Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2014, 12:37 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblair5 View Post
Everyone in Escambia County tests below average, state and national levels. The white graduation rate in that district (17) was 10 points below the white graduation rate of my district (52) which by the way is lower than many averages also

So do I have a basis for an argument to suggest people in Pensacola are generally dumber than people from Pinellas County? It has been 14 years since Escambia County tests results where on par with our counties, so it is little more then just a "trend", would you agree?

Do you think it might have something to do with the fact Escambia County has one of if not the worst crime ratings in all of Florida?

So yes you are right, opportunities are there as in every county, and every school, but ALL your students manage to score lower then everyone else. Why is that?
th
What's you point here? Did I not clearly say that the two all-white schools here in Pensacola suffered the most when the school system closed the all-Black school and bused the kids to the two once all-white schools? Did I not make that perfectly clear?

I conclude that the school system in Florida sucks as a whole as do the school systems in many states. It has recently been reported that the school system in Nevada from which Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid represents has been ranked the very last in scores for three years in a row.

Attempts at deflecting from the issue does in no way belie or make void the fact that Blacks score less than whites and whites score less than Asians on average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Whether this is true or not, I care about one thing. What do I get from it? Last time I checked, I'm Black and I never caused big problems in school.

Neither did I. Neither have a lot of folks. Do you want special recognition?

Old 09-07-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Around the early 1900s, Blacks from states like Ohio and New York had higher scores on mental tests than Whites from Alabama and Kentucky. Says alot about North vs South. Culture in the Deep South was very lacking in terms of academic pursuits compared to the rest of the USA. Guess where 90 percent of Blacks in the early 1900s lived.
We're not living in the 1900's though, are we? We are speaking about todays testing of school students.
Let the past remain in the past. Besides, were I really interested in the 1900's, I'd ask you to provide proof of your claims but frankly, I could care less about the 1900's or your Civil War.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO even with Black people test differences might break down along sex. I say that because more and more Black ladies really are stepping up and taking care of business but, many of the dudes are still stuck in the "hood" of their minds.
Probably true but the data was taken from school student scoring and probably included both male and female students.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:54 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
You leave out New Orleans and Missouri intentionally? New Orleans is certainly not classified as "rural". What about Watts?
Go back and read what I said. Packard and me were talking about people who have their roots in the rural South.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Neither did I. Neither have a lot of folks. Do you want special recognition?
No I don't want special recognition. I only ask to be judged by my individual merit. However, judging on what I've seen, I don't think you will do that.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Go back and read what I said. Packard and me were talking about people who have their roots in the rural South.
While ignoring all the others.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
We're not living in the 1900's though, are we? We are speaking about todays testing of school students.
Let the past remain in the past. Besides, were I really interested in the 1900's, I'd ask you to provide proof of your claims but frankly, I could care less about the 1900's or your Civil War.
This was stemming from a discussion about IQ tests. I was showing this is a cultural problem. You should care about what happened in the 1900s, because history is ever changing. What happened between then and now? The Great Migration. Many who left the south brought a part of that culture with them. Those who did well in northern schools and obtained an education got out of that culture. Those who didn't get an education stayed in that culture. Rather the IQ tests reflect culture issues. That is what I am showing. However, you don't seem interested in that.

What proof? Go read Thomas Sowell's Black Rednecks and White Liberals.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
No I don't want special recognition. I only ask to be judged by my individual merit. However, judging on what I've seen, I don't think you will do that.
No, and that's because you are only doing what the very masses of society are doing and have been doing without fanfare.

Old 09-07-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
While ignoring all the others.
Again, if you read the whole post, you would have figured out that alot of the tenets of hood rat culture have roots in the South. People who left that South took some of it with them. There are many who got out of that culture. Those who didn't, well, that turned into hood rat culture. All it really is is redneck culture transplanted to the cities.

Don't believe me? Read Black Rednecks and White Liberals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies