Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 05:57 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...e-mini#1d2tqo1
“Jason Riley said in an interview, Did you know before we had minimum wage laws black unemployment and white unemployment were the same? If we increase the minimum wage, black unemployment will skyrocket. See, he understands it, but the average black does not.”

Ah so go back to before workers had decent rights so we can ALL be broke poor! Awesome...hey Cruz's dad keep helping him! I love it...If republican business owners could they wouldn't pay ANY wage..then when workers strike they would just get their enforcers to go out and rough them up and force them back to work....We WON'T go backwards on workers rights right wingers...so stop trying! Maybe try running on something that people care about and stop trying to change what's been done and won't be reversed! You might get somewhere.
First off Jason Riley is an irrational thinker. His book is utter garbage. I couldn't past like the first couple of chapters. I was thinking who published this idiocy?

It's standard boilerplate conservative fantasy. The US government helping black people has destroyed us. Lol

Meanwhile in the real world not a single group has gotten more help from the US government than white Americans. You can take everything everyone else has gotten from the us government combined and it pales in comparison to what white folks get right now.

Again how does this simple fact escape people like Jason Riley?

In fact, for most of this nation's history, the government basically only helped white people.

By Jason Riley's and conservative logic, white people should be the worst off of any group of Americans because by far and it's not even close, they have gotten nearly all the money and most of the help from the government, and continue to do so right now.

A curious mind would attempt to explain this seeming contradiction. The idea that government help is bad for black people but doesn't seem to have hurt white people at all.

Also, you'd think that the historic relationship, that the main concern of racist whites was assuring that black people didn't get help from the government and for the same reasons expressed by conservatives today.

Go read racist objections to helping black people with the government, the same ideas. The same well black people are too lazy, too ignorant, too irresponsible and government help will only worsen their problems.

Yet no one says anything. Like hey these conservatives myths about government helping black people are exactly the same arguments that racist whites have always made against black people getting government help.

I expect nothing less than for conservatives who are about to say something ignorant/racist about black people to hide behind any black person that they can and say see this black person agrees with me. They think the black race is broken just like I do. SMH

Old 09-05-2014, 06:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And what do you think they're suppose to do with 8 billion people on the planet? 9 billion? 10 billion?

Did you think 11 billion people on planet earth were going to consume like Americans? Where are you going to get the other 4 Earths to achieve that very optimistic and child-like goal?

What does entropy state?
What does that have to do with my post? Clue: I am all for family planning and using the resources of the planet in a more wise and efficient manner.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:40 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If we raise the minimum wage by a decree, where would the money come from to cover the increase?
Could any minimum wage supporters help me out here?

Old 09-08-2014, 02:26 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Logically it would have to come from either:

a) The business profits.
b) higher prices
c) reductions in other costs of operaion.

A- Isn't likely to happen in the long run given basic application of resources.
B- Depends upon the good\service in question and if there are alternatives.
C- Most businesses will take this route and cut staffing or at least cut the slower people and only hire the faster\better workers.

C is supported by the non-partisan CBO as the most likely adjustment that would be made.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let's get back to attacking Ted Cruz over his fathers comments while also claiming that he's not a threat politically. You know, because politically oriented attacks and talking points are typically directed at opponents you aren't worried about.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Ted Cruz's dad is a known racist. Ted was raised around and by this idiot. No black person in their right mind would vote for this guy...

Pretty sure, your dad & mom were racist, too.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:00 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:

My employer could cut a week or two from his globetrotting, thereby keeping more dollars in the American economy. Win-win!

Old 09-09-2014, 05:08 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Missing the point.

1) The proposed national wage was $10.10, not $15. People stuck between $7.25 and $10.10 will likely get small wage hikes as well.

2) You are not envious of a minimum wage worker, so cut the bullcrap.

3) This is not an aristocracy. It does not matter what a person does for a living. Anyone who works 40 hours per week should not be in poverty. Keeping these people in poverty just means more welfare coming our of your pocket.

4) Enough with the personal responsibility smug skill superiority complex. These people can't afford to eat, so how could they afford training for career advancement? Are you willing to pay for their training, too?
Well, maybe some type of training program while they collect welfare might be the answer. I think some people are uneducable and will be collecting for the rest of their lives.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:38 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Ted Cruz's dad is a known racist. Ted was raised around and by this idiot. No black person in their right mind would vote for this guy...
Well, it didn't take long for the race card to get pulled.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:10 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
My employer could cut a week or two from his globetrotting, thereby keeping more dollars in the American economy. Win-win!
I believe Americans are free to spend their money however they want.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:11 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
How do you know that? Because he's conservative? Or do you have actual proof of racism.

Speaking of racism, did you vote for Obama? Because there IS proof that he is racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies