Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 06:07 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
So a distraught woman was taken advantage of by the gun control nutcases at the Brady Center and she is suing the gun shop who sold legit guns to a legit buyer who then turned around and sold them to a criminal....idiocy....just true idiocy...Judge should throw this crap out asap...has no standing.
If the purchaser was getting guns to criminals, he should also be held accountable along with the perpetrator. I hope that the gun shop owner is able to sue the Brady Center for the legal fees he will have to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 06:07 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
If it's a tasteless and boorish lie, why'd you tell it?
Because, if you don't agree then you wished the poor man dead.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:34 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
What a stupid lie. And you know it's a lie.

If he wasn't a CRIMINAL there wouldn't be a crime.
There are already 2 criminals, there could be a 3rd and that will be decided.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:38 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
So a distraught woman was taken advantage of by the gun control nutcases at the Brady Center and she is suing the gun shop who sold legit guns to a legit buyer who then turned around and sold them to a criminal....idiocy....just true idiocy...Judge should throw this crap out asap...has no standing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The responsibility lies solely with the perpetrator. Sounds like widow is looking for a pay day. Shameful.
Quote:
The widow should be suing the guy who did the killing.

Suing anyone else is pure fraud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Exactly. Why not just sue th perpetrator. Oh wait, he doesn't have a pot to **** in.
^^^^ agree with all the above!

Old 09-10-2014, 02:33 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
The only way the owner should bear any responsibility is if it can be proven that he knew he was selling to a straw purchaser, and good luck proving that one.

If I go and buy knives from Wal-Mart every week and hand them out to gang bangers, should Wal-Mart be held liable if one of those knives kills someone? Same difference. Both are legal products being sold to someone who is legally eligible to own them.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:53 AM

46,287 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Thomas ambushed both Fox and his K-9 partner, Nick, and shot them both.[LEFT]

[/LEFT]
The dude AMBUSHED the cop...

/thread

Old 09-10-2014, 07:21 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Purchasing 9 guns in 14 weeks should have received some attention but I don't believe that is the case in the current system. Maybe the gun store owner wasn't but if that isn't the case then the system is to blame, we will find out in court.

Either way gun store oversight needs to increased along with national records.

Slain Officer's Widow Sues Gun Dealer Over Husband's Death | NBC 10 Philadelphia
"The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence' You couldn't have pick a more biased organization.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:45 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
No he would have had to bludgeon him to death with a bat, stab him right in his jack-booted face, or maybe just knock him down and crush his skull with his foot. A murderer is a murderer. That is the criminal. Not the bat maker, the knife manufacturer, or the boot manufacturer.
You would think that, but in this society filled with idiocracy the blame always get's placed elsewhere..

Old 09-10-2014, 08:50 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
You don't think a straw purchaser is part of the crime, or possible a gun shop owner that had knowledge that this was a purchase for another individual.

If he never had a gun there wouldn't be a crime.
Stop using emotion to make your decisions. "if he never had a gun there wouldn't be a crime" , do you realize how ridiculous that is ? Riddle me this, what if the perp used his fist to kill the guy ? Using your logic, if he had only been born without hands there would be no crime... Come on, stop focusing on the thing we can all see you hate , the firearm and put the focus where it needs to be on the criminal.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:03 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
You don't think a straw purchaser is part of the crime, or possible a gun shop owner that had knowledge that this was a purchase for another individual.

If he never had a gun there wouldn't be a crime.
How does the gun shop owner know a person's intent unless said person tells him? I know many gun owners who buy guns in the numbers described in the OP. None of these people break the law or commit crimes. I bought 3 22 caliber rifles in one afternoon. 1 for each of my nephews for Christmas gifts.
I know a guy who collects 1911 pistols. He has at least 50 of them. He only shoots a couple the rest are in display cases. I am 100% certain that not every dealer he ever purchased a gun from new him personally.
I feel sad for the officers widow and for her loss. The criminal is the bad guy in the story and that is who she should focus her wrath upon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies