Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 11:00 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqn9xyuhNXE

Interesting reflections on life growing up in the 1960's as a young black female. Fast forward 50 years and everything has changed.
This video is 44 plus minutes. What point do you want to discuss and at what minute mark is the topic in the video?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 11:01 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Rice helped Bush lie america into the iraq war for which we still pay dearly.
Never has been a bit of evidence showing that there was any lying going on. That's simply another example of the liberal "say something often enough and loud enough and eventually it will catch on" philosophy along with Republicans being racists who hate poor people, there being a war on women, etc.
Quote:
She should be consigned to the dustbin of history along with every other neocon.
On this, I agree 100%.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:37 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Never has been a bit of evidence showing that there was any lying going on.
Blind support for an idiot surrounded by thugs . . . OK, technically I guess it wasn't lying.

It was achievement.

Mission Accomplished, or something.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:26 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz
Condi What exactly is your evidence that Condi Rice had intent to deceive?
She was a social high achiever.

She would do ANYTHING to achieve.

ANYTHING

She followed Colin Powell's example.

Why does she get higher ratings for her lies than Colin?
Huh? First of all, what is a 'social high achiever?' Are there anti-social high achievers? Social low achievers? Isn't anyone who reaches the level of Stanford prof(not to mention a senior WH post) by definition a high achiever?

More importantly, on what planet does being a high achiever constitute evidence of intent to deceive?

Old 09-07-2014, 08:40 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Hardest part for Condi is being an unthinking tape recorder for a bunch of old white guys who had their finger on her play button for 8 years.

I'm not sure she ever had an original thought of her own, everything out of her mouth was scripted. And most of that were lies.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:44 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Hardest part for Condi is being an unthinking tape recorder for a bunch of old white guys who had their finger on her play button for 8 years.

I'm not sure she ever had an original thought of her own, everything out of her mouth was scripted. And most of that were lies.
Of course, it doesn't surprise me at all that you wouldn't believe a black person can think for themselves.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:52 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Of course, it doesn't surprise me at all that you wouldn't believe a black person can think for themselves.
Where did I say that? This woman sold the WMD lie perhaps more than any of the neocons who hatched it. All I ever heard from this woman were blatant lies about Saddams WMD's, and then after we invaded Iraq she went around carrying water for Bush/Cheney/Rummy.

Did she ever express dissatisfaction, doubt, or diverge from their narrative? Not one time.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:21 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It's a wasted effort. There should be absolutely no effort spent on recruiting African Americans to conservative ideals. The Democratic "race industry" is simply too well insulated and they are far to economically and emotionally invested into it. I think I came to this realization after Mitt Romney's attempt to speak to black leaders both in Philadelphia and the NAACP convention, and Rand Paul's recent attempt to speaking with HBCUs.

Instead, Republicans should diversify with other minority groups such as the growing number of Hispanics, Asians (East and Sub-Continent), Middle Easterners, and even Native Americans who are far more open minded.
Exactly right. The black vote is a waste of time. Conservatives will get the black votes worth getting. The ones that want to be pandered to and see racism in every non-Democrat can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:23 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,863,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Huh? First of all, what is a 'social high achiever?' Are there anti-social high achievers? Social low achievers? Isn't anyone who reaches the level of Stanford prof(not to mention a senior WH post) by definition a high achiever?

More importantly, on what planet does being a high achiever constitute evidence of intent to deceive?
High token used for giving credibility to incompetence as a cover for war crimes.

For all of the evil that has come from the Bush family, she can say, "And, I helped."

Shake 'n' Bake, silly mama.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:51 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,350,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
High token used for giving credibility to incompetence as a cover for war crimes.

For all of the evil that has come from the Bush family, she can say, "And, I helped."

Shake 'n' Bake, silly mama.
This is what passes for intelligent discussion in Dem circles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies