Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have as our President?
George W. Bush 123 54.42%
Barack Obama 103 45.58%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 10:00 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times

Advertisements

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.....

Bush & Obama are both on the same team, so neither...
Ron Paul was our only chance at change....
This country is screwed now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 10:36 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let me know if Bush is coming back, and I'll sell my investments and wait for him to destroy the economy again, and then I'll buy my investments back dirt cheap.
How did Bush "destroy the economy?"

Old 09-06-2014, 10:43 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Definitely Obama. Not because he's stellar, but because the people who hate him are an encyclopedia of everything I find loathsome.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:45 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Our country went to hell under Bush, only a fool would want him back in office.
No.
Our country is in liberal hell under obama, and liberal fools put him in office.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Definitely Obama. Not because he's stellar, but because the people who hate him are an encyclopedia of everything I find loathsome.
It's not hate; it's disapproval. Big difference.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:48 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
The thing is, when you present baseless arguments like that, it's really hard to come up with intelligent responses. "Bush just loved his country more." You can't measure that. You have absolutely no way of actually knowing that to be true.
Sure you do. Bush didn't vow to transform the nation. Bush didn't go on an apology tour. Bush didn't disrespect our longtime allies. Bush's wife didn't say she wasn't proud of America. Bush doesn't have an autobiography where he says he intentionally sought out counter-culture people to socialize with. Bush didn't give a speech honoring a Marxist.
Quote:
And he was more supportive of the military? Really? First off, who cares if the president 'supports' the military.
People concerned with national security do.
Quote:
That literally does not matter, especially if he sends them off to babysit an unstable region of the world. Saying he had military experience (which he didn't) is relevant, especially if it was a high ranking position, but just supporting doesn't mean a thing.
Bush was a pilot in the National Guard. That is military experience.

Sending troops off to babysit unstable regions of the world is part of the whole national security thing.
Quote:
Plus, do you know how much acting is involved in the president's job. I can pretty much promise you, neither of them are nearly as patriotic or personable as they try and appear.
I have no doubt of that. However, Bush was not caught outright lying to the American people on a consistent basis like Obama has been. Bush did not threaten to ignore Congress and govern by imperial decree with this pen and phone the way Obama did. Bush did not whine and blame Clinton and Democrats for every problem that ever came up the way Obama did.

Neither Bush nor Obama was a good president, but Bush was clearly a more ethical individual than Obama is.
Quote:
As for who would I rather... ehh. If those are my two options, I think I'll take my chances if Canada until 2016.
I'd prefer neither as well, but the question was which of the two.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Bush did not threaten to ignore Congress and govern by imperial decree with this pen and phone the way Obama did.
Bush threatened to launch the Iraq war whether he got Congressional approval or not.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Bush threatened to launch the Iraq war whether he got Congressional approval or not.
Threatening is not doing.

Also, Clinton ordered bombings in Iraq and Kosovo without Congressional approval.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:58 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Obama is a god send over Bush...

Old 09-06-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Threatening is not doing.

Also, Clinton ordered bombings in Iraq and Kosovo without Congressional approval.
So, I didn't support Clinton either. I think both Clintons are two-legged vermin. And I didn't vote for Obama in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies