Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 09:38 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
the "war on women" is quite possibly the most hysterical pathetic joke liberals have ever concocted.
Actually, it was an embarrassment to women. I remember a group of women talking about it and they were laughing. One said "no I'm not one of those women". Meaning women who believed there was a war on women were weak types.

Last edited by petch751; 08-30-2014 at 09:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 09:44 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Let's really look at the talking of war. It was Clinton who talked for years about the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq . Clinton also did nothing other than talk when the SS Cole was hit.. the trade towers were bombed on his watch and Clinton did NOTHING!!
Actually, the terrorists were captured and convicted. You may recall that Clinton was also chasing after Osama bin Laden, but was accused by Republicans of just attempting to distract from the burning issue of whether or not he had sex with Monica Lewinsky.

Speaking of bin Laden, the outgoing Clinton administration warned the incoming Bush administration about his actions. Such warnings were ignored, much like that PDB Bush ignored. The one called "Bin Laden determined to attack in US". So not only did Bush fail to act to prevent an attack, he failed to capture the man responsible.

Republicans are incompetent and can only fail.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:47 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
what's worse? do you have a problem with gays? all I said is that the base if filled with aging white women would couldn't land a husband, and now have nothing but gay friends.
Ah but I didn't say the GOP base was nothing but 50+ white males etc...I only indicated that it would be as ridiculous to say that as what you are saying.

I can't help it if you are incapable of reading between the lines.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:49 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Unlike liberals, conservatives tend to be primarily concerned with pragmatism, not niceties. This is one of the biggest reasons that conservatives have a healthy respect for the traditions that have been proven to work over time.

Conservatives believe that, "There are no solutions; there are only trade-offs." (Thomas Sowell) Because of this, conservatives regularly do something that liberals seldom do: they consider the long-term consequences of their policies. They’re willing to be attacked and called "mean" in order to advocate policies that are good for the country.
And when do they intend to *implement* those policies?

Because so far, at least with this Congress, they haven't bothered.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
And when do they intend to *implement* those policies?

Because so far, at least with this Congress, they haven't bothered.
It's called the Harry Reid Nuke option.

You do know that laws (passed by the house) has to be brought to vote in the Senate right? Check Harry Reid's desk. There are 337 (last count) laws passed by the house (with both Republican and Democrat votes) that Harry won't bring to vote in the Senate. Obama would veto them anyway so Harry's job is to protect Obama so it doesn't get that far.

Obama tells you the congress isn't doing anything. He's half right. The Harry Reid led, Democratic majority Senate won't do their job.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:53 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Actually, it was an embarrassment to women. I remember a group of women talking about it and they were laughing and say "no I'm not one of those women". Meaning women who believed there was a war on women were weak types.
anyone who believes it is not only weak, but they're incredibly idiotic.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:58 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Ah but I didn't say the GOP base was nothing but 50+ white males etc...I only indicated that it would be as ridiculous to say that as what you are saying.

I can't help it if you are incapable of reading between the lines.
I said 40+ single women cat owners made up part of the base. it's true. I didn't say the party was nothing but women who were unable to land a husband. these are the women who also live through their "independent" cats. of course the party is also filled up with gays and unliberal black people.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:05 AM

Liberal policies have two components:

1. The Feel Good Part built upon a false premise and emptiness,
2. Heavy Handed Hammer of Government power to enforce.

Fat People are bad and drink too much soda, so ban people from buying soda = Feel Good Fascism.

Poor People Exist, so you Steal using government power to help to people who are unable to or unwilling to work = Feel Good Fascism.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:10 AM

Ineptocracy:
A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Witness the spectacle of Barack Obama, his court jester, Joe Biden and their supporters.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:41 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
If Coulter is talking about "liberals" in the sense of the modern day collectivists (and "conservatives" fit there too interchangeably), then she might have a point. Humans are not insects and should not try to create a "society" whereby each individual is exactly the same. Every human is an individual with individual dreams, desires, and interests...we did not evolve to serve and omnipotent Queen or colony as being more important than own existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies