Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 02:27 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I have no strong feelings either way, about the same as if I heard that one of the Five Guys or Pep Boys died.
I am in the same boat, definitely a long life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 02:31 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,051,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Sadly there is an element of the Progressive movement who are really disgusting people. The irony is lost on them that by celebrating his death because he had different beliefs than the do, it's they who need to embrace diversity & tolerance, not him.

Well said, it's another case by those that say "If you don't believe the way I do, you're wrong" ! A lot of that going around these days.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:54 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Sadly there is an element of the Progressive movement who are really disgusting people. The irony is lost on them that by celebrating his death because he had different beliefs than the do, it's they who need to embrace diversity & tolerance, not him.
Well that is just a silly thing to say, so you give the one you agree with a pass for being intolerant of others, but when someone gets upset about that intolerance, you feel the need to blame the one getting upset?

Also, in this world of mass media, it isn't just "progressives" that can be disgusting people, it is just about anyone with an internet connection that can be disgusting. Things like Twitter bring out the worst qualities in any person regardless of their political beliefs.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:03 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,887 times
Why is this news? Was he suppose to live forever ?

Old 09-09-2014, 03:18 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Before you sit down to eat a meal anywhere do you ask what the cook's political beliefs are?

If anyone knew the personal beliefs of every chef who prepares a meal for you, every person who touches your food from farm to table, I bet nobody would eat.

I couldn't care less what the owner of Chick-Fil-A's political beliefs are. They are his alone.

Moreover, now that he's crossed over into eternity, he knows what the purpose of life is, and the answers to everything.

I wish him a good rest for all the jobs he's created and people his company has provided for.

I can't wait till they open up more restaurants.
Well said and I agree 100%.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:30 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Just beacaue he may have different beliefs than me doesn't mean I don't respect him and what he accomplished, especially how he treated his workers compared to other fast food restaurants and other business owners. The world needs more guys like him.

RIP.
Well, I'm not going to disparage the man, but when someone's "beliefs" cross over to "taking action against me", then that crosses a line. CFA used its profits to support organizations that are extremely hostile to gay people. Now they've become some "anti-gay evangelical poster child" because the owner doesn't like gay people. I would certainly never spend money at a business that uses that money to turn around and actively try to restrict my rights.

Why any business that serves the general public makes their personal social and political views public is beyond me. Seems like bad business to alienate potential customers.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:33 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
Starting from nothing, building a business upon enduring principles, from which he never swayed, and giving back to the community. Provided employment and opportunity to thousands, over six decades. It is why Mr Cathy mattered, matters and will always matter. His was a life uncommon. There are too few who meet these criterion. Far too few.

While we see vacillation, situational ethics twisted for convenience and evolving viewpoints based upon public opinion; to trust in and to follow a set of principles, for the entirety of one's life, is refreshing.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:39 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
I hope they keep closed on Sundays.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:40 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I hope they keep closed on Sundays.

Thats the only day I want to eat Chic-fil-a

Its asinine to close down on Sunday. The Sabbath is on Saturday.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-15-2014 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: flaming

Old 09-09-2014, 03:46 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
93 years old. He lived a good life and was quite successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies