Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 04:57 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,956,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Most of my conservative friends on Facebook and the like just figure we should go to war with ISIS and not really explain why or what that would actually entail. They just see "bad guys with towels on their heads" and figure we need to use unfettered force, even if that means a full out regional war. There is no nuance or strategy to this right wing punditry being put out there right now.
You don't have conservative friends on facebook. If you did, you would not lie about them like this.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:00 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,735,028 times
If we were to nuke the middle east, there is only a very tiny sliver that we'd need to bomb to make the entire middle east think we were their heroes...I****L

Plus we'd get out from under the thumb of the Central Banks.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:07 PM

29,469 posts, read 16,449,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
wow..trying to justify what Obama did by comparing 2 other people that are NOT President ?
Talk about deflection.

Any "boots on the ground" is boots on the ground my friend.

He went and invaded Iraq all over again and without the permission of Congress.
1. 350 people is not an invasion

2. He doesnt need congresses permission to send them there, only to keep them there, and if anyone every challenges the War Powers Act in court, he wont need that either.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:35 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,729,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Everywhere I see I see the same calls for nuking the Middle East. Eerily enough, I see the same thing being echoed on here. Makes me start to think sounds like the right-wing noise machine is now sending out marching orders to their right-wing sheeple. And these same right-wingers claim to be independent . I also see the same thing on MSNBC, but the liberals are resisting the war drums much easier than the right-wingers. The oligarchy DOES NOT want us to leave the Middle East, and they are trying their darnest to get the Republicans and undecided voters on board, to scare them into thinking Obama is such a weak president, when he is making ALL the right choices by dithering and philandering around. But, this would never have happened if Qaddafi was never killed. ISIS, aka the Islamic Emirate of Iraq and the Levant back in 2010, all came from Benghazi originally, and have been recruiting ever since across the Middle East. Where are you, dear Libertarians? Did you finally drop the façade of being anti-war, and now jumping on the ISIS bandwagon like Rand, that corrupt nepotist, did?
didn't you say you used to vote republican?

Old 09-04-2014, 06:46 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,998,110 times
Still waiting to see any proof that 'right-wing mainstream media' has been calling to nuke ISIS. Thus far, nothing.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:58 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,513,763 times
op, your username is hilarious. Love it!

Old 09-04-2014, 07:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,615,875 times
Quote:
ROFLMAO.....Obama now has boots on the ground as well as bombs from the sky.
Now?

Who has been protecting the embassy and other US interests ( whatever that means) in Baghdad, all along?

Humanitarian aid is being sent and bombers made sure there was no interference.

Additional troops were deployed to assess and advise ( whatever that means)

300 more troops were sent this week to bolster the forces protecting the embassy in Baghdad.

Given the US continues to operate an embassy there ( for God knows what reason) makes sense to take every precaution to reduce the likelihood of Benghazi 2.

Strange, strange bedfellows.

I half expect Rand Paul to come out and give Biden a high 5 for the "follow to the gates hell " remark.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I agree as well. But its never going to happen. Unless we get rid of most in Congress now, and
get a Libertarian Party president
Getting rid of most of Congress means replacing them with more of the same.

A true Libertarian president without a true Libertarian majority in Congress would be DOA.
Had Ron Paul managed to somehow managed to get elected, the resistance would have made the current situation look like child's play.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
wow..trying to justify what Obama did by comparing 2 other people that are NOT President ?
Talk about deflection.

Any "boots on the ground" is boots on the ground my friend.

He went and invaded Iraq all over again and without the permission of Congress.
I don't call protecting the embassy invasion.
I don't call making certain humanitarian aid gets to it's target an invasion.

Seems the most vocal Conservative heads are more focused on blasting Obama for not doing more in Iraq and wasting time attempting to get the pulse of allies/ NATO.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:25 PM

Tuned into Hannity tonight. He's on the kill, kill, kill ISIS campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.