Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2014, 07:20 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
It's hard to take seriously the idea that Republicans were ever going to work with President Obama seriously, when his whole campaign in '08 was so scrutinized and derided by the GOP and conservatives at large. Remember when Sen. McCain had to snatch the microphone from a woman saying, "He's an Arab," etc? That type of rhetoric was par for the course.

Then when on Obama's inauguration night, Rep. Paul Ryan and others met to discuss how to make Obama a "one term president", it was obvious they were never going to seriously work with him. The level of disrepect shown to our president has been historic and unprecedented. I suppose maybe you could go back to Abraham Lincoln for a comparable comparison.
All of this babble is histerical coming from those on the left.

its not like you guys didnt make efforts to make sure Bush's Reagan etc werent all 1 termers..

I mean seriously, do you guys think before you post this crap?

Old 09-05-2014, 07:22 AM

939 posts, read 795,234 times
I wish we had a President that I could believe in, but it's so obvious that he is as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:35 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Is that seriously from the article?

So the writer wants to whine about the current president not "getting respect" yet in the same breath insinuates that the previous president was dumb and immoral?

Typical hypocritical, double-standard of a Leftist. Thanks for highlighting that.

You didn't even read the article. Your post has no value when you just shoot from the hip.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:41 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And the little fact that they found WMD's (although admittedly in a decomposed state) means there were in fact WMD's there..

Guess they didnt really get rid of them, but you guys never know what you are talking about.
They used WMD on their own people.....they had them.

14,480 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think this ended with the Clinton presidency when the GOP became openly hostile towards the president. Bush was the target of Dems revenge, and now it is Obama's turn. He was attacked even before he took office, so it was clear the hostilities had nothing to do with what he had done, or not done. It is the name of the game in todays America, and unfortunately it will also deprive the next president of the respect he/she deserves.
I would be willing to bet that the only president who didn't receive unhinged disrespect was George Washington. In point of fact, politics today are tame in comparison to yesteryear.

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Iraq had WMDs when Clinton was president, and this is a well known fact. There was a massive campaign to get rid of them, which was successful.
According to who? Even Obama's own current DNI stated that Iraq moved some of its illicit weapons to Syria just before the war began in 2003.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:44 AM

671 posts, read 690,369 times
Default victim menality

Well I read the article, as well as followed the skewed, radical left loony trail back to the author, Thomas Williams, a known sarcastic critic of the US. Look him up. He writes for "Senior Living" magazine.

That article is also OLD, as it was written in Sept. 2012, and has absolutely NO relevance today.

Have you read MY posted article disproving his????

Equally as irrelevant, is the OP's reluctance to support any of her assertions...have you noticed that?

She just attacks people and calls them by labels (hmmm...double standard here? Is that "hate" speech???) or derogatory terms.

Attacks ad hominem rather than discuss merits or reveal any sources which show poor "O" was "disrespected" early on in his presidency.

All presidents since Truman were overtly criticized for a myriad of reasons.

Until the OP realizes that, admits it, she'll continue to play and cry victim.

Dandiday

Old 09-05-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
of course there are those who feel that way, there isn't a person on earth that doesn't have something they are prejudice about, sad, but true. The majority of Americans who do not respect him has little to do with his color. Look back to his campaign days for starters. He did nothing but lie to us then and you want to think this all has to do with race? Geeze!!

You haven't been around Mo.much i can tell. There are white people calling him all the names and i can tell you that they don't know squat about politics at all. Other than a news blurb. ALL POLITICIANS LIE!

Sure Obama hasn't been the best President and we must note that the last President Bush was 2nd in charge for his first term. I'll stick with Obama. He isn't going anywhere any way.

Remember IRAQ, They are the biggest liars in the last 4-5 presidency's.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:48 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times

Old 09-05-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The intel on Iraq's WMDs came from the Clinton Admin. If any lies were told, they came from them:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ENAV_UoIfgc
Old info that was proven wrong by bush and they still went in. You are going to get much traction with this crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies