Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 04:55 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Actually, to thinking people, a measured, calculated, and well thought out foreign policy strategy is exactly what we want.

To devotees of George Walker Bush (see above), such a strategy is highly undesirable. They want someone who acts on what his "gut" tells him to do.

How'd that work out for ya with the last guy in the White House?
"Yeah But Bush" standard liberal whine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Why isn't the President adhering to the tried and true republican mantra when faced with a foreign policy dilemma ?

"When in doubt.
Run around,
scream and shout."

Instead, he shows up in a tan suit and tells everyone he's going to present all the facts to congress and see what they think about solutions, policy and funding before he acts.
What an evil, impetuous, despot.
In other words, stall in the hopes the problem will go away so he can concentrate on wrecking the economy some more.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
You left out some important facts. Bush set the timetable of our troop withdrawal before he left office. Unfortunately, he never negotiated a Status of Forces agreement with the al Maliki government.
If the president had kept troops in Iraq without a SOFA, republicans would be screaming bloody murder on how Obama isn't protecting our troops.

In essence, you are acknowledging that all the trillions Bush spent in Iraq was useless money and lives poured down the drain. As soon as we left(on Bush's timetable), the Maliki government disenfranchised all the Sunni and Kurdish political interests in the nation. He purged the Iraqi army of all Kurds and Sunnis and used it as oppressors against his own people. This is why Mosul fell so easy. There were no actual fighting troops in Mosul, only oppressors who kept the boot on the necks of the Sunni. They ran like cockroaches when the light is turned on as soon as the ISIS showed up.
Everyone seems to know this except you.
There is no SOFA for our sailors in a port visit in Singapore, or the UAE or Oman. SOFA is just an excuse.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I'm tired of being lied to. Blatantly lied to.

I can't keep my doctor and I can't keep my healthcare plan and it's not going to save me $2500 a year. Obama didn't learn about the VA scandal and Fast and Furious and the NSA spying by watching the evening news broadcasts. Stevens didn't die because of a video. Fort Hood wasn't work place violence. We're not being inundated with illegals because of poverty and violence down south. ISIS wasn't a JV team back in January. That chick from the IRS didn't actually crash her computer and if he had a son he wouldn't look like Treyvon.

I know our government lies to its people all the time. They did last year and they did 50 years ago. But these lies (HIS lies) have been coming so "fast and furiously", are so blatant, so easily disproved, so compoundingly exhausting to the morale of a nation, that I just want him gone. Maybe in a couple of years we'll find a better president than this awful president. Maybe we won't. But I just want Obamas' presidency to be over with.
Well said. My guess his narcissism has taken such a beating that he needs to prop himself up with a few rounds of golf or rather several hundred.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:18 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,928,690 times
The Obama way: If it benefits us, then he won't support it. If it destroys us, then he's all for it.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:01 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,761 times
Quote:
When you got nothing, just attack the individuals you are debating, with mindless blather and personal insult that has nothing to do with the subject matter.
Rule 6 of the tea party rules of discussion.
At least the Tea Party has rules, unlike you war mongering liberal Democrats. You just couldn't wait to put military boots on the ground and begin your bombing campaign in Iraq. Obama's New Iraqi War.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:13 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
Quote:
When you got nothing, just attack the individuals you are debating, with mindless blather and personal insult that has nothing to do with the subject matter.
Rule 6 of the tea party rules of discussion.
Sounds more like it's from Alinsky's rules......

Old 08-30-2014, 06:16 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I ordinarily don't read the Post but this article is on target.
He coulda made his speech much shorter and to the point:

'I dunno what we're gonna do. Hey, anybody seen my putter?'

Old 08-30-2014, 06:19 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,334,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Actually, to thinking people, a measured, calculated, and well thought out foreign policy strategy is exactly what we want.

To devotees of George Walker Bush (see above), such a strategy is highly undesirable. They want someone who acts on what his "gut" tells him to do.

How'd that work out for ya with the last guy in the White House?
Agree 100%. Good post.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:20 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,638,890 times
Quote:
Why isn't the President adhering to the tried and true republican mantra when faced with a foreign policy dilemma ?

"When in doubt.
Run around,
scream and shout."

Instead, he shows up in a tan suit and tells everyone he's going to present all the facts to congress and see what they think about solutions, policy and funding before he acts.
What an evil, impetuous, despot.
...or, to be more pricise, what an ignorant, corrupt, incompetent, f'ing fool....
followed by ignorant fools who still believe in his game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies