Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 10:29 PM

39,075 posts, read 51,205,311 times

Advertisements

It would help find old people who wander off. Maybe everyone over 65 should get chipped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 12:40 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
50 years ago there was a TV show called The Fugitive. It was about a guy wrongly accused of murder. He went on the lam wandering from town to town and changing his name and taking crap jobs to make ends meet. That was feasible 50 years ago.

I know I guy whose last name is the same as mine. He told me that he only had that name because 3 or 4 generations ago, some male relative in the military had killed an officer, gone on the lam, and adopted the new name. Once upon a time you were who you said you were, but no more.

The last time I went to renew my driver's license, a supposedly unpaid $70 fine from another state (Illinois, land of the felon gov) popped up. I believed that I had paid it, but who has payment records from 23 years ago, and they would not renew unless I paid. So I paid the $70, plus a $2.44 "processing fee."

There's gold in them thar bar codes, chips, and biometrics. It will be sold as a way to fight terrorism and illegal immigrations. Maybe it will be declined at first amid shouts of 'hell no.' But eventually it will happen. History shows it.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:23 AM

4,472 posts, read 3,823,457 times
No way. Although maybe it would be a good idea to put it on sex offenders or something.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:20 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
No way. Although maybe it would be a good idea to put it on sex offenders or something.
Or all prisioners.
And all people on food stamps
And politicians.
And people on tax payed healthcare
Oops, thats everyone

Well done sell outs

Old 09-02-2014, 06:38 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
I see a future where it will be required to work, shop, bank etc and the Neocon Globalists will say we have a choice not to wear it. We can starve.
This isn't as far fetched as it may sound to some people reading. As of now, we need a driver's license or photo ID, for things like employment Many states are now using biometrics technology such as facial recognition for their DMV photos. This has made many, including myself, uncomfortable. If people opt out they will be limited in many ways because a photo ID is required for so many things. What if chipping became the new photo ID? If so how would people opt out.

Groups: Calif. DMV snuck in biometrics for driver's licenses | Network World

Old 09-02-2014, 06:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
LOL, this is America, all the goDvernment has to do is give everyone that gets one an ipad or some such nonsense and the sheep will be lined up from one end of the country to the other to be inserted into the matrix....

Want a bet? Not this American. It will be over my dead body before I'm chipped.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:56 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
NO matter how you sugar coat it , I'm not taking the "beast mark."
Long before the 9/11 the push for the RFI chip had been going on ,and I knew then trouble was a foot.
Talk about identity theft , one throws away their humanity actually becoming a number in the system to be manipulated by the world bank.
A question to atheists ,
How is it possible that the scriptures predicted this event , a mark on the forehead or "IN" the hand? Revelation 13;16,17,
This book makes reference to the mark being "in" the hand not "on" the hand ,in contrast to "on" the forehead was specific .

Old 09-02-2014, 07:08 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Want a bet? Not this American. It will be over my dead body before I'm chipped.
Ahhh, we agree again. NOT gonna happen.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:12 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
I'm wondering what people think of the brain implants for things like depression and ALS. I'm betting a lot of the money raised by the "ice bucket challenge" went to this type of research. I wonder if the many people who've contributed to the campaign and doused themselves in ice water would like their money going this type of research.

For paralyzed veterans and people with ALS, new advances in robotics technology and brain research bring hope | Booz Allen Hamilton

Quote:
DARPA and its partner, University of Pittsburgh, with support from Booz Allen, have succeeded in helping patients achieve brain control over a robotic arm. Chips were implanted in patients’ brains that read signals directly from the motor cortex which is processed by a computer to drive a robotic arm. This technology could have major positive implications for people living with ALS.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:19 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I'm wondering what people think of the brain implants for things like depression and ALS. I'm betting a lot of the money raised by the "ice bucket challenge" went to this type of research. I wonder if the many people who've contributed to the campaign and doused themselves in ice water would like their money going this type of research.

For paralyzed veterans and people with ALS, new advances in robotics technology and brain research bring hope | Booz Allen Hamilton
Very different topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies