Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should black Americans have their own country?
Yes, that's a great idea 34 33.66%
No, are you crazy? 67 66.34%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 10:27 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,106,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Are you not able to even have a discussion without making assumptions about my personal life? Your approach is shallow and worse, all your assumptions are wrong.

Resources - There is this pathetic idea that somehow Whites have just hoarded the good schools and the good businesses and good jobs. This completely overlooks the fact that all those things are creations, not "resources." Black areas tend to have high crime rates and low social trust, which is the reason that property values are lower, that there's less tax revenue for schools and that businesses avoid these areas.

And it's not simply an issue of poverty. There are countless areas across America that were once thriving communities with high home values and good schools that have gone downhill since Blacks became the majority. Blacks brought poverty to those areas because of the crime and dysfunction that followed them.

And Blacks don't have to move away from their homes to escape White oppression. They can just stay where they are and the Whites will move away. But Blacks keep following Whites to their communities. Why would this even happen if Whites were so oppressive to Blacks? I already know the answer, but I'm sure you have your ideas.
What assumptions would those be Supachai? I obliterated your argument, asked you to substantiate a couple specific claims, and you responded with generalizations and rhetoric. Now on to your claim that “blacks” somehow brought poverty to countless metro areas. That statement is pretty ridiculous but I’ll play along. Do you even understand the decline of once great cities like Detroit for example? Is it more likely that jobs moved away over people moving there without jobs and seeking public assistance? Your claim that blacks imported poverty would suggest the latter. Do you see how ridiculous this stance is starting to sound?

Now on to your statement that, “Blacks keep following Whites to their communities”. Truth be told, blacks as well as others have to right to move to and live wherever they want to. It might upset the manifest destiny believing white supremacists that everything on this land as far as the eye can see doesn’t belong to them but it’s the reality. It blacks want to live in Miami they can, if blacks want to live in Los Angeles they can, if blacks want to live on your block they can as well. People tend to move to the areas that is best for their families, not solely to live next to white folk. And since America is a free nation they can…

Old 08-31-2014, 10:48 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,072,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
One choice missing.

They already do. Its called Africa.
Africa is a continent, which is nothing more than a geological expression.

The fact is, everyone has a right to live in America if they want to. The only requirement is that they abide by their laws, and if they do not like those laws, they must fight them, if they so choose, in a way that would be deemed acceptable, as in the form of protest, petition, or any variety of political action. Any notion that an individual race should or be expected to leave or form their own country is a reactionary stance to social issues that we are currently facing.

Statistically, black people are more likely to have a lot of negative issues on their shoulders. Understand that this is not a biological trait, and is therefore not something we should be forced to just accept. Any negative issues that plagues the majority of any individual race is the result of societal conditioning. Black Americans have a dark history in our country. They were uprooted from their ancestral homes against their will, sold a property, used for free manual labor, and once they were freed, they were subject to hash laws designed to divide people based on appearance (Jim Crow laws). Throughout the 20th century (as well as late 19th century) they have fought to achieve their rights, but understand that the ghost of such a society still haunts the black community, as well as the white.

While I personally find the notion of 'white guilt' to be silly, as the vast majority of Americans, or at least the work force, who are white did not condone, support, or enforce any racist law and many are quite opposed to it now. White people don't owe black people anything anymore. With that said, we still view race as an important factor. The concept of race, in the grand scheme of things, is a fairly modern invention. The missionaries who set out into the world did not even view the difference in skin color as an issue (they did view the lack of Jesus to be a problem); most even saw something quite beautiful or spectacular in the different races. Columbus even went so far to describe the Native Americans as the most beautiful people he'd ever seen. It wasn't initial appearance that caused racism, it was greed. When the white settlers realized they could use their industrial superiority to take advancement of native cultures, it allowed slavery or genocide to take place. This evolved over the years to become a problem that would define western society even after the need for land or labor became less of an issue.

The only way we can 'solve racism' is to correct the mistakes of our distant ancestors and recognize race as a make believe concept. It's based on appearance. If we know there's no scientific reason to view blondes as less intelligent than brunettes, then we should also know the same for pigment of skin. There's is nothing inherently more intelligent or athletic about a race. Until we ingrain that into our minds, radical views such as 'going back to where they came form' or the creation of a separate country will still be viewed as practical, despite being far from it.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:52 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,817,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
It is a fact that there are very few Black pilots, especially jet fighter pilots. You didn't disprove what was said. Blacks are underrepresented in all the STEM fields and any profession that requires rigorous study. If you have actual facts to refute that, then go ahead and post them.
I was one of the first in 1972 when I became a flight engineer for Delta.

I knew what I wanted to be at a very young age.
It took years of self sacrifice, (Not hanging around, smoking dope with my 'buddies,' going to school everyday and working to put myself through aviation classes).

There was No One, other than myself to stop me from achieving my goals and it is the same today!

No one is stopping a black man (or woman) from pursuing their goal .. No One except themselves!

That is the number one problem with blacks today .. education, education and self responsibility!

I did it in a time when it was unheard of (black pilots) .. there are No Excuses for not succeeding today!

(Problem is .. It's too easy blaming others 'racism' for our failures!)

Go To School, Get An Education

Last edited by MrClose; 08-31-2014 at 11:31 AM..

Old 08-31-2014, 11:04 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,603,726 times
Afroamerica

LOL, this reminded me of when blacks were referred to Afroamericans. I haven't heard that term in years.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:23 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,972,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
They've had them for decades.

Detroit, Newark, Southside Chicago, Camden, Gary, Baltimore and a few more.

They run about as well as you'd expect.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but those are cities. Cities that were first occupied by other ethnic group "ghetto" immigrants that decided to leave them "as is" when black people moved in.

Isn't it funny how white people think blacks started ghettos and are ghetto. Wasn't it an Italian thing first?

EDIT: Actually it was a German and Irish thing. My mistake.

Old 08-31-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Afroamerica

LOL, this reminded me of when blacks were referred to Afroamericans. I haven't heard that term in years.
I hear it all the time .. everywhere?

Old 08-31-2014, 11:34 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,072,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but those are cities. Cities that were first occupied by other ethnic group "ghetto" immigrants that decided to leave them "as is" when black people moved in.

Isn't it funny how white people think blacks started ghettos and are ghetto. Wasn't it an Italian thing first?

EDIT: Actually it was a German and Irish thing. My mistake.
The history of Irish immigrants in America is a fascinating spectacle and acts as irrefutable evidence that the notion of race is completely man made. Irish Americans were viewed as among the lowest class in America. Just look at this comic "depicting" Irish Americans:

Catholics were viewed in a similar way as well. And just for fun, I believe it was Thomas Jefferson believe that Islam was a fascinated religion as thought Muslims should be held to equal esteem as Christian Americans.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
The history of Irish immigrants in America is a fascinating spectacle and acts as irrefutable evidence that the notion of race is completely man made. Irish Americans were viewed as among the lowest class in America. Just look at this comic "depicting" Irish Americans:
They were also America's first slaves.

The Irish Slave Trade

Old 08-31-2014, 12:37 PM

30,576 posts, read 21,751,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Just reading the title of this thread I knew it was going to trigger racist responses... On a personal note as a Black American I'm willing to wage that my education level and position in the "marketplace" is competitive against most other people at my career level and expertise.

That said, America belongs to all Americans. Not just conservatives with a chip on their shoulders. People with an ax to grind should handle themselves appropriately when addressing their grievances ...
"Just reading the title of this thread I knew it was going to trigger racist responses."
I'm sure the types that would like this idea would mainly be 'Racist non-blacks', 'Farrakhan supporters types', and people who are just sick of the divide and think this is a logical direction.

That being said, what benefits any part of our population benefits the whole, black or otherwise-Brain power is brain power. I work with too many extremely bright black, mixed and others to want to lose them to a separate country. If a young person has the aptitude in a certain field he/she should get a free education. We end up better all the way around.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:40 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,138,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I was one of the first in 1972 when I became a flight engineer for Delta.

I knew what I wanted to be at a very young age.
It took years of self sacrifice, (Not hanging around, smoking dope with my 'buddies,' going to school everyday and working to put myself through aviation classes).

There was No One, other than myself to stop me from achieving my goals and it is the same today!

No one is stopping a black man (or woman) from pursuing their goal .. No One except themselves!

That is the number one problem with blacks today .. education, education and self responsibility!

I did it in a time when it was unheard of (black pilots) .. there are No Excuses for not succeeding today!

(Problem is .. It's too easy blaming others 'racism' for our failures!)

Go To School, Get An Education
Hurray!! Someone who is saying exactly what I have been saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies