypass traditional land defense systems. The water, and swimming, is a heavy component of being in Force Recon The difference between them is that the SEALs’ purpose is to kill the enemy, while Force Recon’s main purpose is simply to gather intelligence. Force Recon’s mission is considered a success if absolutely no shots are fired.

All military branches are important in order to win the war. However, nobody can win the war against these middle easterns. One thousands of them die, one thousands more will pop up like cockroaches.

How can a team of eight or 12 or 15 seals can kill them all? LOL
Quote:
May I ask you? What exactly are special forces? Are they robots? Are they technology? These are men who have sisters, moms, dads, and girlfriends.. No?

They don't deserve to die, period.

Ask the Marine Corps, How many force recon guys came back alive? Why is middle east any of other people's businesses? They can fight their own terrorists.
you forget though that marines, and special forces people are rather a different breed of soldier than other military branches. did you ever watch the movie full metal jacket? remember the opening speech by gunnery sargent hartman? especially the line where he says "if you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be weapon, you will be a minister of death praying for war". that is the attitude that ALL special forces operatives are instilled with during their training, and they are taught to never give up. also remember what hartman said on graduation day in the movie as well, "marines die, thats what we are here for". other tidbits from the movie include, "god has a hard on for marines because we kill everything we see, he p;lays his games, we play ours. and we keep heaven packed with fresh souls".

these guys know that death is their business, and they are good at it. and by the way, seals dont just go out and kill, they also do recon and intelligence gathering, ALL special forces do. in fact the best special forces missions are ones where the mission objective is achieved, and no one knows that the operatives were even there. which is why special forces soldiers are trained to use the weapons of their enemies, and often take those very weapons into battle so that no one really knows if it was a seal team, or rogue terrorists who did the mission.

and by the way a full seal team is 225 men, individual units can run from 8-16 men, sometimes even four men depending on the mission.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:01 PM

39,192 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Good ! hope they kill as many terrorists as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you forget though that marines, and special forces people are rather a different breed of soldier than other military branches. did you ever watch the movie full metal jacket? remember the opening speech by gunnery sargent hartman? especially the line where he says "if you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be weapon, you will be a minister of death praying for war". that is the attitude that ALL special forces operatives are instilled with during their training, and they are taught to never give up. also remember what hartman said on graduation day in the movie as well, "marines die, thats what we are here for". other tidbits from the movie include, "god has a hard on for marines because we kill everything we see, he p;lays his games, we play ours. and we keep heaven packed with fresh souls".

these guys know that death is their business, and they are good at it. and by the way, seals dont just go out and kill, they also do recon and intelligence gathering, ALL special forces do. in fact the best special forces missions are ones where the mission objective is achieved, and no one knows that the operatives were even there. which is why special forces soldiers are trained to use the weapons of their enemies, and often take those very weapons into battle so that no one really knows if it was a seal team, or rogue terrorists who did the mission.

and by the way a full seal team is 225 men, individual units can run from 8-16 men, sometimes even four men depending on the mission.
Marines are not soldiers. But anyway. These guys (special forces) might know death is their business, just like all the infantry guys. They signed the contract. My friend is just a regular Marine infantry guy. He's the ultimate war fighter, and a warrior. I don't believe he is anything less than special forces guys. Like I said, they all Matter! These special force guys are better trained, better equipped. But that doesn't mean other infantry guys have different mentality than them. At least, I don't believe so.

Therefore it is EXTRA important for the civilian leaders to be extra careful NOT sending them to an endless, worthless war with no purpose or point.

by the way, they didn't send the whole 225 men to kill Bin Laden. And where are the seal team six right now?

Just like that lone survivor guy said, "Don't call me a hero and this is not a successful mission. We failed."

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 08-27-2014 at 02:16 PM..

Old 08-27-2014, 02:21 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,022 times
"Marines are not soldiers"
I found this out when meeting my son at the airport just after he graduated marine basic. He was in civies but talking to some fellow marines who were in uniform when a lady came up to him and asked if he was a soldier too. His reply was "No mam, I'm a marine."

Old 08-27-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
"Marines are not soldiers"
I found this out when meeting my son at the airport just after he graduated marine basic. He was in civies but talking to some fellow marines who were in uniform when a lady came up to him and asked if he was a soldier too. His reply was "No mam, I'm a marine."
Hope your son is safe. I still have friends currently serving. When I hear "war" I cringe.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:

Marines are not soldiers.
read what i said again, marines are NOT the typical breed of soldier. when you join the military, you are either a seaman, airman, or soldier, depending on what branch you join. marines are a different BREED of soldier, which is why they differentiate themselves.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
read what i said again, marines are NOT the typical breed of soldier. when you join the military, you are either a seaman, airman, or soldier, depending on what branch you join. marines are a different BREED of soldier, which is why they differentiate themselves.
and i don't want them to die.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:49 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,538,917 times
You mean now Americans and UK soldiers are risking life and limb against an enemy that Obama armed and funded?

Old 08-27-2014, 04:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Had the Shrub been willing to actually fight the proven threat way back when
(rather than protect the oil interests) we wouldn't have this fight today.
And you are completely, verified full of crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.