Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:15 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Quick, man the lifeboats and start taxing everyone!

So now a local phenomenon is has global ramifications?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You know what? You are wrong... Sea Level Trends - NOAA Tides & Currents

OK, I see the big black ones around Alaska and Northern Canada.

Does that mean the Polar Bears will have ice sheets now?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Good information, and I believe that the Daily Mail is owned outright by Rupert Murdoch, or an Australian private equity group (CHAMP) that he has holdings in (likely majority)

We all know that FOX is the number one science denier in the mainstream media and more responsible for the Dumbing Down of America than any other media outlet.

Nice blog BTW, saving that reference.

Blogs are now OK?

So hard to keep current on the rule changes.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That's because climate change continues to heat the planet and new records are set every year. Just this past May that month was the warmest May in world history. Every year has a similar story, to say nothing of extreme weather events that are commonplace every year. Extended droughts in one region of the world means excessive rainfall in another.

Yea, the Antarctic is experiencing rapid sea ice loss, and every other story on climate change in the U.S. gets buried by an entire political party on the take from the richest industry in the world, and a corporate mainstream media who is also sucking up the cash to dilute and bury the message.

Then you have the FOX News carnival barkers and Rush Limbaugh's, which is where most of our resident wingnuts get their information from. Sean Hannity is the expert to these twits.

GHCN v3 is bull ****!

Old 09-02-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Really? How long was ago was that?....During the dino age, long before humans evolved perhaps?

What difference does it make?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:57 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I'm just a messenger. Here is a quote from the article I cited in the OP:

You can either accept it or not. I did not write the story. If you are truly interested in the issue you read all links and articles whether it supports your position or not. I do. I just find evidence of AGW more compelling.
The trick is, measuring all the way back to "Silent Spring", these people have NEVER been right. Not one time has Al Gore and his collection of misfit liars and frauds been right about anything.

Not one single filthy time have they been right but they proceed on with their lies and their scams because it was never about the weather but all about "control".

Researchers Find Major West Antarctic Glacier Melting from Geothermal Sources

June 10, 2014

AUSTIN, Texas — Thwaites Glacier, the large, rapidly changing outlet of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet, is not only being eroded by the ocean, it’s being melted from below by geothermal heat, researchers at the Institute for Geophysics at The University of Texas at Austin (UTIG) report in the current edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The findings significantly change the understanding of conditions beneath the West Antarctic Ice Sheet where accurate information has previously been unobtainable.

snip

Old 09-02-2014, 11:45 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Sea levels are surging in Anarctica as its ice sheets continue to melt. Just more evidence in an ocean of evidence of the impact of AGW on the planet.

Sea-level surge at Antarctica linked to icesheet loss
To take a page from the book of that noted Bishop of AGW Mr Sanspeur of Canada, get back to me when the sea levels reach those of the Eocene.

FYI Sea Level History 250 Million Years

Old 09-02-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I saw this article this morning and couldn't wait to get over here to see which clown would try to use it as proof of human caused global warming.
you mean there are more than one?

Old 09-02-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
The Daily Mail and Mail Online are to scientific accuracy what a sledgehammer is to an egg. Especially when it comes to global warming.
Instead we should rely upon the folks at SkepticalScience.com, because, after all, they are all climatologists and present only the results of peer reviewed papers. Like the 250 trillion joules four Hiroshimas a second settled science.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:03 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
To take a page from the book of that noted Bishop of AGW Mr Sanspeur of Canada, get back to me when the sea levels reach those of the Eocene.

FYI Sea Level History 250 Million Years
Sorry, but the word of one who believes he will live forever has no credibility to me..... In any case today is not the age of dinosaurs, and so has no relevance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies