Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:03 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Surprise surprise. Rick Santorum is the CEO of the film company.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:24 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Ah yes a movie put out by the AFA, an organisation classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Just what I want to show in my church - NOT!
The Southern Poverty Law Center has no radical leftist groups on its list. Why is that?

Old 08-29-2014, 08:00 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Are documentaries subject to Godwin's Law? If so, apparently this sucker fails on that account alone.

Religious reactionaries are perhaps incapable of understanding religious freedom because their closed-mindedness drives them to think that religious freedom exercised by others is anti-religiousness imposed on them, and that the Dominionism that they want to practice is somehow an expression of religious freedom instead of the reality, that it is an expression of religious intimidation. They're locked into an explicitly irrational thought pattern - irrational because their definition of religious freedom necessarily deprives it from others. The irrationality stems from the presumption that religious freedom includes the right to impose their own religion beyond the scope of religious freedom - beyond their own skin, their own families, and their own worship.
Best post of the Month ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 08-29-2014, 08:11 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The Southern Poverty Law Center has no radical leftist groups on its list. Why is that?
Well, since those "radical" groups (like the Girl Scouts) only exist in the heads of wingnuts.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
A church on just about every corner, and YOU'RE being persecuted?

Seriously?

Old 08-29-2014, 08:34 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,619,652 times
Are you serious? What other religious group enjoys a whole American political party and many, many Faith-based laws?
Oh, the poor Christians.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:35 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
You demand to freely advertise your religious beliefs with barbaric symbols all over the place in the public sphere at the tax payers expense.

You think you are being 'persecuted' when people get pissed off at your sense of entitlement that you can not only force your beliefs on others, but you expect them to pay for it as well.

I propose that all of you who want to keep your religious symbols or beliefs in the public sphere, pay a tax to do this, including a tax on your churches.

And people who don't want them, get a tax break. User pays. Sounds fair to me.
The pay part sounds conservative. I do not think the Religious right understands the financial part of the conservative right. Except that they need to be tax free.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:39 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Ah yes a movie put out by the AFA, an organisation classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Just what I want to show in my church - NOT!
The Southern Poverty Law Center IS a "hate group."

Old 08-29-2014, 08:48 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The Southern Poverty Law Center IS a "hate group."
I guess if you really want to stretch the concept, and to bigots. They shine the light on those, and their activities, that when relieved are like airing a foul and stinky mess. They expose the horrible things these people do instead of leaving in buried so it can fester to the rest of society. They hold those with these views accountable for what they say instead of trying to bury it for PR reasons.

It is not hate to show the things groups, or people, have done and don't want others to see. It's just forcing those without integrity to have some.

Your the one who goes around trying to "expose" liberals dirty laundry but can't take what you deal out.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:53 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I guess if you really want to stretch the concept, and to bigots. They shine the light on those, and their activities, that when relieved are like airing a foul and stinky mess. They expose the horrible things these people do instead of leaving in buried so it can fester to the rest of society. They hold those with these views accountable for what they say instead of trying to bury it for PR reasons.

It is not hate to show the things groups, or people, have done and don't want others to see. It's just forcing those without integrity to have some.

Your the one who goes around trying to "expose" liberals dirty laundry but can't take what you deal out.
What are you talking about? Especially that last sentence - it makes absolutely no sense at all.

The SPLC is one of the most hypocritical organizations I've ever known about. They call out all kinds of people for all kinds of things, but only when it fits a very narrow political agenda. They're dead silent when the exact same things are happening to a different group of people. It's pretty clear what their agenda is, and by any reasonable definition, they are a "hate group".

So again I ask, what are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies