Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 10:30 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
There is no other "face of Islam":

Here's Islam:

Ninjas in black full body cloak, peering at you through slits in hoods, cutting off heads of innocent people.

That's Islam.

When the "so-called" peaceful Muslim says nothing, their silence means they condone it.

The Qur'an forbids them to speak out against another "MUSLIM" without them being present. This is why they will NEVER speak out against another MUSLIM.

This fact in my opinion seals their complicity.

Islam is a well thought out totalitarian rule, it keeps the sheeple in check like no other.!!! any persons embracing Islam shall reap the rewards of servitude.. its a nasty man made plague created by a very clever camel herder..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 10:32 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The longer moderate Muslims stay silent, the more I wonder if there is any such thing as moderate Muslims...
There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim.

In their hearts they are all killers.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:45 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

All human beings are potential killers. War proves that again and again. Or the latest school or mall massacre back in the US of A.

The history of the world is a history of violence, there's been invasions, wars, massacres at every point in history taking place somewhere in the world . If you look at the death toll from various cultures over the last 1000 or last 100 years, the Arabs or Persians probably don't even come close to making the top 10, maybe the Turks with what happened with the Armenians and Assyrians in the 1910s or the Timurids might rank higher. But comparatively you can look at random places like Cambodia or Rwanda that were the source of unspeakable violence that are now relatively peaceful. Back in the 1940s every Japanese was a insane unstoppable killer(especially according to the US propaganda of the times), now they're extremely polite car manufacturers and anime fans.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
Islam is a well thought out totalitarian rule, it keeps the sheeple in check like no other.!!! any persons embracing Islam shall reap the rewards of servitude.. its a nasty man made plague created by a very clever camel herder..

Sounds like another religion I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

Then you should be VERY SCARED! Boooooooo!

Old 09-03-2014, 11:01 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A duty by whose edict? Yours?

The only duty any American Muslim has is to get a job, pay their taxes, and be law abiding.

If I were a Muslim, I wouldn't even address the topic if asked. They've already been asked about it several times and you have their answer.

Leave it at that.
A duty to themselves and their religion. A duty to clarify the impression people have of Islam.

If they don't, it will only encourage the type of ignorance you see on this thread in the form of ridiculous generalizations about all Muslims and the religion of Islam by people who cannot even spell Muslim and in all likelihood know nothing about the religion at all.

Unfortunately, all in a group may be condemned when people feel threatened by some in the group. E.g., putting US citizens who were Japanese in internment camps in the USA. Bigotry can be fought with knowledge as it is bred out of ignorance and fear.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:14 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Unfortunately, all in a group may be condemned when people feel threatened by some in the group. E.g., putting US citizens who were Japanese in internment camps in the USA. Bigotry can be fought with knowledge as it is bred out of ignorance and fear.
There are also internment camps for German Americans.

"The internment of German Americans refers to the detention of German and German-American citizens in the United States during World War I and World War II. Unlike the Japanese Americans who were interned during World War II and the Italian Americans who were subject to the same fate, these internees have never received an apology or reparations"

Internment of German Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are also Italian American Internment camp

"The internment of Italian Americans refers to the internment of Italian citizens in the United States during World War II. Unlike the Japanese Americans who were interned during the war, they have never received reparations.[1] However, unlike Japanese-Americans, only citizens of Italy were detained.[2] In 2010, the California Legislature passed a resolution apologizing for the mistreatment of Italian residents."

Internment of Italian Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe majority of Muslims are peace loving folks who just want to make a good living for themselves and their children. In all fairness, Nearly 700,000 Muslims have signed a “Not in the Name of Islam” petition on the website of the Council on American-Islamic Relations that begins: “We, the undersigned Muslims, wish to state clearly that those who commit acts of terror, murder and cruelty in the name of Islam are not only destroying innocent lives, but are also betraying the values of the faith they claim to represent.”

I think the Radical Muslims give all Muslims a bad name and it is a very sad situation. But they have not been put in the internment camp like German Italian or Japanese Americans. We certainly need a new definition of moderate Muslims. I don't believe all of them are moderate.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:19 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
I think they are afraid because even if they aren't afraid for themselves they know the pukes will come for their families.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:20 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,335 times
And the majority religion of the Kurds and others actually fighting (not protesting, but guns and rockets fighting) ISIS would be what, OP?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:22 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
This is from the perspective of
Yasmine Bahrani is a professor of journalism at the American University in Dubai.

Yasmine Bahrani: When will we take back Islam? | Ames Tribune

This summer, many Muslims marched in the streets of London, Paris and other cities to condemn the deaths of Gazans at the hands of Israel. Of course it makes sense to protest the bombing of schools and residential buildings. I marched in the streets against Israel’s invasion of Lebanon when I was a student, and I marched against the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003.

But, inexplicably, there have been no similarly large-scale demonstrations against the Islamic State for its horrific acts against Christians, Yazidis and even its fellow Muslims in Iraq and Syria.

And there certainly haven’t been any marches protesting the beheading of innocents. It’s not hard to organize a march. So where are the demonstrations?

This is not the first time this question has occurred to me. For years, I have wondered about this absence of public outrage. When I asked about the murder of Iraqi civilians by Sunni and Shiite gangs, my fellow Muslims dodged my questions: “Why did the United States invade Iraq in the first place?”

Yes, the U.S. invasion was a mistake. But why is it so hard to take a stand against the killing of women and children? I never got a straight answer.

To be sure, many Muslims have spoken out against the Islamic State, and some clerics have condemned this gang of terrorists; Qatar-based Islamic scholar Yusuf Qaradawi, for instance, said the Islamic State violates sharia law and declared “null and void” the group’s declaration of a caliphate in Iraq and Syria.

But their words merely echoed those of non-Muslims who have called for an end to the violence. Surely we can do better.

Don’t Muslims have a responsibility to speak out more loudly than others? We need the world to see anti-Islamic State marchers taking to the streets with the passion that we saw at the Gaza rallies in London and Paris. Mainstream Muslims must express our rejection of extremism in clear terms, while doing whatever we can to stop young people from radicalizing.

The common refrain is: “That’s not Islam.” Of course it isn’t. Muslims know that, but we need to understand that others do not. And here’s the problem: To much of the world, the Islamic State, Nigeria’s Boko Haram and other such groups do represent the Muslim community.

Today, say the word “Islam” and few think of the glories of our history and culture. Like it or not, the Islamic State is winning the public relations war.

Sadly, mainstream Muslims have no choice but to come to terms with the fact that groups of people are car-bombing, shooting, starving, kidnapping and beheading people in the name of Islam — not to mention blowing up churches and mosques.

Where is the anger? Is it possible that the marches in support of Palestinians are well-attended because Muslims hate Israel more than we hate criminal gangs who have hijacked our religion?

The decision before the community is this: Either we reject the Islamic State and groups like it in the clearest possible terms, or we allow them to become the face of Muslims. When we say “It’s not Islam,” we are dismissing the criminals as someone else’s problem.

The truth is, nobody else is going to deal with them. It might seem easier to evade this responsibility, but the price of doing so will be heavy. Because, to the rest of the world, that horrific picture is what Muslims have become. If we don’t do something now, that image will be the world’s perception of us for years to come.
Interesting to who, not me, I do not feel any members of any religion have an obligation to protest when others that supposedly believe in the same religion do something bad, if that were the case we would all be spending all our time in the streets protesting. Me thinks there is a different agenda here, you know, like demonizing people that have done nothing to you because you are afraid of people that practice a specific religion or is it the way they dress, do they smell funny, something has you being so fearful think maybe you can deal with it. Work on your own home and others will do the same.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:37 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sounds like another religion I know.

Then you should be VERY SCARED! Boooooooo!

modern day Christianity doesn't even come close to modern day barbaric !slam.. and i'm no fan of either organized religions..

I only believe in the sky daddy of 72 tentacles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies