Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 10:44 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times

Advertisements

I think of one name for all of these pieces of garbage, and trust me, there's no sly coded words for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There are black on white hate crimes. According to the FBI official statistics they might be in the minority but they do happen. Just like any other crime of this nature the perpetrators should be prosecuted. But don't for a second use this one incident to try and dehumanize all black Americans. There are already sly coded remarks on the thread... These teens are probably hooligans and they need to be arrested for this... Especially if this attack was unprovoked on an innocent bystander.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:56 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,287,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I'm guessing CNN won't spend weeks reporting on this. A horde of teenagers attack a random white guy who is just going to the grocery store. You can see the dozens of teens start running towards the guy, and when he realizes it, he tries running to the store to save himself. Sadly, he never makes it and is beat unconscious right beside the store's door.
The girl filming giggles while filming, "Oooh, they got a white dude." They stomp his head and kick him in the face.

They also beat two stores employees who tried to stop the attack. The employees were also beaten until they were unconscious.

Where's the wall to wall coverage of this? Can we get experts to talk about the dangers of "Walking While White?"

Group of teenagers caught on camera beating man in Kroger parkin - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee
A safe prediction. As these attacks persist, non-black flight will accelerate, flight of middle and upper classes of all races will accelerate, and companies will increase telecommuting options before ultimately relocating nearby but out of city and perhaps county limits. What will remain will be a depressing core, isolated and poor.

It won't be the racism of previous generations for the aggregation of individual decisions to remove oneself from the risks to life posed by feral gangs seeking retribution of one kind or another.

In anther generation, the demographic maps will be even more skewed than they already are and we will be fully balkanized.

S.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:54 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
We'll liberals...you bought em, now they're yours

Old 09-08-2014, 12:09 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
Max Sterling, I stand by my statement. I haven't once apologized for these people. People that i don't even know... In regards to "condemning black behavior" rubbing elbows with conservatives and criticizing the entire black culture over these incidents isn't going to happen with me. Is there room for improvement in the black communities, YES! Are the majority of blacks involved with this type of behavior, NO!

Where we don't see eye to eye is on the root cause of many of these issues and the solution on how to resolve them. There hasn't been a conservative solution to any problem in the black community yet!!! Only dehumanization, marginalization, disenfranchisement, and undervaluing has come from the conservative platform towards blacks...

If conservatives want to talk about the problems in the black communities they need to leave their prejudices at home first. But that hasn't happened and every discussion out of this camp revolves around criticism...
OK, so the liberals don't have any prejudices and therefore aren't held to the same standard as conservatives when it comes to talking and fixing the problems in black communities. Got it.

Why do you think it is the responsibility of conservatives to find solutions to the problems? Why are liberals exempt? Oh, wait.............................because they might actually have played a part in it??

Old 09-08-2014, 12:13 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I wasn't talking about the news. I was talking about what takes place in the forums. BTW, I don't live in Memphis, so I don't know what the news reports on over there.
I don't live in Memphis either, but if it wasn't for CD wouldn't have even heard about this.

Why is that? Not CNN, not Fox, not MSNBC, or the local news here has covered this.

Why is that?

Also clicked on the link provided by the OP and the article never mentioned the fact that a white guy was attacked by a black mob.

Why is that?

Old 09-08-2014, 12:17 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
They are all good kids that needed to blow off steam on the way home from bible school! College bound and no priors here so move along!

Old 09-08-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
We should definitely arrest and lock up anyone who beats up innocent people. I don't think any of us have ever not said that as much as we can. However, the race vigilantes and other sheet-wearing hatemongers here and elsewhere use these types of incidents to justify their continued dehumanization of black people in general, and that is extremely dangerous to all of us.
And exactly how do you portray these types of incidents? These types of incidents are not rare or random. Are those that create and partake in such incidents "victims"? When you have kids travelling in packs and beating up one individual or playing the knock out game, or rampaging through stores, what is it that you expect people to think??

It is the actions of the individuals, such as in this case, that are dehumanizing their own race.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Been waiting almost half a century for a set of Republican alternatives or solutions, and all I get is insulted by a party that claims to have my best interests in mind. No thanks.
And exactly what have the democrats done to come up with alternatives or solutions? Black people were given a choice - pathways were opened for opportunities or stay uneducated and depend on government. Typical Democratic thinking is to blame someone for your own shortcomings.

Why is it the responsibility of one party and not BOTH parties?

Old 09-08-2014, 12:36 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Where we don't see eye to eye is on the root cause of many of these issues and the solution on how to resolve them. There hasn't been a conservative solution to any problem in the black community yet!!! Only dehumanization, marginalization, disenfranchisement, and undervaluing has come from the conservative platform towards blacks...

No, there hasn't been a conservative solution. But there hasn't been a liberal solution either. Neither side of the aisle has any interest or desire to solve any problems in the black community. Take a look at the violence perpetrated by large numbers of blacks in some cities. Look at school test scores. Look at single parenthood numbers. Look at unemployment numbers. Look at the violence that so many inncocents are forced to live under on a daily basis. Just in those five sentences you have crime and incarceration, lack of personal safety, education, parenting and job issues.

The government (any government - all government) has no ability and no desire to solve any issues within the black community. They can't improve test scores. They can't force fathers to be fathers. They can't improve unemployment numbers or provide decent paying and quality jobs. They can't figure out how to stop black kids from killing black kids. They can't figure out how to keep little kids safe while they sleep in their own beds. And I would put to you that dehumanization, marginalization, disenfranchisement and undervaluing the needs of blacks is one place that is truly bi-partisan.

The true power of this country is not the corrupt and self-interested politicians of government. It is the strength and resiliance and determination of the citizens of this country to fight for what is important that is historically the strength of this nation. Only - apparently - the issues facing the black community don't appear to be important enough to fight for yet.........

If there are any solutions to be found it will not be found in the government. All the government is doing (and has been doing for decades) is increasing the number of wards of the state. Increasing the number of people who depend on Daddy Government to feed them, house them, clothe them, hand them money. I would say that treating grown adults as if they were helpless children who are incapable of helping themselves or fending for themselves or becoming masters of their own lives is the true disenfranchisement.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:43 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Quote:
Max Sterling, I stand by my statement. I haven't once apologized for these people. People that i don't even know... In regards to "condemning black behavior" rubbing elbows with conservatives and criticizing the entire black culture over these incidents isn't going to happen with me. Is there room for improvement in the black communities, YES! Are the majority of blacks involved with this type of behavior, NO!

If conservatives want to talk about the problems in the black communities they need to leave their prejudices at home first. But that hasn't happened and every discussion out of this camp revolves around criticism...
Its not improvement that is needed in black communities, its an entire shift in behavior that's required if blacks really want to lower their crime rates for the longterm. And again saying the 'majority' of blacks aren't involved is meaningless and I will explain that below.

Also we already know the root cause of most of these problems and its mostly from bad parenting from bad black parents. Black babies aren't born speaking ebonics nor are they likely born violent coming out of the womb. So what causes them to turn that way? Bad parenting. The failure of many blacks to either not have babies in the first place when they're not ready or if they do have kids, the failure to raise them properly to be decent human beings. Plain and simple.

And also I'm NOT a conservative nor have I ever supported the Republican party.

Quote:
We should definitely arrest and lock up anyone who beats up innocent people. I don't think any of us have ever not said that as much as we can. However, the race vigilantes and other sheet-wearing hatemongers here and elsewhere use these types of incidents to justify their continued dehumanization of black people in general, and that is extremely dangerous to all of us.
Nobody has to go out and dehumanize black people because THEY DEHUMANIZE THEMSELVES BY THEIR BEHAVIOR. As I've said numerous times before, do you really believe most people who dislike blacks and complain about them do so just because they're black? I'm sure there are some that do that, but don't you think the more logical and more reasonable explaination is that over many years non-blacks have either read or have experienced first hand bad black behavior and have then developed negative feelings towards them based on those interactions?

What reason is there to hate on blacks over hating over asians or indians or latinos or any other ethnic group of people? Why would people specifically choose to dislike blacks over all those other people?

Don't you think its how blacks behave compared to all those other non-black groups that make many people dislike blacks? That seems much more logical to me than simply saying 'People hate blacks for their skin color'.

Quote:
What makes me sad and angry is your lack of basic logic. We know that, say, 99% of blacks do not commit this sort of crime, yet you continue to blame all approximately 44.5 million blacks in this country for this. What were you saying about getting your crap together?
No matter how many times I see it, it still amazes me that many people here on CD can't seem to understand statistics, facts and extremely basic math.

Let me explain why you're wrong with your numbers. You claim 99% of blacks don't commit this sort of crime therefore the majority of blacks aren't violent or criminal and therefore I'm wrong. But the thing is considering there's about a million blacks or close to it sitting in jail right now, that's over 2% of black population right there which means your claim that 99% of blacks aren't violent or criminal is already proven wrong.

But putting that aside, people like you who keep saying 'the majority of blacks don't behave like this, or 99% of blacks aren't criminals etc' is simply covering up the high rates of crime and violence that blacks commit in the US.

Here's why saying 99%, 98%, 95% or some other high number of blacks not being violent or criminal is meaningless.

Honduras is known as the country with the highest murder rate on the planet at something like 90 murders per 100,000. According to Wiki there was close to 7200 murders among a population of about 8.2 million in 2012.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now assume for a moment that each of these 7200 murders involved at least 3 perpetrators which means about 22,000 people rounded up were involved in murdering someone. Now look at the math:

22000 murder suspects/8.2 million people = 0.268% of Hondurans involved in murder

So going by your logic, considering less than 1/5th of a percent of Hondurans were involved in murdering someone, Honduras should be an extremely safe place don't you think? But as we all know that isn't the case.

And that's the point I'm trying to drive home and make people like you to understand that its absolutely MEANINGLESS to make the statement that 95% of blacks aren't involved in murder or criminal activity and therefore we can conclude that black people aren't that violent is incorrect. I mean if even the country with the highest murder rate on the planet can truthfully make the claim that 99% of its citizens aren't involved in murder, then don't you think a different measure for crime is needed?

That's why the RATE at which crime is committed matters. And by using rates of crime we can clearly see that although blacks in the US don't commit crime and murder at anywhere near the levels that Hondurans do, they clearly commit more crime that any other ethnic group of people in the US BY FAR and that's why people have negative stereotypes of blacks. And many non-blacks probably feel this way more than ever now when there's a constant flow of black on non-black violence like what's seen in this video where blacks choose to assault non-blacks for no rhyhm or reason other than for sh$ts and giggles and their own amusement.

You tell me just as how black people can get angry about a cop shooting down an unarmed black teen, how can non-blacks not get angry about seeing story after story, video after video of blacks randomly assaulting and sometimes even seriously injuring or killing non-blacks for no apparent reason and then not form a negative opinion on black people? Its too bad for the decent black people out there, but when blacks keep doing crap like this all over the country, people are going to generalize towards you and not in a good way.

Last edited by Max Sterling; 09-08-2014 at 12:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies