Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 10:08 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,016,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
"Davis says they were terminated in the 1990s due to medical reasons. One fetus had developed a devastating brain abnormality, and the other was an ectopic pregnancy, in which an embryo implants outside the uterus.
Still, Davis writes in the campaign memoir, Forgetting to be Afraid, that both are "technically considered an abortion, and doctors have to report it as such."
Which both cases are completely legal and acceptable in Texas.
But, she can keep up the "outrage" on the faux "war on women" here if she likes. That's pretty much her platform, so...

Old 09-06-2014, 10:34 AM

38,611 posts, read 26,251,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Ummm, you realize that "terminate" and "abort" are synonyms, right? They mean the exact same thing genius.

The meanings of words change all the time...just ask the same-sex marriage crowd.

Common usage gives words meaning beyond a dictionary definition.

In the case of "abort" and "terminate", motive is implied.

No one aborts a contract.

You terminate a contract, and this you do only after careful consideration.

If a company I had contracted with to build a product for me began shipping parts incompatible with others or outside design specifications , after careful thought I might regretfully terminate the contract that exists between his company and mine.

After all, it's the only responsible thing to do.

Abort is the word commonly used to describe the act of extracting a fetus from its mother's womb and since almost all abortions are to make a pregnant woman who is pregnant because she didn't use birth control not pregnant, abort implies irresponsibility.

For example, in aviation, a take off might be aborted because only at the last possible moment, something was found to be in error.

Perhaps the wings were not properly configured for take off.

Careful consideration is associated with termination.

A lack of due care is associated with abortion.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:38 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,433,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
It's MURDER regardless to what one calls it.
A woman terminating her pregnancy is called an abortion, and it's legal, while murder is not.

Anti-abortion nutters are simply people who want to tell women what they can, and cannot, do with their own uterus.

It's called control, and people have always wanted control over other people since the dawn of mankind.

So for those who want to tell a woman what she can do with her own body, stick it where the sun don't shine.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:40 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,511,562 times
funny how partisans always start a thread with partisan bashing.

you deserve each other

Old 09-06-2014, 10:41 AM

38,611 posts, read 26,251,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Which both cases are completely legal and acceptable in Texas.
But, she can keep up the "outrage" on the faux "war on women" here if she likes. That's pretty much her platform, so...

Hmmm...so is Wendy advocating abortion in the case of rape, incest, life of the mother and fetal abnormality, or is she advocating abortion on demand and for any reason like, no BC used, sex selection, etc.?

Old 09-06-2014, 10:43 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,473,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
A woman terminating her pregnancy is called an abortion, and it's legal, while murder is not.

Anti-abortion nutters are simply people who want to tell women what they can, and cannot, do with their own uterus.

It's called control, and people have always wanted control over other people since the dawn of mankind.

So for those who want to tell a woman what she can do with her own body, stick it where the sun don't shine.
Same goes for you. It is MURDER whether it is a legal murder or not. A life has been taken.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:45 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,282,321 times
Sure, because all abortions are the result of a lack of due care, except when they're not.

Here's a news flash: some wanted pregnancies are affected by devastating developmental defects, even though the pregnancy was carefully planned, and the mother received excellent prenatal care. Sometimes parents decide to abort those pregnancies, and that decision is entirely appropriate given the circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Same goes for you. It is MURDER whether it is a legal murder or not. A life has been taken.
And?

Old 09-06-2014, 10:49 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,016,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hmmm...so is Wendy advocating abortion in the case of rape, incest, life of the mother and fetal abnormality, or is she advocating abortion on demand and for any reason like, no BC used, sex selection, etc.?
Well from her commercials, the main thing I see her "advocating" lately is that her opponent is just a big bad meanie.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:55 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,427,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Funny how Liberals are always touting abortion rights, free abortions, abortion drugs, abortion clinics, but when it comes to aborting their own, it is called a 'termination'. What? I've never heard termination rights, termination drugs, or termination clinics.

Our abortion darling here in Texas, Wendy Davis now says she "terminated" a birth. Why doesn't she say she aborted, or had an abortion. 'Seems if you are going to filibuster, and run your campaign on the right for women to have abortions, the right for abortion clinics to be open, etc. then you say you had an abortion.

"The unborn baby's heart was “quieted” by her doctor". Really? Call a spade a spade.

Davis discloses terminating pregnancy in her memoir - Houston Chronicle
It doesn't fit their pretty little picture of "choice" (the other word they like to substitute for abortion). The reality of what is really being done is ugly. They think wrapping it in pink bows makes it prettier. Unfortunately, chit stinks even when wrapped in bows.

Quieting the baby's heart sounds better than the doctor killed her. They don't want it to sound like a baby is being killed. Wrap it up in pink bows and people will think it's pretty.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:58 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,282,321 times
Wrong. I was induced, and I delivered intact. I have a stack of photos of myself and my husband holding her. Yes, they're disturbing, but only because of the defect involved, and they're a stark reminder of why it was the right decision to abort the pregnancy. Had you been in my position and chosen to continue a pregnancy affected by the same condition, I would have supported it. I truly believe there is no one right decision when faced with such terrible circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies