Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 12:50 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times

Advertisements

I would vote for one of these posts as dumbest post of the week but there are so many to chose from I simply cannot make up my mine which is the finest example, keep posting I am sure one of you can out do yourself and win the prize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 12:55 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,645,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The whole world is appalled by radical Muslims, including all other Muslims.
The other Muslims are irrelevant. https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ry3NzkAOo3s?rel=0

Old 09-05-2014, 12:56 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Are you out there protesting ISIS?
No. I also wasn't protesting the conflict in Gaza.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:58 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
If they were happening, I would suspect it wouldn't be considered newsworthy because there is no sensational aspect to get people's attention.
I'm sure if it were happening there would be some evidence of it. That's the point of a protest. You make it very obvious.

Old 09-05-2014, 01:27 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,513,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
It's probably a lot easier to talk about from here in the states than to actually do it in Northern Iraq or Syria. From what little I know, were I over there, I'd be leaving if I could, or laying mighty low. Standing up to ISIL or whatever you want to call it is likely a losing proposition in many ways.
Maybe. The Kurds are actually kicking their teeth in. They've controlled Northern Iraq for decades and have 1 million fighters in registered reserves. ISIS has an army of about 10,000. The Kurds weren't expecting ISIS to turn North... Because they have a million fighters. It took them a couple of weeks to mobilize the reserves, then they promptly ejected ISIS from Northern Iraq. Now every Kurdish battalion has an American SF attachment (lots of Air Force combat controllers, the "boots on the ground in an advisory role" are generally coordinating air strikes and calling artillery) and air support. ISIS isn't going to spread any further through direct action because they are getting blown away every time they mass. Militia-on-militia, ISIS was really scary. ISIS on military with American support, ISIS is getting cut to shreds.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:11 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBR View Post
I never hear about the rest of the world standing up to them.
You must be very particular about what you listen to.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:12 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Obviously not enough of them are appalled.
Most people are appalled by atrocities. The catch is most people including you aren't willing to act to prevent them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies