Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 08:00 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,996,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
So, basically if you are a bald male, you need to remove your wig/toupee?

If you are green eyed and wear the colored blue contacts, you need to remove them?

If you have false teeth, you need to remove them too?

What about falsies, should women remove them from their bras?

We are talking about things that make a person feel better, like a guy with a huge 4 inch part in the middle of his head, so he wants to wear a hairpiece so he feels better...
You want to move to SC, right? Basically, the answer to your questions is yes. If the DMV thinks it constitutes a 'disguise', they will ask you to remove it. It's one of those things SC has that other states may not have and causing some assumptions on this thread (I don't think the teeth and falsies count though). Women can't wear makeup that obscures either. It's just a SC DMV thing. They will ask you to wash it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 08:10 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,807,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He's a freak.
How come this sort of stuff never happened a few decades ago? Kid would be told to toughen up and get a grip.

This same issue happened with that boy who thought he was a girl in Ohio. The answer is there is the Right was, wrong way and the government way. A DL is the government way so you abide. NEXT in line!

Old 09-04-2014, 07:54 PM

778 posts, read 820,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
How come this sort of stuff never happened a few decades ago? Kid would be told to toughen up and get a grip.

This same issue happened with that boy who thought he was a girl in Ohio. The answer is there is the Right was, wrong way and the government way. A DL is the government way so you abide. NEXT in line!
Because in addition to being told to "toughen up", kids like this were often beaten and/or sexually assaulted by people in their community, bullies, friends, or family. They were often disowned and kicked out. They were forced into "reparitive therapy" which has since been denounced by pretty much every reputable medical organization. There was less knowledge then, and much less access to adequate education and support networks.

Things get better over time.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:19 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,826,311 times
Well, I guess I hope it wins the case bc life certainly isn't going to get any easier for this person. Accommodating / accepting / and even encouraging this type of behavior is a short term solution and will do far worse than good.

The whole trans movement quietly piggybacked on the gay agenda. I don't care what silly studies you can link, but it's something going wrong upstairs. It's like the white teenagers from suburbia acting and pretending to be black. Sure they listen to wrap and wear their pants around their behind. But you'd see how black they are if you dropped them in the hood.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:29 PM

778 posts, read 820,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
I don't care what silly studies you can link, but it's something going wrong upstairs.
Well, at least a few "silly studies" don't disagree. They've shown the brains of trans women (people born in male bodies who identify as female) have brains that are more similar to women than men, and vice versa for trans men. So in the case of transsexual people, there is very likely an actual disconnect between body and brain. Turns out it's easier and more effective to change the body to match the brain.

I'm not sure if that's the case for people who are genderqueer or agender, as I'm thinking Chase might be, but it seems possible there's a biological root based on current research.

Of course I'd love to see any studies you know of that say say "accommodating / accepting / and even encouraging this type of behavior is a short term solution and will do far worse than good", but you seem more interested in holding onto your world view than actual scientific fact.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:16 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,996,345 times
Meanwhile, this boy will lose this case as his argument rests on the false theory that women are never asked to remove makeup for South Carolina DMV photos. Easily shown to be false since the fact of the matter is that women are routinely asked to remove their makeup for DMV photos if it in any way disguises their natural features.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:28 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,828,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
A little indelicate maybe but he DOES have problems; here's his pic:

South Carolina teen sues DMV over being told to remove makeup - NY Daily News

I'm so glad my son didn't get all weird on us.
He definitely does. Makeup, feminine jewelry, LONG fake eyelashes....yech. Issues out the wazoo.

What's sad is that he's a good-looking kid in his natural state. I think he just wants attention and to cause a stir for the DMV. They should stand their ground until he comes in without the disguise.

Probably wanted the same attention that the muslim girl got when she was offended at not being able to have her DL picture taken with her veil. Too freaking bad. Either comply with the laws of this country..or GET LOST.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:42 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,526,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Meanwhile, this boy will lose this case as his argument rests on the false theory that women are never asked to remove makeup for South Carolina DMV photos. Easily shown to be false since the fact of the matter is that women are routinely asked to remove their makeup for DMV photos if it in any way disguises their natural features.
Really? Why don't you provide some cases that bring up this issue.

You people are a piece of work.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:48 PM

15,837 posts, read 21,369,827 times
I got my DMV photo taken in the middle of chemo. I was nearly bald (buzz cut), I was pale, my face was swollen from steroids, and I didn't have makeup on. In my photo, I look a whole lot like a man. The DMV still let me take the photo. AND I have never once had issues presenting my ID even now that my face is a more normal shape, I have long hair, and I wear makeup regularly. If a police officer has a hard time telling it's me from my photo, that's his/her problem, not mine. This isn't a TV show - we all know it's Bruce Wayne under the Batman mask - and all this guy is wearing is a little blush, eyeshadow, and mascara!

Not sure what the problem is here and I hope he wins.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:55 PM

20,421 posts, read 12,338,684 times
This did not happen. I know it did not happen because the linked story in the OP was from Fox News. And since every liberal on C-D has told me personally that Fox News is a bunchaliars, it is impossible for this story to be true.

It never happened. there is no boy in SC who wants to wear a little blush to take a picture. Nor has SC ever said no to such a thing. nor will the twain every happen...

BECAUSE FOX NEWS SAID IT DID AND EVERY LIBERAL KNOWS FOX NEWS LIES ABOUT EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies