Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 11:08 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,729,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Well, this was probably planned from the beginning. SHouldn't have killed Qaddafi, as these guys got their start in Libya, and Qaddafi was containing these people in eastern Libya (you know, as in the Benghazi-Tobruk terror corridor)
Damn straight. Saddam, Gaddafi, Assad, all were containing these guys & when they had to crack a few eggs to make the omellete we screamed "They're killing their own people!" and took them out (or tried to in Assad's case). Then we turn around & claim we're going to wipe these same bad guys out?
Oh the hypocrisy.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:30 PM

18,150 posts, read 15,566,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
ISIS is nothing but a bunch of cowards, and what the hell is ISIS going to do anyways? Plus I would love to fight one myself, hand to hand combat.
Around 35 gears ago. I had a similar sentiment , regarding the "enemy". As a somewhat educated, wild azz guess, I would hazard that you are young. And Hung Ho from Hell, yea? Whilst I understand such reactionary of an outlook, our old friend and mentor, Father Time, has instilled a shift in thinking.

Whilst I agree, smoking a few ISIS types , just on GP, isn't such a thought that bring horror and revulsion to the heart, coveting a bad breath and BO encounter with one or more of those daffy bastards doesn't sound like my idea of a perfect day. Nor methinks, would it be one for you, should you get your wish. That wouldn't be a gift that Santa gives to good little boys n girls.

Yes, they are a pack of mangy Hyenas. Pack scavenger predators, worthy of heavy contempt and hatred. But, they are also stone killers, to whom life means NOTHING. Just a small piece of advice, no I'll will intended. Up close and personal with an ISIS fighter would not be a scene from some Stallone flick.Such encounters are not to be spoken of lightly.

Aside from the fact these guys are hardened , fanatical, killers, not creampuffs, close in hand to hand / edged weapon combat makes experienced soldiers hesitant. For good reason. I , personally, hope you never see that wish come true. You or any of our actual war fighters. That is an experience I would wish on no one.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:42 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,639,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Because they're smarter than us. Besides, why should they?

[it's not their problem]
Still thinking inside the box, eh? It is their problem. ISIS views these other mooslim countries as too liberal. They feel like they should be exteme mooslims just like them. If left unchecked ISIS will mount attacks against all of them. But by not getting involved they can at the same time appear to be sympathetic to ISIS and hopefully not draw their ire. Soon tho these Islamist's will consume themselves.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:43 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,313,103 times
Quote:
“There is no containment policy for ISIL,” Secretary of State John Kerry said at the beginning of the meeting, using an alternate acronym for ISIS. “They’re an ambitious, avowed, genocidal, territorial-grabbing, caliphate-desiring quasi state with an irregular army, and leaving them in some capacity intact anywhere would leave a cancer in place that will ultimately come back to haunt us.”
Those are tough words from this admin, but does this admin have the stones to back its words? The track record says no, but I truly hope that I'm wrong. It was easily foreseeable that when we precipitously pulled out of Iraq that an ISIS would fill the void. A 12 year old could have predicted it. I would honestly rather have Hillary calling the shots now. I don't think she would lack for stones. Sure W Bush was a bumbler, but he never lacked for stones.

I hope I am wrong here, but when an admin trashes Colin Powell's 'Pottery Barn rule' and stands by while the Yazidi females are sold down the river into sexual slavery, count me a skeptic. I'd love to be surprised to the contrary by this admin backing up words with action.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:53 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,429,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Still thinking inside the box, eh? It is their problem. ISIS views these other mooslim countries as too liberal. They feel like they should be exteme mooslims just like them. If left unchecked ISIS will mount attacks against all of them. But by not getting involved they can at the same time appear to be sympathetic to ISIS and hopefully not draw their ire. Soon tho these Islamist's will consume themselves.
So?

[let them fight each other]

Old 09-06-2014, 03:33 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, I said nothing about rich or poor, only people who refuse to work but still expect government to pay them just like Obama does nothing is being paid over $400k a year. It's will put a fire under welfare dead beat asses to get a job. It's their choice. GET A JOB, minimum 50 hours per pay period of 2 weeks and they won't be drafted.
Could you take your divisive off-topic nonsense elsewhere. Thanks.

Old 09-06-2014, 03:34 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,448,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
And why aren't there any Mooslim countries stepping up and offering to kill this ISIS group? Without their support and involvement this will be an utter failure.
Iraq is offering to kill them, but they need help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies