Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 07:47 AM

1,259 posts, read 828,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
and where are the salary.com facts gathered from? polls? HR? from how many states and regions? I will maintain my stance that BLS is a far more reliable source and the BLS figures were released June this year.
Maybe they are but for 2012 and not 2014.

Salary.com is considered a reliable source of info as they gather data from polling hr departments across the nation.

Quote:
2014 is still in progress, and they work on a lag. BLS is much more conclusive of a figure. Yes they are from 2012 likely because they utilized adequate research and not just some random polls of say 700 people

I cant help that you refuse to believe data released by the very entity you emphatically plead they raise minimum wage more than double
So just admit you're talking about data from 2 years ago... Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 07:49 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
So right now they aren't "living"?

Old 09-16-2014, 07:50 AM

805 posts, read 2,000,724 times
Is it a revelation to you that nearly all stationary jobs mention nowhere on an application that a phone is a requirement?

They CHOOSE to work in a more affluent area. They are not REQUIRED.

And people should be inspired by a story. I encourage anyone to share how they got up from the gutter. If you arent proud of your accomplishments that is your problem. Clearly YOU at the one who is full of themself. And you at yet wrong again. I am not a nurse.
I am not sorry I took my life in my hands and did something rather than sit and wait. I shared my story not for recognition but because of your erroneous claim that our decisions are only a small factor in our life. That life is essentially all chance.

I have not once degraded fast food workers. You called them schmucks not me

Who is the real one out of touch with reality. You cant see reality when it hits you in the face.

Try again

Old 09-16-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Maybe they are but for 2012 and not 2014.

Salary.com is considered a reliable source of info as they gather data from polling hr departments across the nation.

So just admit you're talking about data from 2 years ago... Lol
Just admit your worthless site does not provide sources on its data and is sadly incomplete

Old 09-16-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
nope, but you keep claiming that fast food workers are consistently STARVING TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am say quite the contrary.

Of course, because $1,200 per month or $300 per week should be enough for food, shelter, gas and all other needs one needs to fulfill to hold a job. Sure. Lol what else?

Old 09-16-2014, 07:53 AM

Expenses One can imagine. Or that one has because of NEEDS. Fast food isnt mean as a career path to pay for all your wants.

And yes it is enough. You simply refuse to acknowledge fact. It is enough to eat and rent a room in the majority of america
Fix your broken record

Old 09-16-2014, 07:54 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times
Of course people should be forced to pay above the market value for a service....LOL

That is extortion not employment...

Old 09-16-2014, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Just admit your worthless site does not provide sources on its data and is sadly incomplete
No need to get defensive lol

Here is another website:
Salary: Paramedic | Glassdoor

Are they all lying???? Lol

Old 09-16-2014, 07:55 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
So you propose that those not able to learn a skill other than flipping burgers or man the register should simply be starved to death. Interesting solution. I would say the "final solution" to the problem. Good job.
Waaaa......people that expect you to support yourself are sooooo mean. They want you to dieeeeeee. Talk about taking it to the extreme.

Unless you're mentally handicapped, you are able to learn a skill other than flipping burgers or manning the register.

I propose that those not "willing" to learn a new skill should simply be starved to death. It's been that way since the beginning of time - work to survive or starve.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:57 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
So you want my taxes to subsidize low wages at fast food joints?
No, I want the subsidies to END, so that those MW workers are motivated to go out and better their lot in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies