Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do you think Bush was a bad President?
Iraq related issues (mishandling/WMDs/intelligence/etc) 62 50.00%
9/11 related issues 4 3.23%
Religious issues (gays/abortion/sep of church and state) 3 2.42%
Environmental/Climate change issues 4 3.23%
Economic issues 8 6.45%
Other 19 15.32%
I think Bush is a good President 24 19.35%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 09:28 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times

Advertisements

I remember back in 1999, my dad urged me to listen to Bush, and that he thought that he might be the most qualified man to run for office in his lifetime. He apparently had not listened to him speak, but was only going on the reputation of his father who my dad admired as a stand-up guy from Connecticut. I decided to give this new Bush a chance, listen to him discuss his ideas, and give him my serious consideration despite my not being Republican. I listened to him for a few minutes before I concluded that he is an absolute idiot. Easily the most stupid man to hold that office in history and probably in the future as well. "...is our children learning?" or "where dreams take wing." Incredibly pathetic and frighteningly inarticulate and ignorant.

There are so many reasons he's bad, I haven't the time to list them. His "war against terror" has been no more effective or justified than if he had declared a "war against ignorance", or a "war against racism", or a "war against laziness." You can't fight an ideological war with guns and his effort has been a collosal failure. He lied to the world to attack a sovereign nation that was not a threat to us, attacking this incredibly defenseless nation unprovoked. He lied to send thousands of innocent people to their deaths, millions to be maimed and scarred for life. He couldn't find any WMDs in Iraq not realizing that the most dangerous WMD was right in his bathroom mirror. The gaul that this man thinks that a democracy can be forced on those people, after this country has been supporting the killing of Arabs for so long. If he is determined to provide humanitarian aid there because of what he perceives as past or present atrocities, then why hasn't this aid been administered uniformally throughout the world? Africa remains the place of some of the greatest atrocities, a continent in great need of such humanitarian intervention. Yet, this magnificent place is largely ignored. So while this idiot in the White House is continuing to disgrace this country by his leadership abroad, domestically this country is giving up most of its jobs to India and China, while many youth turn to hip-hop, thug-life, and rap to compensate for what they perceive as a future that requires little of them.

Bush has taken this country into the Dark Ages, a true Regressive. That's his biggest accomplishment. He's an expert at going backwards. The entire world will breathe a sigh of relief when he and his sorry administration leave office, so everyone in this country can heal from the stench and stagnation.

No offense to anyone who supports this guy. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 10:43 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,258 times
I don't know which is worse, bush , or the idiots that are still trying to make excuses for him. I would say all of the above (and more), maybe except environment.

Last edited by person; 12-30-2007 at 10:52 PM..

Old 12-30-2007, 10:51 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Only history will tell if he was a good or bad President. People that are saying now that he is horrible, to me, are very ignorant about how politics work and the time it takes for something to take hold or change. Remember, Ronald Reagan was not the most popular man when he was in office, either--and now he ranks as a very popular President by Americans. questioner2 mentions Bush lacks communication skills. Not so. And, if I may add, people thought Reagan was goofy when it came to his people skills, so...? Though I don't mean to insinuate that George W. Bush is Reagan or like him, it's just hard to say right now whether his policies and tactics are really what is best or worst for us.

Personally speaking, I think history will show he was a good President that kept us safe after 9/11 and looked out for our interests as a country to others, and within our country as well.

That is, as long as history isn't written by CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC correspondents or the LA Times.

It has only been, well, ONLY 7 years, but I guess some ppl need more time to come to terms with their mistakes.

I certainly hope history is not written by online forumers.
'Personally speaking, I think history will show he was a good President that kept us safe after 9/11 and looked out for our interests as a country to others, and within our country as well. '

LOL. That is possible if time travel exists.

Last edited by person; 12-30-2007 at 11:02 PM..

Old 12-31-2007, 12:04 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
I will credit George Bush with one thing. He confirmed my awareness of those areas of the country that I always thought were the most enlightened. The Blue States I remain devoted to. I am especially proud of the Northeast and New England because not one state was fooled by this joke of a President.

Thanks Dubya!

Old 12-31-2007, 02:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Thumbs down Why was Bush a bad President?

Reader's Digest version:

Because he has no concern for America or 99.9% of Americans. He and his ultrawealthy inner circle constitute his "constituency."

They have been well-served at the expense of the rest of us.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:50 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanInSF View Post
I am especially proud of the Northeast and New England because not one state was fooled by this joke of a President.
They sure were fooled by the joke of a certain former President.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:00 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,683 times
I can think of 2 others were were far worse then GW. Both last names start with a C.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:02 PM

98 posts, read 273,131 times
I voted other because it wouldn't let me choose all the above, except good president. It is like staring at the sun and asking if it is sunny outside...duh!

Old 12-31-2007, 06:23 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Default Why was Bush a bad President?

What possible action can any president ever take that's worse than starting a war of aggression based on lies? Our country is now more deeply in debt (mostly to Communist China) than at any time in our history, and we have nothing to show for all of that spending. As we pay off that tremendous debt over the coming decades, America's infrastructure, schools, and highways wil continue to deteriorate, yet our treasury will be drained.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I can think of 2 others were were far worse then GW. Both last names start with a C.
Now let's get real here and not go fantasy. No way, shape or form was Clinton a worse president than Bush. After all, Clinton's approval rating never got down as low as Bush's. That is something that is totally impossible for you to dispute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies