Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2014, 07:51 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,855,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
With conservative logic, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If you accept minimum wage, VOILA, that is proof you have chosen to accept it.

If you reject minimum wage, you're a lazy shirker who refuses to work.
This is anther Liberal Lie. Most Conservatives are into a satisfying career and making a fair wage for a fair days work. Mim. wage is a start.

If an under achiever wishes to work at Mac to feel safe. He or she will have live with the fact you should not get$15.oo per hour to flip burgers.

If you at least want to be in Food Service, have higher expectations in becoming a Chief?

No it not about Conservatives being cheep. Its under achievers want something for nothing while collecting Gov. Welfare. Believe it or not most employers myself want my employees to have a fair wage.

Bottom line they have to satisfy the business needs before we can even talk about $15.00per hour.

These people want it both ways. sad
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 07:54 PM

1,259 posts, read 823,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
This is anther Liberal Lie. Most Conservatives are into a satisfying career and making a fair wage for a fair days work. Mim. wage is a start.

If an under achiever wishes to work at Mac to feel safe. He or she will have live with the fact you should not get$15.oo per hour to flip burgers.
That's exactly what we are talking about, you can't talk about fast food workers without disrespecting them while I am pretty sure you were not a rocket scientist yourself.

Never disrespect anybody doing any kind of legal work, he is making an effort to get out of poverty. There is plenty of those who don't.

Last edited by random_thoughts; 09-13-2014 at 08:11 PM..

Old 09-13-2014, 07:57 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,334,283 times
everybody here complaining about low wages at walmart and mcdonalds, those are just two of million of employee. you don't have to work ay mickey d's or wally world. go out and get another job.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:02 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,315,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Nothing conservative about it, it is reality. If you accept minimum wage, you accept it. If you reject it and do nothing, then yeah, no one will pity you. However, you can do something that is more valuable to your fellow man. If you cannot do anything that is more valuable for someone else, then you are not worth more than minimum wage. YOU WILL EARN WHAT YOU ARE WORTH TO WHOM YOU SELL YOUR SERVICE OR PRODUCT. What that something is will depend on what your talents and imagination are. Your value is not increased by wishing it so.

I trade (buy/sell) online in a niche worthy of a Freakonomics essay because information is dreadfully incomplete (the bane of economists). I have been building a database with descriptions and actual sale prices for a few thousand unique items - of well over 10,000 unique items for which there is no price guide. With my database, I have identified a number of somewhat valuable items (up to $100 but mostly in the neighborhood of $20 or so) which sometimes sell for low low prices because there is no apparent or obvious value above $5 - the sellers don't know the value and if the sellers don't know, they are unlikely to convey the value to bidders in a listing.

When I buy an item for $5, is it really worth $5...the seller earned $5?

When I flip it for $20, did it abruptly jump in value? All I really did was arbitrage information about the item - often information I obtained from some other seller's listing - somehow it doesn't really feel like hard work or earning.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:05 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,315,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
everybody here complaining about low wages at walmart and mcdonalds, those are just two of million of employee. you don't have to work ay mickey d's or wally world. go out and get another job.

Realistically, there are a finite number of jobs available to any person, and to some people, very few jobs are ever available to them.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:17 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,771,484 times
Quote:
Somebody is going to do those jobs and that's the point. I don't complain about the minimum wage, I complain about companies like Walmart who use our government to supplant their workers income, because they pay low wages.

Last edited by James420; 09-13-2014 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: G

Old 09-13-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Somebody is going to do those jobs and that's the point. I don't complain about the minimum wage, I complain about companies like Walmart who use our government to supplant their workers income, because they pay low wages.
Oh yes. And to make it more interesting these Walmart "employees" who still qualify for food stamps even when working full-time, spend their food stamps at.... Walmart making it even richer. Almost like a Ponzi scheme of sorts. Pure evil genius, isn't it?

Last edited by random_thoughts; 09-13-2014 at 08:43 PM..

Old 09-13-2014, 08:34 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,334,283 times
they not qualifying for food stamps because of walmart, they qualifying because of all the puppies they popping out without getting an education and trade first. for not being responsible for their own action. its not walmart that the problem, its them, theirselves

Old 09-13-2014, 08:44 PM

Another one LOL I agree though that this is not Walmart's problem, its our problem as our taxes subsidize cheap labor for Walmart so the Walton family can get even richer lol

Quote:
they not qualifying for food stamps because of walmart, they qualifying because of all the puppies they popping out without getting an education and trade first. for not being responsible for their own action. its not walmart that the problem, its them, theirselves

Old 09-13-2014, 09:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,738,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
The economy in this country is completely dominated and regulated by the State. Don't let the propaganda get you twisted. Nothing in the controlled market is free from vast devaluation of everything involved due to endless taxation and regulation throughout the entire system.

The only "fair" market is the black market.
I think it is that the economy controlling the state though I can see your point. Is the market free, no because a free market can encourage monopolies sometimes and in the US' case in the turn of the twentieth century, they were as bad as they were. The bailout was a symbiotic relationship where the big banks needed government help but the government needed the big banks or else we would have had another Great Depression. The economy has encouraged laws too like banking legislation rollback in the nineteen-nineties. It is not black and wrote but I think it ids more of the economy controlling government (just look at super-PAC and lobbying power of big business.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies