Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 10:42 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wow! Really???
Really. Anyone who thinks ISIS is coming to America and will begin conducting beheadings does not have a head to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 10:44 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
And you think bombing them and putting those boots on the ground is going to stop them from targeting us for a terrorist attack, huh? Take a reality pill, my friend. The only defense we have is via NSA, CIA, FBI covert operations that keep tabs on Muslim extremist movements, conversation, and activities in this country. Another military adventure in the ME does nothing but make the defense industry more billions. We need 'homeland security" not another idiotic war.
Yes, we can really depend on these "suits". Remember the Boston bombers? They really had a handle on that one.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:48 AM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Answer .... NOTHING ...... and China knows that for sure. He said today that "there is not Military option to anything that Putin might do. That's astounding - it's an open invitation with zero consequences.
Maybe instead view it as an *open* statement to Europe that we cannot take on responsibility for yet another war. Look at a map. How would the United States intervene on a practical basis. The Black Sea?

Take a look at this link and, more importantly, read the comments. Is THIS what we want?

Black Sea boiling: US missile cruiser enters waters as Russian Navy monitors NATO drills (July 2014)
Black Sea boiling: US missile cruiser enters waters as Russian Navy monitors NATO drills ? RT News

Old 08-29-2014, 10:49 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Not after liberals make them into pansies who won't do be able to do anything to coddle and pander to blacks. Then liberals trig to disarm American citizens.

And ISIS is made up of brown people.

Oh no! Not the brown people!

wow, racist much?

Old 08-29-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
You don't get it, we are very satisfied, we don't want ANY MORE of our money or children or husbands or wives going to the Middle East to solve their problems. Obama is doing exactly what we elected him to do, nothing.
He is good at that alright. Very good at that. I do realize he has a lot on his plate right now what with the fund raiser and all. Perhaps he just wants time to confer with his military planners, you know, Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, George Clooney, Al Sharpton.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:56 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You might wanna fly to Iraq and take on ISIS yourself. Stop trying to send our troops back to war!
You might want to start thinking of others rather than just yourself.

With sentiments such as you proclaim, when ISIS comes to your door, I know that I will not help you.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:56 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Not after liberals make them into pansies who won't do be able to do anything to coddle and pander to blacks. Then liberals trig to disarm American citizens.

And ISIS is made up of brown people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh no! Not the brown people!

wow, racist much?
ooooooooowww lol I've been called racist <freak out> <bow> <oh, that's right, some people think everything and everyone is racist> Think what you want because I DON'T CARE

So what did I say that wasn't true?

Trying to disarm Americans?
Blacks fighting against police?
ISIS has brown people?

Oh by the way... I don't like Obama <lets hear you sing.. racist> lol

Old 08-29-2014, 10:58 AM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've picked up more books than you ever will..which is why I know better than to advocate for senseless wars that are interminable.

The Vietnamese dished out a good lesson that unfortunately, Americans like you refuse to learn.

You folks just think if you show up somewhere as a big badass American with your chest poked out, your enemies are just gonna fall like dominoes at your feet.

This country is NOT GOOD at fighting guerrilla wars on the guerrilla's home soil. The VC proved it...and so did Iraqi insurgents.

Leave well enough alone and mind this country's business.
Part of the problem with arm-chairing US policy based on the headline of the moment, is the completely lack of historical context, meaning *reality.* As we've found with the Shia-Sunni conflict in Iraq not to mention Vietnam, civil wars are messy affairs with repercussions that last for generations. Look at our own history.

As for the former Soviet Union, there has been a systematic policy for generations of exiling populations from the fringe areas of Russia into areas like Kazakhstan with in-migration by Russians. And so now - the nationalistic or ethnic conflict.

It's fine if someone wants to turn this into a macho pissing match between Obama - Putin, but if Obama is IMHO sensible enough not to play … well good for him. And our country.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You might want to start thinking of others rather than just yourself.

With sentiments such as you proclaim, when ISIS comes to your door, I know that I will not help you.
He would probably sell out his own family to save himself.

Old 08-29-2014, 11:00 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And those supporting your position have all the above stated information in support of their position?
Who actually has all the information?? Not you, not me, not Old Gringo, nor anyone else on C-D. Some people are more informed than others, it doesn't mean they have ALL the information.

The few that do possess critical information more than likely don't have all of it. Our government and alphabet agencies are known for not sharing intel.

You may want to read the thread from the beginning. In particular, the poster I was addressing. You may come to the same conclusion that he is missing some information, especially with regard to his claim that he knows what IS is doing, or plans to do and thinks that IS is not a threat to the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies