Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:38 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
A duty to themselves and their religion. A duty to clarify the impression people have of Islam.

If they don't, it will only encourage the type of ignorance you see on this thread in the form of ridiculous generalizations about all Muslims and the religion of Islam by people who cannot even spell Muslim and in all likelihood know nothing about the religion at all.

Unfortunately, all in a group may be condemned when people feel threatened by some in the group. E.g., putting US citizens who were Japanese in internment camps in the USA. Bigotry can be fought with knowledge as it is bred out of ignorance and fear.
Your point is well taken, but I'm sorry...Americans are too stupid to be reasoned with. There's nothing Muslims can do or say to change any predisposed notions.

I mean, look at these CD posters that hate Muslims. You think they can be reasoned with? I don't.

Best thing American Muslims can do is use their right to bear arms and protect themselves against being physically attacked by some bigoted moron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 11:53 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
There is no such thing as a moderate Muslim.

In their hearts they are all killers.
How do you know that? How many Muslims do you know? How well do you know them? Is it possible that you know a person who is a Muslim, or married to a Muslim, but you don't know it?

It must be difficult to face each day thinking that a Muslim just might walk up to you and kill you. Walking down the street, riding a train or a bus, shopping at the mall and thinking that there is a Muslim somewhere waiting to kill you.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
How do you know that? How many Muslims do you know? How well do you know them? Is it possible that you know a person who is a Muslim, or married to a Muslim, but you don't know it?

It must be difficult to face each day thinking that a Muslim just might walk up to you and kill you. Walking down the street, riding a train or a bus, shopping at the mall and thinking that there is a Muslim somewhere waiting to kill you.
Why, he knows them all, right-wing central said he does and of-course what he should think of them all. After all, they do a fine business selling fear to those that have to have just one more drink from the fountain of knowledge.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post

Actually, I'm glad he feels that way.

More frightened conservatives with high blood pressure is a good thing. Even better if it goes untreated.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:08 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,050 times
Criticism in Islam is not highly favored, especially from Islamists and salafist organizations. Your average Arab in the Middle East has restricted speech and cannot fully express their desires without punishment. In the case of Isis you have two sides here. One side feels that ISIS is a organization that is stable to support them, regardless of their ideology. The other camp fears them and will not speak out.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:17 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Criticism in Islam is not highly favored, especially from Islamists and salafist organizations. Your average Arab in the Middle East has restricted speech and cannot fully express their desires without punishment. In the case of Isis you have two sides here. One side feels that ISIS is a organization that is stable to support them, regardless of their ideology. The other camp fears them and will not speak out.
Ummm, you forgot the side that is actually fighting them, oh sorry, did not mean to interrupt

Old 09-03-2014, 12:24 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,446,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Muslims have no duty to protest against ISIS.

I really don't know why people keep insisting that they do.
I don't know if it's already been said before, but if this was an extremist christian group, every christian around the world would outright condemn it. So far the only group that has denounced ISIS/ISIL, is Al Qaeda. Really? Is this the only group that has enough "morality" in them to speak out against ISIS?

Old 09-03-2014, 12:26 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ummm, you forgot the side that is actually fighting them, oh sorry, did not mean to interrupt
You mean the side that wants to implement their own Islamists ideology or sharia law or another type of Islam under the same people with no free speech? Don't get coy with me, understand what's going on.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:31 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,053 times
Quote:
I don't. If I had a responsibility to do it, I would.

And if I don't, who am I to say that someone else does?
Do you protest anything though? The point of the article is that it's hypocritical for Muslims to get up in arms over Israel or the Iraq War and not ISIS. It's not like they have problems with having a protest. It's more likely that they just don't care about ISIS. Sure they don't have to protest, but they lose sympathy points when they take to the streets over Israel. Shows where their priorities are.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:38 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,198,297 times
Quote:
Quote:
here is no such thing as a moderate Muslim.

In their hearts they are all killers.
Then you should be VERY SCARED! Boooooooo!
Such a kidder ... !

. . . .
MUSLIM PEACE TRAIN
-or-
What Happened to Cat Stevens

Yusuf Islam (aka Cat Stevens), accused of backing Salman Rusdie fatwah, appears at DC 'Rally to Restore Sanity' – Telegraph Blogs
Cat Stevens wanted me dead

However much Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam may wish to rewrite his past, he was neither misunderstood nor misquoted over his views on the Khomeini fatwa against The Satanic Verses (Seven, April 29). In an article in The New York Times on May 22, 1989, Craig R Whitney reported Stevens/Islam saying on a British television programme "that rather than go to a demonstration to burn an effigy of the author Salman Rushdie, 'I would have hoped that it'd be the real thing'."

He added that "if Mr Rushdie turned up at his doorstep looking for help, 'I might ring somebody who might do more damage to him than he would like. I'd try to phone the Ayatollah Khomeini and tell him exactly where this man is'."

In a subsequent interview with The New York Times, Mr Whitney added, Stevens/Islam, who had seen a preview of the programme, said that he "stood by his comments".

Let's have no more rubbish about how "green" and innocent this man was.

- - - Salman Rushdie, New York
Mr. "Peace Train" changed his tune, once he became Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies