U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 09:19 AM

430 posts, read 305,663 times

Advertisements

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...e-mini#1d2tqo1
“Jason Riley said in an interview, Did you know before we had minimum wage laws black unemployment and white unemployment were the same? If we increase the minimum wage, black unemployment will skyrocket. See, he understands it, but the average black does not.”

Ah so go back to before workers had decent rights so we can ALL be broke poor! Awesome...hey Cruz's dad keep helping him! I love it...If republican business owners could they wouldn't pay ANY wage..then when workers strike they would just get their enforcers to go out and rough them up and force them back to work....We WON'T go backwards on workers rights right wingers...so stop trying! Maybe try running on something that people care about and stop trying to change what's been done and won't be reversed! You might get somewhere.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:20 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

Old 09-03-2014, 09:23 AM

2,777 posts, read 2,926,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
If republican business owners could they wouldn't pay ANY wage..then when workers strike they would just get their enforcers to go out and rough them up and force them back to work...

Who's paying the "enforcers" if no one is getting "ANY wage"?

Old 09-03-2014, 09:24 AM

I meant to the workers not the enforcers...the people producing their product.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:45 AM

118 posts, read 88,753 times
It will be interesting when ( god help us) and if minimum wage hits the desired amount, which I believe is 15 an hour? Is that what they are leveraging for nationally?

that's close to 30k a year to flip burgers full-time? LOL. and I make 41 with a B.A. teaching, and my wife makes 46 with a M.Ed. teaching. Keep in mind our state has been frozen for cost of living raises for 7 years now.

I think I would take the pay cut and not have to deal with extra headaches of my "career"

Think I would be alone?

How about the iron workers, nurses, city workers, skilled laborers, I mean really the list goes on and on. Why will any of these professions continue to work harder as some dolt flipping burgers for the same amount of money or a little bit less?

The same people that can't get viable skilled jobs now, will still be UNEMPLOYABLE, because if I had to choose between someone with ANY type of education or a high school dropout , guess who is going to get the job?

Old 09-03-2014, 10:49 AM

7,846 posts, read 5,067,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblair5 View Post
It will be interesting when ( god help us) and if minimum wage hits the desired amount, which I believe is 15 an hour? Is that what they are leveraging for nationally?

that's close to 30k a year to flip burgers full-time? LOL. and I make 41 with a B.A. teaching, and my wife makes 46 with a M.Ed. teaching. Keep in mind our state has been frozen for cost of living raises for 7 years now.

I think I would take the pay cut and not have to deal with extra headaches of my "career"

Think I would be alone?

How about the iron workers, nurses, city workers, skilled laborers, I mean really the list goes on and on. Why will any of these professions continue to work harder as some dolt flipping burgers for the same amount of money or a little bit less?

The same people that can't get viable skilled jobs now, will still be UNEMPLOYABLE, because if I had to choose between someone with ANY type of education or a high school dropout , guess who is going to get the job?
Missing the point.

1) The proposed national wage was $10.10, not $15. People stuck between $7.25 and $10.10 will likely get small wage hikes as well.

2) You are not envious of a minimum wage worker, so cut the bullcrap.

3) This is not an aristocracy. It does not matter what a person does for a living. Anyone who works 40 hours per week should not be in poverty. Keeping these people in poverty just means more welfare coming our of your pocket.

4) Enough with the personal responsibility smug skill superiority complex. These people can't afford to eat, so how could they afford training for career advancement? Are you willing to pay for their training, too?

Old 09-03-2014, 10:53 AM

28,411 posts, read 14,293,028 times
What significance does his father have in any of this?

Old 09-03-2014, 10:54 AM

32,771 posts, read 17,834,141 times
Talking Ted Cruz dad: the average black does not understand min wage

Leave it to a "genius" teabagger like Rafael Cruz to tell blacks what they do and don't understand.

Kinda reminds me of:

"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro."

RWNJ Hero Cliven Bundy, April 2014

Carry on.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Missing the point.

1) The proposed national wage was $10.10, not $15. People stuck between $7.25 and $10.10 will likely get small wage hikes as well.

2) You are not envious of a minimum wage worker, so cut the bullcrap.

3) This is not an aristocracy. It does not matter what a person does for a living. Anyone who works 40 hours per week should not be in poverty. Keeping these people in poverty just means more welfare coming our of your pocket.

4) Enough with the personal responsibility smug skill superiority complex. These people can't afford to eat, so how could they afford training for career advancement? Are you willing to pay for their training, too?
Why not make the minimum wage $50 an hour?

Wouldn't that allow a parent to stay home to raise the children, allow them to purchase a home and remove financial stress (which is a leading cause of divorce)?

Why not raise it to $50 an hour?

Old 09-03-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Leave it to a "genius" teabagger like Rafael Cruz to tell blacks what they do and don't understand.

Kinda reminds me of:

"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro."

RWNJ Hero Cliven Bundy, April 2014

Carry on.

Leave it to a genius to not understand it was his FATHER who said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or