Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 06:05 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Better than nothing...won't stop Israel's genocide of the Palestinians though. Saddam Hussein violated a few UN sanctions Israel has broken hundreds and nothing is ever done...they just pull the anti semitism card any time someone starts criticizing their actions.
Yea right. A. There never was a race of Palestinians, that was just the name the Turk & British Ottoman
Empire hung on the region. B. If you want genocide look no further than the as-holes that put bombs
on buses & kidnap, then kill children all while firing rockets into populated areas. And C. What the hell does a Sunni dictator (an Arab as well) have to do with (or compare with) the State of Israel ? And on
top of all that, show me the hundreds of UN sanctions by the UN. Show me the data on that. Maybe I
could change my mind........

Back on topic, I think that's a fantastic idea. They could garner international support on that. I think it's
something that should be put to a vote in Gaza, but, I doubt Hamas will let it get that far.....

Old 09-08-2014, 06:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Yea right. A. There never was a race of Palestinians, that was just the name the Turk & British Ottoman
Empire hung on the region. B. If you want genocide look no further than the as-holes that put bombs
on buses & kidnap, then kill children all while firing rockets into populated areas. And C. What the hell does a Sunni dictator (an Arab as well) have to do with (or compare with) the State of Israel ? And on
top of all that, show me the hundreds of UN sanctions by the UN. Show me the data on that. Maybe I
could change my mind........

Back on topic, I think that's a fantastic idea. They could garner international support on that. I think it's
something that should be put to a vote in Gaza, but, I doubt Hamas will let it get that far.....
There was no such nation as Israel either. That didn't preclude the international community from approving one. That land has had a gajillion tribes on it dating back BEFORE the Old Testament.

But i do agree that this is a great idea.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:55 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There was no such nation as Israel either. That didn't preclude the international community from approving one. That land has had a gajillion tribes on it dating back BEFORE the Old Testament.

But i do agree that this is a great idea.
I'm sure you know history better than that.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:22 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,883,560 times
It's a way for the Egyptians to retain control of the Suez canal and the (relatively small but present) oil/gas in the peninsula while making some of the Bedouin (who will NOT be happy about this and the Egyptian government hasn't really been getting along with for a while) someone else's problem.

Kind of brilliant from the Egyptian perspective. Not really sure whether it would be a good thing or a bad thing for the Israelis or the Palestinians. Very bad thing for the Bedouin.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I'm sure you know history better than that.
Really? Before 1948, when was there some nation called Israel? You wanna start talking about 3000 years ago?

LMAO...please. If you wanna go that route.....

Old 09-08-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Really? Before 1948, when was there some nation called Israel? You wanna start talking about 3000 years ago?

So you get to pick which dates count?

Old 09-08-2014, 08:36 PM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,682 times
Quote:

We don't agree on much, but I will concede that point. I mean it not like going out for the weekend and finding squatters living in your house.

Although it should be noted that a majority of Palestinians are descended from Arabs that migrated from other parts of the Levant around the same time as the early Zionists.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
So you get to pick which dates count?
That's not what i'm saying...

But keep it real. Modern history is the only history that matters. That Jews had some land and called it Israel back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth doesn't mean anything to me. So what? Does every other tribe on this planet have a 3k year land claim? Be serious. The Jews themselves believe that THEY took it from other groups that probably considered themselves "nations."

I believe that Israel has a right to that strip of land insofar as they can hold and defend it. I've said that before, and i mean it. When they can no longer do that, they have no right to it. And to be fair, i believe that to be the case for EVERY country.

That doesn't mean that i want them pushed off the land or any harm to come to them...but take, hold and defend has always been how it works.

If the Palestinians find themselves able to take the land in the morning, then THEY have a right to it so long as they can hold and defend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
We don't agree on much, but I will concede that point. I mean it not like going out for the weekend and finding squatters living in your house.

Although it should be noted that a majority of Palestinians are descended from Arabs that migrated from other parts of the Levant around the same time as the early Zionists.
I don't even think Arabs and Jews are different people to be real with you. A chromosome here or there might be different, but they're probably descended from the same person.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
That's not what i'm saying...

But keep it real. Modern history is the only history that matters. That Jews had some land and called it Israel back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth doesn't mean anything to me. So what? Does every other tribe on this planet have a 3k year land claim? Be serious. The Jews themselves believe that THEY took it from other groups that probably considered themselves "nations."

I believe that Israel has a right to that strip of land insofar as they can hold and defend it. I've said that before, and i mean it. When they can no longer do that, they have no right to it. And to be fair, i believe that to be the case for EVERY country.

That doesn't mean that i want them pushed off the land or any harm to come to them...but take, hold and defend has always been how it works.

If the Palestinians find themselves able to take the land in the morning, then THEY have a right to it so long as they can hold and defend it.
Ok fair enough. I agree with all that. Just like I don't think the US should give all the land back to Native Americans and/or Mexicans, the "right of return" is complete garbage.

However, when you speak in absolutes (i.e. there never was a nation called Israel prior to 1948) then I'm going to point out that it's not the case if it isn't true.

Quote:
I don't even think Arabs and Jews are different people to be real with you. A chromosome here or there might be different, but they're probably descended from the same person.
Genetically they are probably extremely similar (especially Sephardic Jews). However, culturally, they clearly are not and for the current conflict I think that's much more important to all the players involved.

Old 09-08-2014, 10:48 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
I'm all for al-Sisi doing whatever he likes to help the Palestinians, but I don't think they will, or should, give up their struggle to reclaim Palestine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies