Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 06:42 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,222 times

Advertisements

Die off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
What do you think Republicans need to do to not alienate people? Can you answer this question without saying "change their policies?" In other words, do they just need to accept that being Republican is just out of date and that Democrats are the popular party?

My ideas are:

1. Say nothing about race and how people are different: Miranda rights sometimes need to be read to Republicans
2. Ditch the Good Ole Boy clubs: Stop using old White men that all are friends and are out of touch with the common people
3. Condemn the actions of racist people that support the Republican Party
4. Be consistent to less intrusive government: Don't pass legislation that is "for the common good" and "protects people from themselves" like forcing longer divorce proceedings or marijuana criminalization
5. Tell better stories: The Democrats love tugging at the heartstrings, whereas Republicans always try and use logic and the deficit to try and prove their point. Start demonizing the opposing party like they always do to you.
6. Be quick to point out Democrat hypocrisy when NOT telling stories: Logic has its place. Put Dems in theirs when they dig themselves into a hole. Also on this, make sure Democrats realize that many of their attacks (like calling you racist when you did nothing) are fallacious and distract from the main point.
7. Stop being intimidated: Democrats are known for yelling loudly and proclaiming how much they are right. Republicans these days tend to just shut up and hope for the best. Sometimes I feel like Republicans just want to keep their jobs rather than serve the people.

That's it for my ideas. What are yours? The challenge here is try not to make it so that the Republicans have to do a complete ideological 180 and just agree to do everything Democrats say. I will add one more: stop fighting gay marriage. It's just not worth the fight and hurts no one.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:45 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
I think if they acted like they were representing everyone instead of just the people paying them money, or voting them in that they would do much better.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:49 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
That is the only card they have left to play, The Neanderthals is running scared to the extinction of their ideology.

We can all agree the Apollo Project was great.

Having schools were kids learned and not indoctrinated was great.

Having real muscle cars for a cheap price was great.

Having a National Culture was great.

Not having alphabet agencies regulate life and business into the ground was great.

Not having to worry about someone suing you for nothing was great.

Having the ability to buy a cheap machine gun that was newly made was great.

Having sound money and coin back by gold and minted in sliver was great.

Alot of great things but they can not compete so they must play the race and shame card...The only tool they have left which is all be worn out.
I know, however I am not without criticism for Republicans either. I am not here to defend them. Can't help but see hypocrisy by some of the left leaning posters though, as they dig in and insult and accuse when they should stop and reflect on themselves instead.

Meh the country will implode anyway one way or another anyway. One day there will be more takers than makers and the makers left won't want to bother anymore and the house of cards will come crumbling down, no money left to pay for welfare, or "wars on", or free healthcare, or subsidies for abortion and housing and then the illegals will go back home because there is nothing left to milk, the few rich will wall themselves in and the rest who have guns will survive and those without won't.

Old 09-30-2014, 06:59 PM

433 posts, read 290,706 times
Do not allow Amnesty, 80% of them will not vote for us, we do not need to be swamped with 30,000,000 new entitlement voters.

Secure the border with a double fence, have it patrolled.

End Birthright citizenship for those born to illegal parents.

Punish those that overstay their visas4.

Cap legal immigration at 200,000 new people every year, stop suppressing the wages of American workers by adding 1,1,000,000 new people every year while our under and unemployment rate is so high.

School Choice/School Vouchers/Charter Schools, stop sending kids to a failed system of government run schools.

Restore the value of money by backing it with Sliver and Gold.

Flat tax, 5% and no higher, Abolish the IRS and its abusive actions.

Restore 10th Amendment and left states decide for themselves.

Restore the 2nd Amendment end the federal and state laws that do nothing but turn law abiding persons into criminals based on the ignorance of power mad elected officials that violate the 2nd Amendment.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:02 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Lets emphasize that one , what exactly does that mean? Does it mean not talk about it at all? Bill Maher is right about it and you are wrong...

Bill Maher on the difference between Islam and Christianity.
it means stop discussing illegals and Muslims with racism and xenophobia. It's not a trick.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I know, however I am not without criticism for Republicans either. I am not here to defend them. Can't help but see hypocrisy by some of the left leaning posters though, as they dig in and insult and accuse when they should stop and reflect on themselves instead.

Meh the country will implode anyway one way or another anyway. One day there will be more takers than makers and the makers left won't want to bother anymore and the house of cards will come crumbling down, no money left to pay for welfare, or "wars on", or free healthcare, or subsidies for abortion and housing and then the illegals will go back home because there is nothing left to milk, the few rich will wall themselves in and the rest who have guns will survive and those without won't.
Nor am it, but they are nothing more the living hypocrisy...They end is upon them.

The best part about this implosion is the statist will be seen for what they are, tyrants, they will be taken down by us Patriots and we will rebuild and restore the republic to its former glory..And this time they will not stop us..

Old 09-30-2014, 07:05 PM

Just remember people the democrats are for the everyday working people and the republicans are for the evil rich white people lol........

The founders were just evil white guys who didn't want to pay their fair share in taxes........

Old 09-30-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
it means stop discussing illegals and Muslims with racism and xenophobia. It's not a trick.
See the thing is you call facts, stats, and basic observations "racism" and "xenophobia"..So you want us to stop saying what is true.

Sorry we can not and will not do that..Your name calling of and to reality does not change reality.

Last edited by Liberty Above All Else; 09-30-2014 at 08:03 PM..

Old 09-30-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
Nor am it, but they are nothing more the living hypocrisy...They end is upon them.

The best part about this implosion is the statist will be seen for what they are, tyrants, they will be taken down by us Patriots and we will rebuild and restore the republic to its former glory..And this time they will not stop us..
In other words another Venezuela though hard to fight back when your savior Chavez or his bus driver disarms you while arming himself and his loyalists.

Just give it 6 months of EBT cards not working and you'll fires in the sky and masses running amok.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
In other words another Venezuela though hard to fight back when your savior Chavez or his bus driver disarms you while arming himself and his loyalists.

Just give it 6 months of EBT cards not working and you'll fires in the sky and masses running amok.
Yeah they are not Americans..We are not them, Any would be Tyrant trys that, a good change some of the brass will turn on them and use a Stealth missile them.

Plus you have 25,000,000 vets and 150,000,000 Gun Owners, plus 70% of the armed forces on our side..They want a fight, lets get it on, should the cross the line the asses are mine(ours but that does not rhym ).

Last edited by Liberty Above All Else; 09-30-2014 at 07:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies