Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 01:12 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Well there you have it, folks. The Bishop of AGW has spoken. 30 years of data is proof of climate change. Only 13 years to go, and even he will have to admit the earth is no longer warming

BTW, today I went to an exhibit at a local venue featuring Dinosaurs of the Eocene. I walked in and the room was empty. I wonder why ...
Well at least I'm living in the correct century....1850 was the 19th century Mr. smart guy..... What I said was that 30 years of constant above average temperature is NOT weather, and if it is not weather it means the climate is warming....You can scream and shout that it is not warming all you want, but that will not change the facts.

I can understand people debating the cause of that warming, but to deny it or claim that it is cooling puts you in the flat earth society.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:15 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
I will also disqualify myself since I am not a qualified climate scientist.
Could become a thing but then there'd a lot less threads.
I would be happy with a lot less threads on climate change in here because they all look like this, people from the Flat Earth Society posting the same threads over and over trying to prove global warming isn't real without relying on any facts, just going off their own "beliefs."

Old 09-09-2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Yeah and you and your ilk continue to deny that your 97 percent consensus number has been proven to be false time and time again.
Oh is that what your puppet masters tell you? The consensus has changed to over 99% in agreement with the science.

Old 09-09-2014, 01:18 AM

Quote:
In other words, you are totally unqualified to say anything at all about climate change, since you are not a qualified climate scientist.
Not true...Even you can read a thermometer, or can you?

Old 09-09-2014, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
I will also disqualify myself since I am not a qualified climate scientist.
Could become a thing but then there'd a lot less threads.
If we all had to be qualified on whatever subject we discuss, then that would be the end of city data.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:08 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
There is climate and then there is weather.
Both change.
The question is : What is the driving source of that change?
The alarmists say it is man.
The skeptics say no, it's not man.

Arguing about the change is one thing.
Failing to accurately identify the real driving force is another.

My money is on that variable fusion reactor, 93 million miles that-a-way.

FWIW, if the "catastrophic" climate change is both manmade and inescapable, how does taxing carbon and marketing carbon credits resolve the problem, other than make certain insiders filthy rich?
=> Consider that the automobile / petroleum / pavement infrastructure hegemony has not been replaced with the far more efficient, space saving and less polluting electric traction steel wheel on steel rail (i.e., railroad) as the dominant form of land transportation.
=> Consider that new housing is being constructed in compliance with bureaucratic rules, enforcing mediocrity, which ignores superinsulation, frugality, resiliency and other conservation methods that would reduce the consumption of fuel and resources.

When the "smart money" moves from their vulnerable, resource wasting residences, to disaster resistant, autonomous, and resilient homes, it would be an irrefutable indication that "something" is afoot, and we're in for a "rough ride."

Old 09-09-2014, 02:20 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Arguing about the change is one thing.
Failing to accurately identify the real driving force is another.

My money is on that variable fusion reactor, 93 million miles that-a-way.

Well, that would help explain the "warming" on
Venus and Mars, but that would be too obvious.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:55 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"One key piece of information that's usually omitted when discussing this subject is that the overall warming of the entire climate system has continued rapidly over the past 15 years, even faster than the 15 years before that."

"The IPCC attributes the recent slowing of surface temperatures to a combination of external and internal climate factors. For example, solar activity has been relatively low and volcanic activity has been relatively high, causing less solar energy to reach the Earth's surface. At the same time, we're in the midst of cool ocean cycle phases, for example with a preponderance of La Niña events since 1999."

According to your article, the overall warming of the entire climate system has continued rapidly, yet we're in the midst of cool ocean cycle phases.

Well, which is it?
They're not mutually exclusive, so your question has no meaning.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:14 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Funny how if there is no global warming, why are coastal communities spending billions combating rising sea levels and flooding is occurring on unprecedented levels.

Reuters - Water's edge: the crisis of rising sea levels
So, you are saying that sea levels are static?

There is a cave, I believe off of the French coast, that is something like 100 feet underwater that has ancient cave art.

Do you believe:
1. Ancient man had scuba gear.
2. The sea level has risen 100 feet since industrialization.
3. The Koch brothers built the cave in some lame attempt to discredit Al Gore.

Edit: Found it.

The Cave Art Paintings of the Cosquer Cave in France

It's 115 feet underwater.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not true...Even you can read a thermometer, or can you?
So you admit that one need not be a qualified climate so called scientist to read and develop an informed analysis. Which means that the science is NOT settled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies