Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 10:28 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
So many posts about blacks or Hispanics. I get that the Ferguson incident is still fresh on the mind. But let it go. It's really sad how many racist people there are in this country.
What would you like CD to do?

Come up with a solution if you're upset with the current modus operandi.

Heck, become a Mod and wreak havoc on those that don't toe the racial party line as you see it.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:47 PM

16,550 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
So many posts about blacks or Hispanics. I get that the Ferguson incident is still fresh on the mind. But let it go. It's really sad how many racist people there are in this country.
Well your perception of what is racist and what others believe it to be are different. True racism gets diluted when any and everything related to race incorrectly is labeled as racist.

In answer to your question(though I disagree with your characterization) is that since Obama has become president, we have become more polarized on race than any other time in my life.
I'm sure a lot has to do with him injecting himself into almost every local issue that involved his and Holders "people". Whether it be starting out commenting on how the police "acted stupidly" when they arrested Gates, to saying Trayvon could be his son, etc. etc.

I would also note that each and every time he got involved, he always came down on the side of the blacks involved. That combined with Holder choosing not to prosecute blacks on certain things, but going after whites whenever a possible racial motive might be involved is another. Now it has been reported that Obama relies on Sharpton to be his point man on race related issues.
Let's face it, Obama is suppose to act like a POTUS, yet he sticks his nose into all sorts of non presidential things just because race is involved.

`

Old 08-30-2014, 10:51 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
These troll threads are getting ridiculous around here. It's no wonder there's never any serious discussion in this forum.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:54 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Well your perception of what is racist and what others believe it to be are different. True racism gets diluted when any and everything related to race incorrectly is labeled as racist.

In answer to your question(though I disagree with your characterization) is that since Obama has become president, we have become more polarized on race than any other time in my life.
I'm sure a lot has to do with him injecting himself into almost every local issue that involved his and Holders "people". Whether it be starting out commenting on how the police "acted stupidly" when they arrested Gates, to saying Trayvon could be his son, etc. etc.

I would also note that each and every time he got involved, he always came down on the side of the blacks involved. That combined with Holder choosing not to prosecute blacks on certain things, but going after whites whenever a possible racial motive might be involved is another. Now it has been reported that Obama relies on Sharpton to be his point man on race related issues.
Let's face it, Obama is suppose to act like a POTUS, yet he sticks his nose into all sorts of non presidential things just because race is involved.

`
That is NOT the only reason why the POTUS sticks his nose in issues. They are issues that are related to the current affairs of the country he runs.

He comments on plenty of other issues as well. Just recently he spoke on Robin Williams suicide. So why did he do that? Was race involved? Because Williams was a Jewish minority? No, because it's a current affair that has impacted millions in the country. Just like every other event he has spoke on.

And what he said about Trayvon looking like his son..really? Would his son not look like Trayvon? Would he look like Justin Bieber?

Old 08-30-2014, 10:58 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
When people have been rejected by friends, ignored by family, and coworkers complain enough to get these people removed from work...they come to the internet. It's the last refuge for the bigoted morons, conspiracy theorists, and cranks that still exist in society.
So which one are you?

Old 08-30-2014, 10:58 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
^ LOL! Nailed it.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:17 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,088 times
if im a troll, why would i troll about economic news, get 10 replies and under 100 views when i can create a thread about why do black people do blah blah blah and get 150 replies and 1,000 views.

trolls want attention because they get none in real life. which is why i dismiss half the white trolls on here as simply losers with no lives. id say maybe 5-10 percent of white trolls are legit, those whites are hopeless.

Last edited by gtc08; 08-30-2014 at 11:26 PM..

Old 08-30-2014, 11:47 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
What's wrong with being a community organizer? People keep bring this up like it's a bad thing. Honestly being able to organize at the grass roots level is a pretty good quality.
HaHaHaHaHa... The only thing in the State of Illinois that could be organized well was figuring out how to elect officials that would ultimately end up in prison. (And I say that as an ex-Illinois citizens for 45 years!)

Old 08-31-2014, 03:38 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
And actually, there are more white people on welfare than black people. So where did that assumption come from? They actually account for 69% of the welfare demographic.
No, there are not and they do not. Please stop spreading misinformation.
Quote:
"The margin between Caucasians and African-Americans who are on welfare is extremely narrow — 38.8 percent of Caucasians, and 39.8 percent of African-Americans are on welfare."
Poverty In America: Welfare Recipients « CBS News

Note, though, that CBS is actually misinterpreting the data they cite. Looking at the source CBS cited, the percentages aren't per race, they're the percentages of total welfare recipients by race:
http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

Either CBS journalists are not too bright, or they're deliberately misrepresenting the actual data.

That said, compare those percentages with the corresponding population percentages, and it's clear which group is disproportionately reaping the benefits of government welfare spending:

White: 62.6%
Black: 13.2%

USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Doing the math... (39.8/13.2) / (38.8/62.6) = 4.9

...a Black person is about 5 times more likely to receive welfare benefits than a White person.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 08-31-2014 at 03:54 AM..

Old 08-31-2014, 03:50 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Quote:
Well there is racist and then there is telling it like it is.

Silent Majority and all that despite the best marketing by media we are constantly bombarded with to be understanding towards the underclass.

Last edited by Felix C; 08-31-2014 at 04:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies