Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 10:22 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
And most of them would be necessarily physical. If a woman were physically assaulting me, I would flatten her out, however, if it were my fiancé, I would wrestle her to the ground until she calmed down or someone helped me and then I would break off the relationship.
What a wimp. Are you saying you can't defend yourself against a woman without punching her out. And then you would need help to wrestle her to the ground without help lol

Old 09-11-2014, 12:26 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Ray Rice is tiny.

He does not weigh 250 pounds by any stretch of the imagination. I've met him, and at 5'8" (me) I'm taller than he is. He might be a buck 75 if he's lucky.

She came at him. Had he been a chick and Janay done the same and got her behind knocked out by a girl?

There would be zero discussion.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:10 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
... WHAT good decisions?

The only real positive thing I can think of when it comes to him being NFL Commissioner is at least trying to cut down on concussions.

That's... about... it.
Don't forget changing the overtime rules. That was one of the best changes in recent memory. Also creating the retired players funds.

$44 million NFL man: Why Roger Goodell is worth every penny | Communities Digital News

I mean seriously, the guy has done quite a bit for the business of football. Remove the Rice thing, which is hardly a reflection on him or the NFL in reality. He's made the sport safer, while marketing the snot out of it, which benefits the players.

It's not like Penn State blatantly covering up pedophile coaches for decades.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Ray Rice is tiny.

He does not weigh 250 pounds by any stretch of the imagination. I've met him, and at 5'8" (me) I'm taller than he is. He might be a buck 75 if he's lucky.

She came at him. Had he been a chick and Janay done the same and got her behind knocked out by a girl?

There would be zero discussion.
Ray Rice #27 RB
Baltimore Ravens | Official Team Site
Height: 5-8 Weight: 206 Age: 27

Tiny?

Are you sure you actually met him? Please consider he benches 400lbs! Can you honestly make the "if this was a woman" argument and expect to be taken seriously?

175lb RB?

Last edited by steven_h; 09-11-2014 at 01:32 AM..

Old 09-11-2014, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by steven_h
That chicken has roosted and now he's an EX NFL player, and who knows if he actually is rich. He's only a 4-5 year player, so I'd bet odds are good he did a lot more spending than saving or investing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Ray Rice is a 7 year player. He made 3.2 million on his rookie contract. He signed a 35 million dollar contract in 2012 that came with 22 million in guaranteed money and paid him 3 million combine salary for 2012 and 2013.

So, since 2008, Ray Rice has collected 28.2 million dollars from the Ravens. I'm sure he also made several other million in sponsorship deals (Nike dropped him today). Me guess is he's not broke.
Ray Rice Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Apparently he's blown through quite a bit of his salary and endorsement money.

Net Worth estimates he's worth $14M... while not poor by any stretch, he better get a good money manager and make some wise investments, or he'll be another broke ex-athlete within a decade.

P.S. Madden NFL 15 has dropped his player from the game as well.

He REALLY REALLY screwed his fairytale future up

P.S. he's a 6 year player... 2014 is history, and he gave back $10M+

Old 09-11-2014, 06:16 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Don't forget changing the overtime rules. That was one of the best changes in recent memory. Also creating the retired players funds.

$44 million NFL man: Why Roger Goodell is worth every penny | Communities Digital News

I mean seriously, the guy has done quite a bit for the business of football. Remove the Rice thing, which is hardly a reflection on him or the NFL in reality. He's made the sport safer, while marketing the snot out of it, which benefits the players.

It's not like Penn State blatantly covering up pedophile coaches for decades.

Trust me, Goodell is not the only qualified individual on planet earth for the position.
He should be removed promptly- certainly he has made tremendous headway however the league will certainly survive without him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies