Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 04:11 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,542,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
President Obama is going to go about this intelligently and wisely. That last thing we need is another 13 year war like Bush started that only bankrupted the US and destabilized Iraq thereby giving extremists such as ISIS an opportunity. Do you think we would have ISIS if Saddam were still there?

We saw what the Bush doctrine accomplished. Now lets get ISIS like Obama got Bin Laden- surgical precision with zero collateral damage.
Hello? ISIS was created by Obama trying to depose Assad.

Buy a clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 04:14 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,155,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post

Buy a clue.
Your point is...? We should ignore ISIS? Or are you one of those tin-foil hatters who think the POTUS is "Muslim plant" or some such paranoid BS?

Old 09-03-2014, 04:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Uh, we HAD the head of ISIS at Gitmo and LET HIM GO.
Quit listening to people who lie to you.

Quote:
In this storyline, Baghdadi was handed over to Iraqi justice system late in 2009 shortly before Camp Bucca closed.

However, when PunditFact asked the Defense Department to confirm the story, officials there said Baghdadi was released in 2004, not 2009.

"Ibrahim Awad Ibrahim Al Badry, also known as ‘Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’ was held as a ‘civilian internee’ by U.S. Forces-Iraq from early February 2004 until early December 2004, when he was released," the Pentagon said in a statement. "He was held at Camp Bucca. A Combined Review and Release Board recommended ‘unconditional release’ of this detainee and he was released from U.S. custody shortly thereafter. We have no record of him being held at any other time."
Fox's Pirro: Obama set ISIS leader free in 2009 | PunditFact

Old 09-03-2014, 04:37 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:

Buy a clue.

Syria was involved in a civil war and Assad was murdering his people, ISIS came about in 2013 from extreme groups like Hezbollah involved in the civil war. You might want to read up on some history.
I recall McCain and others wanting to arm the Syrian insurgents while Obama was preaching restraint since there was an extreme faction in the civil war.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:46 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:

Buy a clue.
ISIS(or ISIL) was around before the Syrian people arose against Assad--but they grew recently in part by actions by Assad himself who released Salafists from prison when the rebellion started. And he focused on fighting the more moderate rebels(Syrian army turncoats and urban civillians) who were making gains around Aleppo and Damascus instead of focusing any military efforts on ISIS, because he knew as soon as the dominant face of the rebellion became groups like ISIS, outside powers would be less likely to support any rebels in Syria--and ISIS ended up fighting the Free Syrian Army as much as they fought Syrian government troops.

And he was right, the Assad family is good at one thing and that's how to remain in power by any means necessary... After they grew too big, they have become more worrisome to Assad's regime, but in the end he played the last card he had, and it worked out in his favor in a way--considering you actually have people suggesting we team up with Assad at this point to take on ISIS.

Last edited by Deezus; 09-03-2014 at 05:08 PM..

Old 09-03-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
That is undoubtedly Bush's fault too. Just ask Obama's cheerleading squad, they'll tell you.
Since the leader of ISIS was released from prison in 2004, yes that would be under Bush's watch.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:44 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I watched the latest video a little while ago, made me sick to my stomach. What also sickened me was that it was hard to tell which were ISIL slime posting on Facebook news stories, & which are Americans. They both use horrid grammar & spelling, & both bash the president. We are sitting ducks, IMO, as the terrorists see us as weak as we are not united.
Bingo and kudos. The Obama haters do not seem to get that ISIS can read and see all of their disgusting unpatriotic and hateful posts on this forum and other web sites. They are encouraging and abetting the terrorists, who also hate Obama. Sort of like 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' thing. These obsessed RWNJs are feeding the terrorists and allowing them to feel even more powerful because they read American citizens criticizing and giving no support to the US leader. I am sure that some of these people call themselves 'patriotic freedom lovers' and yet, ironically, they are psychologically supporting the terrorists. Apparently they are so wrapped up in their hate for Obama that they cannot see how they are giving aid and support to the enemy terrorists that they claim to hate. I agree it is disgusting and I would add, pathetic. I also believe that if you call them on their disgraceful behavior, the response will be 'liberal fascists' are impinging on their freedom of speech and right to hate.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:50 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Since the leader of ISIS was released from prison in 2004, yes that would be under Bush's watch.
You are saying the link is wrong????

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...der-free-2009/

Old 09-03-2014, 06:01 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You are saying the link is wrong????

Did you actually read that link?

Quote:
"Ibrahim Awad Ibrahim Al Badry, also known as ‘Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’ was held as a ‘civilian internee’ by U.S. Forces-Iraq from early February 2004 until early December 2004, when he was released," the Pentagon said in a statement. "He was held at Camp Bucca. A Combined Review and Release Board recommended ‘unconditional release’ of this detainee and he was released from U.S. custody shortly thereafter. We have no record of him being held at any other time."

In short, according to the Defense Department, the man who heads ISIS was released in 2004, long before Obama took office, and was not recaptured.

ABC News also has questioned King’s recollection, citing a "a U.S. official" that Baghdadi was not in American custody in 2009.

"I could be mistaken," King told ABC News, "but I’m 99 percent. He’s a dead ringer for the guy I had the run-in with … His face is very familiar."

King declined to comment to PunditFact.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You are kidding, right? The link (Punditfact), after looking into the facts, calls Fox's Pirro's claim that ISIS leader Abu Bakr al Baghdadi was "released by Obama in 2009, " totally false.

I assume you agree with the link.

Last edited by jojajn; 09-03-2014 at 06:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies