Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should black Americans have their own country?
Yes, that's a great idea 34 33.66%
No, are you crazy? 67 66.34%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 02:27 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Or, zoning.

Make it very expensive.
Except for one thing: People can still move out there. If you have the money, or if you can get the money together, anyone move out there.

Old 09-02-2014, 02:32 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Self Isolation is a prerogative and even though it creates an 'Us versus them environment' there's nothing you can do to force people to live together. An 'Us versus them environment' really doesn't benefit the population as a whole since we are not using the 'Brain power' of our entire citizenship. The time, effort, and energy used in keeping yourself separated from 'Others' is truly a waste.
I was trying to argue that you cannot forcefully separate people anymore.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:13 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was trying to argue that you cannot forcefully separate people anymore.
I wasn't disagreeing just spring boarding off your comments.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:48 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
If that's the attitude you have toward "blacks" based on a few decades and you refuse to see them as individuals, then you must believe all whites are going straight to hell for the mass murder, rape and theivery they committed worldwide...for hundreds of years. And just as much, for the perversion of Christianity.
I never said that whites weren't violent in the past, but why don't you mention that practically every race/ethnicity was violent in the past as well? The difference is that now most people are relatively peaceful and civilized around the world except for the parts inhabited by blacks and Muslims.

The point is you CAN see blacks as individuals, but that doesn't change that fact that in general blacks are far more violent and criminal than anyone else on a day to day basis. And this doesn't apply only to blacks in the US, but to blacks ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD where there is a significant number of them. There is almost literally not one place on earth where you can find a couple of hundred thousand blacks or more that live in peace and have low crime rates. If there is such a place please tell me where.

On the otherhand, practically every place that has a significant asian population in the world, those people are extremely peaceful and have very low crime rates. If you can find a place where this isn't true, please let me know as well. So we see that blacks in general are violent and asians in general are peaceful. This is why generalizations exist and why they're often accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
this is an all new low for racists.

seriously - why don't all of you start your own country. your flag can be a white hood with the swastika on the foreground.
If us 'racists' do that, will blacks promise never to move to this new country and mess up our homes and businesses again and cause crime and murder? Will they promise to just leave us alone so that we can finally have a country that has low crime and murder rates just like every other 1st world nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
So if blacks were given autonomous areas, such as Indian reservations have, would they be better off? If so, then it would prove the race merchants like Sharpton correct. However if they were to struggle to the same or greater degree, then it would put all the nonsense to rest once and for all.

At least that is my take on this thread.
I think everyone already knows the answer to this question. Namely whatever area you give them would turn into Detroit, just many times larger and probably even more violent since so many blacks concentrated in one area is never a good thing.

Seriously you can literally give blacks Tokyo city along with all the knowledge and resources to run that metropolis and within a few short years they would turn even such a great city as that into a violent craphole.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:21 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
I never said that whites weren't violent in the past, but why don't you mention that practically every race/ethnicity was violent in the past as well? The difference is that now most people are relatively peaceful and civilized around the world except for the parts inhabited by blacks and Muslims.

The point is you CAN see blacks as individuals, but that doesn't change that fact that in general blacks are far more violent and criminal than anyone else on a day to day basis. And this doesn't apply only to blacks in the US, but to blacks ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD where there is a significant number of them. There is almost literally not one place on earth where you can find a couple of hundred thousand blacks or more that live in peace and have low crime rates. If there is such a place please tell me where.

On the otherhand, practically every place that has a significant asian population in the world, those people are extremely peaceful and have very low crime rates. If you can find a place where this isn't true, please let me know as well. So we see that blacks in general are violent and asians in general are peaceful. This is why generalizations exist and why they're often accurate.
It is you who fails to see that humanity can be violent, no matter what area of the world they originate. Modern ideas of race are recent European ideas for poor purposes, but we will discuss the actions of individuals from different regions. As for Europeans, Europeans and their descendants left virtually nowhere untouched with their violence. African peoples and others have yet to even touch the levels of violence that Europeans and their descendants inflicted on people across the world.

To be clear, Africans and African descendants are the peoples about whom you are speaking. There is really no such grouping as "blacks" by the way. There are Africans and African descendants. "Black" was terms used for mass grouping of diverse peoples that Europeans and their descendants wanted to easily target for violence and overall subjugation. Unfortunately, it became normalized.

The Middle East is in Asia, so violence can certainly be found in Asia. There are atrocities from West to East Asia. Islam is a world religion. Do you not grasp that Africans can be Muslims as can Asians? Much of the issues in both regions involve issues between Muslims and non-Muslims.

Anyway, a number of nations in Central and South America where the peoples are largely descendants of Europeans and Amerindians have the highest murder rates in the world. So your statement that now most people are relatively peaceful and civilized around the world except for the parts inhabited by blacks and Muslims is dead wrong. Despite violence being a problem in many African nations and other primarily African descended nations, not sure how you are making the claims above. El Salvador's murder rate is about twice times that of South Africa. Let's not even talk about Honduras...

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 09-03-2014 at 12:39 PM..

Old 09-03-2014, 12:48 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post

If us 'racists' do that, will blacks promise never to move to this new country and mess up our homes and businesses again and cause crime and murder? Will they promise to just leave us alone so that we can finally have a country that has low crime and murder rates just like every other 1st world nation?

I think everyone already knows the answer to this question. Namely whatever area you give them would turn into Detroit, just many times larger and probably even more violent since so many blacks concentrated in one area is never a good thing.

Seriously you can literally give blacks Tokyo city along with all the knowledge and resources to run that metropolis and within a few short years they would turn even such a great city as that into a violent craphole.

Do you have any statistics to back this up? Or is this just racist dribble. I read that Latin America has the world's highest crime rates. Also, Pakistan, India, etc all have high crime rates and are in ASIA. Crime is high in the black community in the US primarily because blacks never got a good start in this country. It's like expecting a child raised in a home of dysfunction to magically turn out perfect.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Do you have any statistics to back this up? Or is this just racist dribble. I read that Latin America has the world's highest crime rates. Also, Pakistan, India, etc all have high crime rates and are in ASIA. Crime is high in the black community in the US primarily because blacks never got a good start in this country. It's like expecting a child raised in a home of dysfunction to magically turn out perfect.
"Do you have any statistics to back this up? Or is this just racist."
Looks like the bottom 10 is split between the Middle East and Africa. China, Cambodia and Vietnam have or have had been very bad. Botswana and Mauritius are 24 and 36 so they are doing good.

Global Peace Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"It's like expecting a child raised in a home of dysfunction to magically turn out perfect"
How to fix that is the million dollar question.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:35 PM

2,417 posts, read 1,448,686 times
Originally I think president Lincoln wanted to move all black people back to Africa because he thought there was no way black and white people could live together in harmony. However he abandoned that idea due to opposition. I often wondered what life would have been like if black people were set free and then forced back to Africa. Certainly we know some black people did leave for Liberia, though they were tricked about the abundance of the land. Yet after while a lot of the people there decided to stay in Liberia. Ultimately today, we know what became of that place. So if you shipped 5 million plus people back to Africa, would they have met the same fate?

Old 09-03-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Originally I think president Lincoln wanted to move all black people back to Africa because he thought there was no way black and white people could live together in harmony. However he abandoned that idea due to opposition. I often wondered what life would have been like if black people were set free and then forced back to Africa. Certainly we know some black people did leave for Liberia, though they were tricked about the abundance of the land. Yet after while a lot of the people there decided to stay in Liberia. Ultimately today, we know what became of that place. So if you shipped 5 million plus people back to Africa, would they have met the same fate?
Well, I can Guarantee that 10% of the White, Black and other population can not get along and therefore we would be better off without all of them. Getting rid of these people would go a long way in making things better for the other 90% of us.

Old 09-03-2014, 02:33 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Africa is not full of "black" people, but rather people of numerous cultures/ethnicities and religions. The problem is that those ignorant Europeans and their descendants forced a mass color label on diverse peoples and separated, beat and even killed them for speaking their languages and maintaining their ethnic identities.

So exactly where in Africa would the people go? African descendants in the U.S. and the Americas in general are completely displaced peoples, with the exception of a small recently immigrated minority. Back then and now, it would have far better for Europeans to go back to Europe since they speak a European language, still have European names and knowledge of their origins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies