Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 04:57 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,451,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
I consider my self a pro life,pro 2nd amendment,anti immigration democrat. Life experience is what lead me to these views I have...Democrats like Sanders are the lesser of 2 evils and although they may be fighting for big corporations they do throw a few pieces to us working folks.Republicans don't.
Yes, they throw nothing to you. Except the right to work without being forced to join a union, lower taxes so you can keep more of your money, school vouchers so you get more choice about education, pro-business policies so you'll more and better paying jobs, support for domestic energy production so prices will be lower and it will cost less to heat your home and run your utilities, lower deficits so your children will grow up saddled with less debt, more choice in what health insurance you want to have, etc. Yes, Republicans do nothing for you.
Quote:
I also see how Western Europe is run. I would LOVE to have nations like that...yeah taxes are high but they spend it on their citizens.
Perhaps because they have a tiny number of citizens compared to the United States. It's not a coincidence that everywhere social democracy works the population, infrastructure, and geography are a third the size of America. For the life of me, I don't get why people seem completely unable to comprehend that. The entire population of the nation of Denmark is smaller than just New York City's population alone.
Quote:
I hate America being one of 4 nations with no maternity leave for their women...that's pathetic. Its just the tip of the iceberg though.
But I bet you don't hate all of the technological innovations and medical science breakthroughs that have resulted from America's polices that encourage hard work and competition instead of the massive dependency enabling welfare states of Europe that have been stagnant for a century.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:28 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,263,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
It fell down a well you drilled?
I never make any money.....just ask the IRS.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:57 AM

17,390 posts, read 11,928,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I create wealth for my employer and my landlord; who expropriate all the wealth I create.
You pay for a service. Whether they get wealthy or not from it is their concern. What they do with that income is their concern.

You get money from your employer. Should they resent that you expropriate the income they provide? It's none of their business what you do with your money.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:17 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,384,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Ask France how their "wealth tax" is workin' out.
If the goal was to get rid of the rich, it's working.
No, its not. Millionaire tax flight is a myth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
What right do you have to someone else's money???
Money is legal tender made up by the government. It isn't "your money." Taxation is destruction of currency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why do lefties continue to vote for them then?
Democrats are better than anything the Republican party will ever come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
We already have an effective wealth tax.

Rate of inflation x capital gains tax % = effective wealth tax. Given inflation of 2.5% and capital gains tax for 20% for example that creates an effective 0.5% wealth tax.

Inflation is not a tax. Capital gains are taxed less than ordinary income.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes, they throw nothing to you. Except the right to work without being forced to join a union, lower taxes so you can keep more of your money, school vouchers so you get more choice about education, pro-business policies so you'll more and better paying jobs, support for domestic energy production so prices will be lower and it will cost less to heat your home and run your utilities, lower deficits so your children will grow up saddled with less debt, more choice in what health insurance you want to have, etc. Yes, Republicans do nothing for you.
Yes, you should have the right to be stupid and accept a lower wage from your corporate goons.

School vouchers are a stepping stone to private education; which leads to subsidized losses. What a nifty strain on our welfare system....

"Pro-business" means pro-fascism. It means lets grope business owners while they run this country into the ground.

Domestic energy production should be renewable sources.

Republicans contribute to the debt far more than democrats have! Even still, your children don't "pay" for that debt. They pay for the tax cuts that created nothing for their generation.

Quote:
Perhaps because they have a tiny number of citizens compared to the United States. It's not a coincidence that everywhere social democracy works the population, infrastructure, and geography are a third the size of America. For the life of me, I don't get why people seem completely unable to comprehend that. The entire population of the nation of Denmark is smaller than just New York City's population alone.
Size of country is irrelevant.

Quote:
But I bet you don't hate all of the technological innovations and medical science breakthroughs that have resulted from America's polices that encourage hard work and competition instead of the massive dependency enabling welfare states of Europe that have been stagnant for a century.
Medical innovation has never been exclusive to America.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No, its not. Millionaire tax flight is a myth.

Money is legal tender made up by the government. It isn't "your money." Taxation is destruction of currency.

Democrats are better than anything the Republican party will ever come up with.

Inflation is not a tax. Capital gains are taxed less than ordinary income.
Oh....it is my money....just try and take any of it.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Oh....it is my money....just try and take any of it.
I don't have to try to do anything.

Go ahead and not pay taxes and see what happens.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I don't have to try to do anything.

Go ahead and not pay taxes and see what happens.
Nothing happens.

I file every year.....and do not pay.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Nothing happens.

I file every year.....and do not pay.
I rest my case.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
I rest my case.
What case.....did you have a point????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies