Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should black Americans have their own country?
Yes, that's a great idea 34 33.66%
No, are you crazy? 67 66.34%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 02:16 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,375,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I was one of the first in 1972 when I became a flight engineer for Delta.

I knew what I wanted to be at a very young age.
It took years of self sacrifice, (Not hanging around, smoking dope with my 'buddies,' going to school everyday and working to put myself through aviation classes).

There was No One, other than myself to stop me from achieving my goals and it is the same today!

No one is stopping a black man (or woman) from pursuing their goal .. No One except themselves!

That is the number one problem with blacks today .. education, education and self responsibility!

I did it in a time when it was unheard of (black pilots) .. there are No Excuses for not succeeding today!

(Problem is .. It's too easy blaming others 'racism' for our failures!)

Go To School, Get An Education
Please spare use your typical conservative boot-strap story.

This has nothing to do with the structural discrimination black males face in this country. Don't skirt around the issues.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:17 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,816,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Please spare use your typical conservative boot-strap story.

This has nothing to do with the structural discrimination black males face in this country. Don't skirt around the issues.
Oh gee .. another poster with a favorites whine folder that can copy and paste his disapproval of critical thinking and helpful suggestions.

"Everything is discrimination .. structural discrimination, no less!"

I'm gonna rob and steal my way to success!
(Have I gotten it right?)

Old 08-31-2014, 03:28 PM

9,888 posts, read 9,507,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
Do you think black people in America would be better off if they had their own country where they could make their own laws and not be oppressed by whites? Obviously it probably wouldn't be physically continguous, but what if the parts of the US that were say more than 80 percent black became sovereign nations? Living in "Afroamerica" would be totally optional of course, and white people would be allowed to live there as long as they recognized their privilege and didn't participate in politics or run for office.

Like the Indian Reservations there would be free travel into and out of Afroamerica and large areas of corporate owned Midwestern and Southern farmland would be part of the new country since obviously they couldn't thrive with just urban areas alone. Unlike the Indian reservations though Afroamerica would be fully sovereign and would have a seat in the UN.
That is why Liberia, in Africa, began. They wanted their own country.

apparently it is now disintigrated into now a horrible place to live, and now Ebola is real bad there.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:29 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,866,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Black Americans do have their own country, it's called America!!!
BINGO! ^^^^^^^ That is all that needs to be said.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:23 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,473,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
So... be boring?

If people's life goals are simply to 'compete in the market' then I have to agree with those who say the public school system is a failure. I don't consider doing what everyone else does to be success.

As for quit whining... yeah, that's a good one. Well, if you're gonna whine, create a concrete goal and a way to achieve it. Whine proactively. That goes for everyone though. From my personal experience, white people have been far more guilty of just complaining than any other group I have ever seen.
That's weird. I could have sworn that most all of the whining and complaining and cries of "victim" and playing the race card, looting and rioting, came from the Black population. I do know most violent crimes are committed by Blacks.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:24 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,473,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
That is why Liberia, in Africa, began. They wanted their own country.

apparently it is now disintigrated into now a horrible place to live, and now Ebola is real bad there.
Detroit was/is their country. Look at Detroit.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:07 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,341,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post

Obviously these would be the chosen individuals to run the successful city.

I liked where you were originally going but then you went waaaay right with this comment.
i was referring the hundred and hundred of local citizens that would have to toe the line, create churches, mom and pop store, behave themselves observed the laws. the local average citizen that can drive a city into the ground, you know like those riots in mo. everyday citizen that have no pride in their community

Old 08-31-2014, 05:30 PM

15,068 posts, read 6,118,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
It is a fact that there are very few Black pilots, especially jet fighter pilots. You didn't disprove what was said. Blacks are underrepresented in all the STEM fields and any profession that requires rigorous study. If you have actual facts to refute that, then go ahead and post them.
Don't run from your ignorance now. The point is that "black" engineers and pilots exist. Yet instead of being grateful for his service to this country, you make sure to remind his father that there aren't many like him. Sounds like you're angry that you can't place him and everyone else in your little box, and that he will likely run circles around you in terms of intelligence.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:33 PM

28,572 posts, read 18,607,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyThere1 View Post
There are many people who feel this way but choose to hide it in real life. Go to Reddit and you will see how people really feel about blacks. Go to dating sites as well like Tinder and OkCupid to see that blacks are not in high demand. The average american suppresses their true feelings to avoid public shaming so the internet offers a way to say things you can't in public.
So, wait...then blacks who say the average white is racist are right?

Old 08-31-2014, 05:38 PM

28,572 posts, read 18,607,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
It is a fact that there are very few Black pilots, especially jet fighter pilots. You didn't disprove what was said. Blacks are underrepresented in all the STEM fields and any profession that requires rigorous study. If you have actual facts to refute that, then go ahead and post them.
So does that mean those who are in those fields should be ignored? What's the point of a white person pinning down a black fighter pilot, telling him what blacks need to do to succeed, and expect him not to be annoyed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies