Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 07:20 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Explain why it isn't.
Murder is a legal term. You may want to make it legally murder but since it's legal, it isn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 07:21 AM

21 posts, read 9,996 times
Quote:
Explain why it isn't.
Your life doesn't begin until you are born (hence a birthday). Murder is defined as the "killing of one human by another human". You can't murder something that hasn't developed into a human yet.

I must admit that writing this view down and trying to defend it is making me a little uneasy. Maybe I should reconsider my stance a little.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:23 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MScott123 View Post
Your life doesn't begin until you are born (hence a birthday). Murder is defined as the "killing of one human by another human". You can't murder something that hasn't developed into a human yet.

I must admit that writing this view down and trying to defend it is making me a little uneasy. Maybe I should reconsider my stance a little.
Debating the idea is the best way to clarify your reasoning to a defensible point.

Why is the unborn not "human" 90 seconds before birth?

Old 08-30-2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Debating the idea is the best way to clarify your reasoning to a defensible point.

Why is the unborn not "human" 90 seconds before birth?
In my eyes it is but not in the law's eyes.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:
In the laws eyes, it is. RvW states that the state has an interest after viability. It's just not legally generally considered murder. There are rare cases it is but generally it is not.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:30 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,968,141 times
Quote:
Do you let lawyers think for you?

How can you say it's a "personal" choice, and then defer your reasoning (and beliefs) to courts and lawyers?

Old 08-30-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
In the laws eyes, it is. RvW states that the state has an interest after viability. It's just not legally generally considered murder. There are rare cases it is but generally it is not.
Rare cases examples?

Old 08-30-2014, 07:48 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
When corrupt men make immoral laws to justify their deeds, it is hard as a nation to withstand the on slot of those choosing the same path.
Nothing less than the path of immorality leads to an unwanted pregnancy .
But you see all around the boundaries of morality being stomped on, even the president himself both personally and publicly aggressively determined to demolish the country and any thing representing a moral statement .
Common sense tells you that the spread of many decease have had their strength in immorality, yet men ignore this fact and pursue defiance with aggression.
I know men and women with the the attitude that they will do what they want, regardless of the law, moral or not, till some one stops them, fully believing that it is easier to get forgiveness then permission.
In the mean time abuse and damage are being done .

By the way a fetus DNA is nothing but human both from the father and the mother.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Rare cases examples?
Kermit Gosnell Found Guilty on Three First-Degree Murder Charges | LifeNews.com

Old 08-30-2014, 07:51 AM

Thanks - really interesting case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies