Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2014, 05:44 AM

88,640 posts, read 44,381,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
BUSH AND CHENEY lied for certain and we all know that; plus causing the deaths of some many innocent people. Who is worse?
The intel on Iraq's WMDs came from the Clinton Admin. If any lies were told, they came from them:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ENAV_UoIfgc

Old 09-05-2014, 05:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,405,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're not too bright.

WMDs, anyone?

Oh, but that wasn't a lie, right...

Old 09-05-2014, 05:58 AM

88,640 posts, read 44,381,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
WMDs, anyone?

Oh, but that wasn't a lie, right...
Ask Clinton.

Did Clinton lie about Iraq's WMDs? Or did they somehow just magically disappear when Bush was elected?

Old 09-05-2014, 06:06 AM

76,997 posts, read 47,331,456 times
Quote:
Ask Clinton.

Did Clinton lie about Iraq's WMDs? Or did they somehow just magically disappear when Bush was elected?
Iraq had WMDs when Clinton was president, and this is a well known fact. There was a massive campaign to get rid of them, which was successful. Clinton did not present evidence calming there were WMDs in Iraq in 2002. Bush did. Get used to it.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:10 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,405,195 times
Quote:
Ask Clinton.

Interesting...

Please tell me about Clinton's months long media campaign to build public support for his Iraq invasion and then how he flushed trillions down the crapper with his failed invasion, leaving a record deficit and debt to his successor.

Old 09-05-2014, 06:19 AM

11,201 posts, read 8,238,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

Obama is the WORST president I've seen in my life, probably since the beginning of American history.
Were you born in 2009?

Old 09-05-2014, 06:24 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,362,276 times
It's hard to take seriously the idea that Republicans were ever going to work with President Obama seriously, when his whole campaign in '08 was so scrutinized and derided by the GOP and conservatives at large. Remember when Sen. McCain had to snatch the microphone from a woman saying, "He's an Arab," etc? That type of rhetoric was par for the course.

Then when on Obama's inauguration night, Rep. Paul Ryan and others met to discuss how to make Obama a "one term president", it was obvious they were never going to seriously work with him. The level of disrepect shown to our president has been historic and unprecedented. I suppose maybe you could go back to Abraham Lincoln for a comparable comparison.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:00 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,231,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It's hard to take seriously the idea that Republicans were ever going to work with President Obama seriously, when his whole campaign in '08 was so scrutinized and derided by the GOP and conservatives at large. Remember when Sen. McCain had to snatch the microphone from a woman saying, "He's an Arab," etc? That type of rhetoric was par for the course.

Then when on Obama's inauguration night, Rep. Paul Ryan and others met to discuss how to make Obama a "one term president", it was obvious they were never going to seriously work with him. The level of disrepect shown to our president has been historic and unprecedented. I suppose maybe you could go back to Abraham Lincoln for a comparable comparison.
That is interesting you picked Lincoln to compare Obama to.

Obama IMO see himself as a "Lincoln".......if I remember right he used the Lincoln Bible to be sworn into office.

I have a small business.....Obama made it very plain he would like to take from me and give it to others.

Well that was not going to happen......so I went into defensed.....I took steps to counter Obama.

I made no major purchases until I had to......I pulled all of my money out of banks....with the exception of my business account.

I was not a big Bush fan......but, at no time did I see him as my enemy.

If I did not agree with him.....I always thought he loved the USA.

Obama told me he wanted to "fundamentally change" it.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:11 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,547,179 times
""There was a time not so long ago when Americans, regardless of their political stripes, rallied round their president."
There have always been people critical of the President. This is a fantasy to go along with the "poor Mr. Obama - people are mean to him" narrative.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,897,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Iraq had WMDs when Clinton was president, and this is a well known fact. There was a massive campaign to get rid of them, which was successful. Clinton did not present evidence calming there were WMDs in Iraq in 2002. Bush did. Get used to it.
And the little fact that they found WMD's (although admittedly in a decomposed state) means there were in fact WMD's there..

Guess they didnt really get rid of them, but you guys never know what you are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies