Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: GOP Platform Good for America?
Yes! 15 28.30%
No! 34 64.15%
Unsure / We will see... 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 03:06 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times

Advertisements

[quote=Opin_Yunated;36350833]Simple poll.

Just for clarity, let's review the GOP's top priorites:

1) Expand military spending - This helps all those poor kids who have no other choice but to join the military. Do you hate them?
2) Tax Cuts for upper income earners - I'm guessing this one wont do too much. But it does help the upper income earners. Some of them might be Americans, but they're probably mostly white racists.
3) Privatization of Medicare and Social Security - Gonna have to cut it off sometime.
4) Repeal of the minimum wage - Pay people what they are worth? Nope, that's bad for everyone.
5) Privatization of Education - Democrats have been in charge of education since 1964. Seems like they're doing a reeally wonderful job of it. Why change.
6) Defunding the EPA - Doubt it.

Are these ingredients for prosperity? - Really hard to tell. How likely are all of those things to happen? Not likely.[/QUOTE]

I don't trust any politician. Your or theirs.

What if someone from the other team did something that actually worked. What happens to your good/bad sided view of the world then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 03:12 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
What are the top 6 priorities from the last DNC budgets? Particularly the ones when they controlled the Senate and and House along with the Presidency. I'd like to see the contrast.
I'm just speculating, but it with a Democratic supermajority in all chambers it would look like this:

1) National Health Care System
2) Higher Minimum Wage
3) Comprehensive Jobs Bill to Rebuild Infrastructure
4) Additional worker right's bills (better maternity leave, equal pay for women)
5) Subsidized Higher Education
6) Higher Taxes levied on upper incomes

Old 09-03-2014, 03:12 PM

118 posts, read 115,843 times
What's your platform OP? Besides being the first 6 figure burger flipper.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:18 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,936 times
[quote=Opin_Yunated;36351388]I'm just speculating, but it with a Democratic supermajority in all chambers it would look like this:

1) National Health Care System - This could be good could be bad. Hard to tell how it will be implemented. Do you trust all of the Dem politicians to do this right?
2) Higher Minimum Wage - It's slowly starting to come around. I don't think this is a bad idea.
3) Comprehensive Jobs Bill to Rebuild Infrastructure - You might as well say "Rainbow flavored unicorn tear dropped ice cream", it means about as much.
4) Additional worker right's bills (better maternity leave, equal pay for women) - Equal pay for women? FFS you don't actually believe that women are paid less than men for some "evil" "mysoginistic" ways do you? Jesus Christ.
5) Subsidized Higher Education - Already is subsidized through grants and federal loans. College is not a one stop shop for every kid in America. I'd rather see some tracking like the European countries currently do. Here that would be racist.
6) Higher Taxes levied on upper incomes - Yep, charge Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Mark Zuckerberg and the rest at about 60%. I actually do want higher taxes on the rich.[/QUOTE]

Again, you actually think your politicians can do all of the above the right way and make it work for all Americans?

You must live in WA or CO, cause you smokin some good weed.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:20 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I'm just speculating, but it with a Democratic supermajority in all chambers it would look like this:

2) Higher Minimum Wage
4) Additional worker right's bills (better maternity leave, equal pay for women)
Yeah, I'd agree that most Ds would support this.

A couple other things they might add -

Better regulation of financial institutions to limit derivatives, fraudulent foreclosures, and the like
Some kind of meaningful strategy for dealing with peak oil

Old 09-03-2014, 03:20 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Again, you actually think your politicians can do all of the above the right way and make it work for all Americans?
That wasn't what I was asked. I was speculating the Democratic Party's priorities since we know the Republican Party's priorities. (they were explicitly outlined in the Paul Ryan budget) Democrats have been trying for six years to move forward on infrastructure, worker rights' issues, the minimum wage, and tax reform. They have been blocked with an unprecedented level of obstruction.

I wasn't ask do I "believe" the Democrats are right.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:25 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times
Quote:
Simple poll.

Just for clarity, let's review the GOP's top priorites:

1) Expand military spending
2) Tax Cuts for upper income earners
3) Privatization of Medicare and Social Security
4) Repeal of the minimum wage
5) Privatization of Education
6) Defunding the EPA

Are these ingredients for prosperity?
Well, we've had SIX years of Liberal policies that certainly have proven to be failures.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:

2) Higher Minimum Wage
Over $100 billion was already dedicated to rebuilding infrastructure back in 2009:

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yeah, I'd agree that most Ds would support this.

A couple other things they might add -

Better regulation of financial institutions to limit derivatives, fraudulent foreclosures, and the like
Some kind of meaningful strategy for dealing with peak oil
Get it out of your dreams. In about 62 days you will see a Republican controlled Senate and House. You Libs have screwed things up for SIX years now. PAYBACK IS GONNA BE OH SO SWEET!! LOL!

Old 09-03-2014, 03:29 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Well, we've had SIX years of Liberal policies that certainly have proven to be failures.
No, we've had six years of *obstruction*. Whether that's been a failure or success is pretty much a matter of who's doing the judging.

If that's the main thing the Rs run on - they're still going to have that massive electoral college problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies