Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 10:51 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,304,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Most blacks in the downtown area don't have issues with Korean Americans. Most of the hostility towards Koreans Americans is toward shop owners that disrespect the black community...
What exactly do the Koreans do to "disrespect" the "black community"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 04:42 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,587,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Work, be successful, know who their fathers are...it's all very offensive to the locals.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:30 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Because they have the freedom of speech to say what they want, with very narrow restrictions.
Are you familiar with the term "fighting words"? It's actually a legal term where basically punching someone in the face is Okey-Dokey. Buzz Alrdrin did this to a moon landing was fake guy that ambushed him and called him a liar blah blah blah.

We have a lot of people around this fine website that seem to think that any reaction to a persons speech, no matter what it is....is somehow a 1A violation....and it isn't.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:56 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,118,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm not talking about all Korean Americans but only specific shop owners. My comment is mostly directed towards those that start businesses in the black community, are rude to customers, looks down upon black in south LA, while at the same time taking their profits back to Westminster & other places. That's the disrespect I'm talking about.

And before you bring up others that might do the same thing (including blacks themselves) note that my statement isn't all inclusive...

Old 09-14-2014, 12:05 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,384,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have never actually heard a person say that in real life, only in the movies or " someone told me one time that".
Really? Go ride the DC metro, specifically anything that stops at Gallery Place-China Town or the Green/Yellow Line, or go hand out downtown in the evening at places like Adams Morgan, you will hear blacks throw these two words around all of the time.

While you are at it, venture out to some metro station entrances and you get to hear some group of blacks yelling on a loud speaker how whites are evil and the Bible says they should all be killed.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:08 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,384,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Go ahead and try it and tell everyone what the outcome was...
What are you implying the outcome will be? That yet another black person cannot act civilized, thus acts in an aggressive manner, this time assault, and goes to jail?

It is amazing all the white people that ignore the groups of blacks in the DC area standing there, yelling on loud speakers that whites are evil and should be killed.

It is shameful that you think so lowly of blacks, that you assume they all will break the law by way of assault over some words. This is truly an uncivilized stereotype you have applied to blacks. Truth is, most blacks if spoken to with racial terminology, would simply ignore it, or at least only confront the individual in a civilized manner.

Old 09-14-2014, 12:31 PM

24,328 posts, read 17,065,160 times
And the teacher allows this to go on in her classroom?

Old 09-14-2014, 12:45 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,522,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Good for that woman. If I ever taught school, the N word would never be acceptable from anyone, no matter what race or ethnicity that person was. I would never tolerate it. School is no place for that.
That would require a Bot to actually work.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:12 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,763,020 times
Oh, please. Every black kid in my school said n---- on a regular basis and that never stopped me from getting the education I needed. The mother sounds like she has a chip on her shoulder.

This issue is not about the word itself nor the culture of the people who use it. If it's any real issue at all, it may be that this young man was bullied and the fact that his teachers allowed it to go on.

Old 09-14-2014, 02:29 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,118,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
What are you implying the outcome will be? That yet another black person cannot act civilized, thus acts in an aggressive manner, this time assault, and goes to jail?

It is amazing all the white people that ignore the groups of blacks in the DC area standing there, yelling on loud speakers that whites are evil and should be killed.

It is shameful that you think so lowly of blacks, that you assume they all will break the law by way of assault over some words. This is truly an uncivilized stereotype you have applied to blacks. Truth is, most blacks if spoken to with racial terminology, would simply ignore it, or at least only confront the individual in a civilized manner.
k350, it seems that you have quite a bit of storm front type opinions. My statement doesn't have any hidden meanings, agendas or anything else. It can be taken at face value. Personally I don't shed tears for people being put in their place for spewing ignorance... You can save the racist slick talk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies