Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 09:24 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times

Advertisements

Interesting Article. Opinions please. Looks like the Saudis are going to get bit in the butt from there own actions.

It appears -- even now -- that Saudi Arabia's ruling elite is divided. Some applaud that ISIS is fighting Iranian Shiite "fire" with Sunni "fire"; that a new Sunni state is taking shape at the very heart of what they regard as a historical Sunni patrimony; and they are drawn by Da'ish's strict Salafist ideology.

Other Saudis are more fearful, and recall the history of the revolt against Abd-al Aziz by the Wahhabist Ikhwan (Disclaimer: this Ikhwan has nothing to do with the Muslim Brotherhood Ikhwan -- please note, all further references hereafter are to the Wahhabist Ikhwan, and not to the Muslim Brotherhood Ikhwan), but which nearly imploded Wahhabism and the al-Saud in the late 1920s.

Many Saudis are deeply disturbed by the radical doctrines of Da'ish (ISIS) -- and are beginning to question some aspects of Saudi Arabia's direction and discourse.

Read more at LiveLeak.com - You Can't Understand ISIS If You Don't Know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia - (Text Only)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 10:05 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
It's a Middle East problem, it's up to the Middle Eastern countries to do something about it. Or not.

Either way, I don't want to see another American serviceman die trying to help and protect the people of the ME. Nothing there is worth that.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:17 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's a Middle East problem, it's up to the Middle Eastern countries to do something about it. Or not.

Either way, I don't want to see another American serviceman die trying to help and protect the people of the ME. Nothing there is worth that.
Good luck convincing a conservative of that. Their obsessed with dumping trillions of hard earned U.S. Tax dollars into the Middle East.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
There are Muslim nations in the immediate area with well armed Muslim militaries that can capably handle this Muslim-generated uprising.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:41 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,238,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
There are Muslim nations in the immediate area with well armed Muslim militaries that can capably handle this Muslim-generated uprising.
Exactly, let them kill each other off lol

Old 08-29-2014, 02:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
Exactly, let them kill each other off lol
With a lot of help from us.

Kill all terrorists with every means at our disposal.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:27 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
With a lot of help from us.

Kill all terrorists with every means at our disposal.
Yep, these fools who think it should be left to others in their aeea don't realize they are coming here for your wives and daughters. When you get home from work and find your wife's head hanging on a pole, I bet you change your mind... I'm sure she would like to lose a few pounds, but that technique isn't health.
Wise up fast or it will be your head or someone you love, 'cause it's going to happen if not stopped now..
!

Old 08-29-2014, 05:24 PM

I'm watching a report on TV right now about Isis planning on introducing the bubonic plague in the US to wipe out large segments of the population. They have many Americans fighting for them and those turn coat Americans have free access to our county. Send a few over and have them distribute the plague in water supplies around the country, and ISIS will be planting their flag in the White House.
This is serious stuff, non-believers, better wake up before you don't wake up..!
Comrade obama is letting anyone with two feet walk across the southern border, don't think for one minute those are all hard working Mexican's coming to pick tomatoes...

Old 08-29-2014, 05:31 PM

Her's the link for those of you who will ask and are too lazy to use google...
Isis plan to spread bubonic plague is found on laptop | The Times

Old 08-29-2014, 05:32 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
Good luck convincing a conservative of that. Their obsessed with dumping trillions of hard earned U.S. Tax dollars into the Middle East.
I don't think it is the conservative types from what I have seen but from the NeoCon Globalist types that look at any conflict in the world as our business to meddle in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies