Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 12:54 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I keep being underwhelmed with Ted Cruz. Dude has no good ideas.

We just fought a ground war in Iraq for 8yrs. We dropped plenty if bombs on Iraq since the 1990's.

If dropping bombs would have solved things.........

Not only that what did we get for our invasion of Iraq? We get The creation of ISIL. Which conservatives say now means we have to do some more of that War in Iraq thing cause it work out so well

Yeah let's do some more of that.
Keep them scurrying for cover. They show their head, you blow it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 12:57 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Right now the biggest problem and threat is ISIS, and Ted Cruz is right. Obama hasn't done nearly enough, and he has wasted time in dealing with this group. It's time for a real bombing campaign such as "carpet bombing." And, frankly a "nuke" might be the only answer.

These people need to be taught a lesson they will never forget.
Carpet bombing means wiping out a town or city and all it inhabitants - friend and foe. ISIS isn't conveniently sitting out in an isolated camp in the middle of the desert.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:01 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Keep them scurrying for cover. They show their head, you blow it off.
Yep, sure that's working out great. We have been dropping so many bombs. We have had drone strikes fought a war invaded two nations.

And yet do the people who swear this stuff will make us safer feel any safer?

Nope things in their eyes things have not improved one bit. In fact it might be worse than ever.

After all that killing bomb dropping drone strikes, torture, Gitmo, and fighting a war and invading two nations, these people probably feel less safe then before.

But hey let's keep doing what isn't working.

We arm the mujahideen we get the Taliban and al Qeada.

We invade Iraq we get ISIL.

Yeah let's keep doing those same things.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:10 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yep, sure that's working out great. We have been dropping so many bombs. We have had drone strikes fought a war invaded two nations.

And yet do the people who swear this stuff will make us safer feel any safer?

Nope things in their eyes things have not improved one bit. In fact it might be worse than ever.

After all that killing bomb dropping drone strikes, torture, Gitmo, and fighting a war and invading two nations, these people probably feel less safe then before.

But hey let's keep doing what isn't working.

We arm the mujahideen we get the Taliban and al Qeada.

Yeah let's keep doing those same things.
It's the La-Z-Boy warrior plan :

READY!

FIRE!

AIM?

Old 08-31-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's the La-Z-Boy warrior plan :

READY!

FIRE!

AIM?
Yeah, the utter and complete failure of this strategy to accomplish anything yet it remains popular particularly with conservatives.

I keep writing this cause it's true. We arm the mujahideen we get the Taliban and Al Qeada.

Why do these idiots keep wanting to repeat the same epically bad mistakes.

We have been bombing Iraq for 2 decades. I was in freaking high school when Poppa Bush freed Kuwait by attacking Iraq in 1990 or 1991. And it's been bombing basically nonstop since in Iraq, but some more bombs will do what all the 2 decades worth of bombing didn't do.

Any child born in Iraq after 1990 has never known a time when America wasn't dropping bombs in Iraq.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:23 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Seriously, a nuke? I'm glad people that think like this aren't in charge of anything right now...
Well if we nuke them, in 30 years we will be selling their automobiles. Oops! the ME holds grudges unlike some other cultures, so in the year 3014 they will still be at our throats. Your choice.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:24 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
I don't normally agree with Cruz on anything but he's right on this. Something needs to be done about ISIS. The US has, very unwisely, been empire-building in the Middle East for decades and that's a box that can't be closed now.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:24 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Back? I think bombing them to the stone age would actually advance them - sociologically, if not technologically. These people are so barbaric I think the stone age would be an improvement.
I thought Libertarians were anti-war? Oh, guess not. Well, I knew that, anyway. Never trust a "Libertarian" politician or lobbyist

Old 08-31-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I don't normally agree with Cruz on anything but he's right on this. Something needs to be done about ISIS. The US has, very unwisely, been empire-building in the Middle East for decades and that's a box that can't be closed now.
We have been bombing Iraq since like 1990. Am I living in an alternate reality?

What Ted Cruz wants has been policy since 1990. All those bombs hasn't managed to solve anything.

In fact, we invaded Iraq and that invasion directly lead to the creation of ISIL.

So all America got out of invading Iraq is a destabilized Iraq, a destabilized Syria, a strengthened Iran, huge plies of money spent, 100's of thousands dead or wounded Iraqis, 10's of thousands dead or wounded American soldiers, and ISIL

Yet we should do some more stuff in Iraq.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:35 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Seriously, a nuke?
Just two bombs were all it took to change Japan from a feudal militarist state, lead by a divine emperor who was a direct descendant of the sun god, into a modern democratic state and one of the worlds leading industrial nations.

It might take four or five to fix the Muslims.

Last edited by Fat Freddy; 08-31-2014 at 02:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies